*VIDEO* My C32 vs. LS2 GTO *Round 2*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
aho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
*VIDEO* My C32 vs. LS2 GTO *Round 2*

Hey guys, just ran my buddy again cause he got some mods done. The first run we did, he was basically stock. Just in case no one has seen the first run, I posted it anyway

Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zH7P0p0nVg

Round 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxv_lTveec8
Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
He definitely picked up some power while you didn't pick up any......and you may have been losing some (not a lot though) if you were doing back to back to back rounds without a heat exchanger.

looks like its time for you to get more power! ...tune time?

it appears that the GTO picked up about 20whp on you, which sounds about right with his intake mod and ported IM. I found it rather odd that the guy in the GTO (your friend I'm guessing) chose to port it...and at this point....and not choosing other bolt ons to choose from (TB, headers, catback). I'm not sure if the LS1 and LS2 share intake manifolds, but I know the LS1 intake manifolds usually don't get touched until after 400whp because that is when they start becoming a bottleneck....and then at that point, they dont port the stock one. generally get what is called a F.A.S.T 90 IM.

does your friend have a tune? .....IMHO, it wouldnt be wise to port the IM without tuning the car.

anyway, nice run. and looks sick! i'm still thinkin about doing the same to my rims and grille when i get a chance.

what song is that btw?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
He definitely picked up some power while you didn't pick up any......and you may have been losing some (not a lot though) if you were doing back to back to back rounds without a heat exchanger.

looks like its time for you to get more power! ...tune time?

it appears that the GTO picked up about 20whp on you, which sounds about right with his intake mod and ported IM. I found it rather odd that the guy in the GTO (your friend I'm guessing) chose to port it...and at this point....and not choosing other bolt ons to choose from (TB, headers, catback). I'm not sure if the LS1 and LS2 share intake manifolds, but I know the LS1 intake manifolds usually don't get touched until after 400whp because that is when they start becoming a bottleneck....and then at that point, they dont port the stock one. generally get what is called a F.A.S.T 90 IM.

does your friend have a tune? .....IMHO, it wouldnt be wise to port the IM without tuning the car.

anyway, nice run. and looks sick! i'm still thinkin about doing the same to my rims and grille when i get a chance.

what song is that btw?
Yes the runs were back to back to back, I think the last run i was getting heat soaked. Yes a tune would be great to get, but im actually thinking about putting the car up for sale and trying to jump into an E55.

As far as the GTO goes, we've been trying to talk my friend into modding it for a year and a half now and he finally agreed to order the intake. When we decided to install the intake, my friend said he wanted to port the intake manifold. So.... The camera man (my friend with the turbo S2000) Decided to port out the intake manifold before installing the intake. It was a free mod, hence why he didnt go with long tubes or a throttle body. And no he doesnt have a tune on the car.

Yes! Definetely do the rims and the grill you wont be sorry! Thanks for the kind words Josh, and congrats again on the 36S! I actually had to look up how they scored the test and the S is impressive! Not that the 36 isnt, but the S is almost perfect right?

Oh and im not sure of the song, ill have to ask the camera man in the morning, hes the one that puts all the videos together.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
Yes the runs were back to back to back, I think the last run i was getting heat soaked. Yes a tune would be great to get, but im actually thinking about putting the car up for sale and trying to jump into an E55.

As far as the GTO goes, we've been trying to talk my friend into modding it for a year and a half now and he finally agreed to order the intake. When we decided to install the intake, my friend said he wanted to port the intake manifold. So.... The camera man (my friend with the turbo S2000) Decided to port out the intake manifold before installing the intake. It was a free mod, hence why he didnt go with long tubes or a throttle body. And no he doesnt have a tune on the car.

Yes! Definetely do the rims and the grill you wont be sorry! Thanks for the kind words Josh, and congrats again on the 36S! I actually had to look up how they scored the test and the S is impressive! Not that the 36 isnt, but the S is almost perfect right?
E55 eh? alright....that's gettin' the job done lol.

free mods are good (as long as they don't hurt the car)

yah both the 36 and the S are good, but this is your thread. i don't wanna hijack. I'll just PM you the details lol

Last edited by jturkel; 10-01-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
E55 eh? alright....that's gettin' the job done lol.

free mods are good (as long as they don't hurt the car)

yah both the 36 and the S are good, but this is your thread. i don't wanna hijack. I'll just PM you the details lol

and i'm gonna ask again b/c i cant figure it out........what is the song that is being played in the round 2 video?
I really dont like the idea of dumping any more money into the car when an E55 will more than get the job done, assuming of course I can sell the car for a decent price.

You really think porting the intake manifold will hurt the car? More air flow without added fuel will cause the car to leanout a bit, but you think its enough to cause damage?

I honestly dont know the name of the song but I will find out tomorrow for you.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Turk, where the heck have you been?

I think results could be different at the drag strip, I can even have a hard time catching someone if they get on it from a roll just before i do..... pending on the car.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Hey Hooley, whats with your spelling of occasional in your avatar? lol
Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
I really dont like the idea of dumping any more money into the car when an E55 will more than get the job done, assuming of course I can sell the car for a decent price.

You really think porting the intake manifold will hurt the car? More air flow without added fuel will cause the car to leanout a bit, but you think its enough to cause damage?

I honestly dont know the name of the song but I will find out tomorrow for you.
i agree. E55 not in my budget right now with that first round of apps costing me above 1200. You should be able to find an E55 in the 20s, though probably relatively high miles (north of 60 or 70 i think).

eh....i asked a couple buddies with LS1s about it and they both think he is fine. not enough to port out to make much of a difference in power apparently. he's fine. sorry for the false alarm.

yes song please. must know haha....
Old 10-01-2009, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Turk, where the heck have you been?
i got really sick last Friday when we were supposed to go out and celebrate. Had fever up to 104 this weekend....i'm now enjoying my first 24hrs without a fever but still have a headcold....i'll be able to make it out this weekend though for sure.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by aho
Hey Hooley, whats with your spelling of occasional in your avatar? lol
I have know I idea what you're talking about
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I have know I idea what you're talking about
hahahahahaha, must be my dyslexia
Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
i agree. E55 not in my budget right now with that first round of apps costing me above 1200. You should be able to find an E55 in the 20s, though probably relatively high miles (north of 60 or 70 i think).

eh....i asked a couple buddies with LS1s about it and they both think he is fine. not enough to port out to make much of a difference in power apparently. he's fine. sorry for the false alarm.

yes song please. must know haha....
Yea med school apps are alot more important than trying to upgrade at this point. Get er done Josh! My brother just left for Iraq and now I have his car to use as a daily driver, so I think it would be nice to sell mine and save up a little for a nice down on an E55. We'll see though, I find out the end of October if I get accepted into the nursing program I applied to, if so tuition will be first priority.

Will definitely get you the name of the song.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by aho
hahahahahaha, must be my dyslexia
lol. In all honesty I'm like the worst speller ever. Wayne for LET and myself went to the same school for people with dyslexia. Unlike Tom Cruise I'm not cured off it. In fact I think I just proved there is no cure for it... lol
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by aho
Yea med school apps are alot more important than trying to upgrade at this point. Get er done Josh! My brother just left for Iraq and now I have his car to use as a daily driver, so I think it would be nice to sell mine and save up a little for a nice down on an E55. We'll see though, I find out the end of October if I get accepted into the nursing program I applied to, if so tuition will be first priority.

good luck! education now.....fun later aka E55 (well fun some now obviously, but you get the point lol)
Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
good luck! education now.....fun later aka E55 (well fun some now obviously, but you get the point lol)
Thanks! I hope you get into the school of your choice!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Roll up your window!! hehe

nice runs!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 AM
aho

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Roll up your window!! hehe

nice runs!
I wouldnt be able to hear the camera man yelling when to go.....lol

Yea i Know, 3 honks.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
great vids..i had a similar experience with a SRT 8 when i had my bad throttle actuator. I believe its a ls2 with similar weight. We started at 80mph and i couldn't get more then a fender ahead until about 100 and they slowly i started pulley away until we hit traffic and shutdown in mexico. I dont know if he was modded or not.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by aho

just keep in mind, if you do any twisties, the air suspension on the e55 sucks and its too soft to handle a corner at speed. But its a monster in the straights.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
i got really sick last Friday when we were supposed to go out and celebrate. Had fever up to 104 this weekend....i'm now enjoying my first 24hrs without a fever but still have a headcold....i'll be able to make it out this weekend though for sure.

Mike, sounds like someone needs a doctor

I see Gene Simmons and Kiss are touring again this fall. You can call "Doctor Love."

*** Still waiting for my Quaife for the KMan Car!! ****
Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Yes I agree with JTurkel back to back to back runs aren't good for our SC engines...every time you do back to back you lose HP fast and enough as you seen from first to second run from 45 and 50 roll on second video...great runs though...get some cooling mods and results will vary..funny cause I expected more from the GTO on the first video but oh well.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by aho
Hey guys, just ran my buddy again cause he got some mods done. The first run we did, he was basically stock. Just in case no one has seen the first run, I posted it anyway

Round 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zH7P0p0nVg

Round 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxv_lTveec8
Get a Tune and it won't happen like in 50 roll on 2nd video...also get a heat exchanger
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by c32used
Get a Tune and it won't happen like in 50 roll on 2nd video...also get a heat exchanger
+1, try some phenolics as well. Needswings has some nice ones.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Those races weren't exactly fair b/c of extra passenger switching from car to car. With equal passenger weight they are both probably almost dead even.

Two words: Horn Countdown
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Not too shabby, your definately heat soakin...

The LS2 is an easy kill for a modded C32, and a really easy kill for a heavily modded 32

Nice job tho...