Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Needswings Oil Catch Can

....its officially for sale!

not sure how many of you C32ers check out the srt6 forum, but it has been posted there. I have mine already and will be installing soon!

Links for your convenience:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...tml#post426403

http://www.needswings.com/NeedsWings...Kit-c32cc.aspx
Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG
Jturkel,

I already have phenolic spacers installed. According to Needswings, I'll need to order 2 sets of intake manifold gaskets when installing these with the phenolic spacers.

My question is, will I need to replace my phenolic spacers after done installing the catch can?

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, how do you empty out the oil that goes to the catch can? How can you tell when it's full?

I saw Eric Gunter has one in his car last year when I went for a weekend trip to do installs in my car. His catch can has some sort of leveling gauge to know how much oil it's in it, at least that what I can remember.

Let me know, I'm quite interested of putting one of these in my car.

Originally Posted by jturkel
....its officially for sale!

not sure how many of you C32ers check out the srt6 forum, but it has been posted there. I have mine already and will be installing soon!

Links for your convenience:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...tml#post426403

http://www.needswings.com/NeedsWings...Kit-c32cc.aspx
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Jturkel,

I already have phenolic spacers installed. According to Needswings, I'll need to order 2 sets of intake manifold gaskets when installing these with the phenolic spacers.

My question is, will I need to replace my phenolic spacers after done installing the catch can?

Also, this may sound like a stupid question, how do you empty out the oil that goes to the catch can? How can you tell when it's full?

I saw Eric Gunter has one in his car last year when I went for a weekend trip to do installs in my car. His catch can has some sort of leveling gauge to know how much oil it's in it, at least that what I can remember.

Let me know, I'm quite interested of putting one of these in my car.
the install is actually doable without taking off the manifolds despite the posted instructions. it can be done via the throttle body. Send Rob an email at Rob@needswings.com or Sales@needswings.com and ask him for the C32 directions that do not require the manifolds to be removed...it involves the TB

as far as emptying out the oil in the catch can, it is designed with a little "hole" on the bottom with a metal stopper that can unscrew and let out the oil. I am told it is best (and really only needed) to empty the catch can when you change the oil in your car. i dont think it should fill up the entire can between oil changes. It is a rather sizable can. Email Rob for more specific information regarding that question (a good one)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

the install is actually doable without taking off the manifolds despite the posted instructions. it can be done via the throttle body. Send Rob an email at Rob@needswings.com or Sales@needswings.com and ask him for the C32 directions that do not require the manifolds to be removed...it involves the TB

as far as emptying out the oil in the catch can, it is designed with a little "hole" on the bottom with a metal stopper that can unscrew and let out the oil. I am told it is best (and really only needed) to empty the catch can when you change the oil in your car. i dont think it should fill up the entire can between oil changes. It is a rather sizable can. Email Rob for more specific information regarding that question (a good one)
if you can post a DIY ok?
Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
if you can post a DIY ok?
when i get around to installing it i can. if you want a DIY, i believe Rob has step-by-step instructions for installing it both the TB method and the manifold removal method
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
who are you?....you say "we"
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
who are you?....you say "we"
I "BELIEVE" it's TVT Design:

http://www.tvtdes********/
Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
who are you?....you say "we" :nix:
IB, for as much as I and others enjoy their various forums, is a stickler about their revenue.
Never mind the worthwhile content some here have shared that ultimately drives their traffic.

Can’t fault them for doing so. Goes against my grain even as a shareholder, though.
Most of us know of NeedsWings and TVT anyway. :)

reference