C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Whats your take on this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009 | 11:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Whats your take on this?

So the other day I thought My supercharger was chattering louder than normal. I Borescoped the blower to look for any damage to the rotors. All I found was some recirculating oil from the custom bypass valves I got. No biggie, rotors looked good a little dirty but ok.

So thinking the worsed before the borescope. I call my MBZ dealer and told them I might need another blower as this one might have had yet another bearing failure. I was put on hold. only to be told I was S.O.L. The blower would not be warrantied even if it was broken. Not to mention I've had it under a year. So I thought I would be covered. Nope dealer says no.

Now just the day before I was in the dealer getting a new tensioner pulley. They told me my last one that went bad had a 1 year parts warranty. They told me to bring in the old part and they will credit back my credit card.

So why is it that they will warranty my pulley, but not my blower? both come with the same 1 year deal.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 11-14-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-15-2009 | 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Maybe because it was already covered once? That's just a guess though.

As we discussed back then, I'm actually kinda surprised they covered it the last time you had an issue, since it's installed in an "aftermarket" configuration on an MB that didn't come with that part from the factory. Either way, sorry to hear that you're on your own from here - good incentive to not turn up the wick too much more, eh?
Old 11-15-2009 | 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
wow
Old 11-15-2009 | 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Maybe because it was already covered once? That's just a guess though.

As we discussed back then, I'm actually kinda surprised they covered it the last time you had an issue, since it's installed in an "aftermarket" configuration on an MB that didn't come with that part from the factory. Either way, sorry to hear that you're on your own from here - good incentive to not turn up the wick too much more, eh?
+1
Old 11-15-2009 | 01:51 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
sucks man...sorry to hear. Have you tried another dealer?
Old 11-16-2009 | 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
So the other day I thought My supercharger was chattering louder than normal. I Borescoped the blower to look for any damage to the rotors. All I found was some recirculating oil from the custom bypass valves I got. No biggie, rotors looked good a little dirty but ok.

So thinking the worsed before the borescope. I call my MBZ dealer and told them I might need another blower as this one might have had yet another bearing failure. I was put on hold. only to be told I was S.O.L. The blower would not be warrantied even if it was broken. Not to mention I've had it under a year. So I thought I would be covered. Nope dealer says no.

Now just the day before I was in the dealer getting a new tensioner pulley. They told me my last one that went bad had a 1 year parts warranty. They told me to bring in the old part and they will credit back my credit card.

So why is it that they will warranty my pulley, but not my blower? both come with the same 1 year deal.
Do you know how much you paid for the OEM SC? I have a brand new one straight from the AMG factory, not rebuilt or remanufactured. $3K shipped.
Old 11-16-2009 | 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
That blows... i would have a conversation with AMG lounge chat session or take it to another dealer and explain wtf happen. Hope everything works out.
Old 11-16-2009 | 03:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
My SC is working perfect. Its just crazy that the dealer wouldn't want cover it if it does crap out. But, they have no problem coving my supercharger guide pulley?

After this race season I'm strongly considering some turbos. I basically have everything needed to do the job. It would just be a matter of letting my fabricator go to town.
Old 11-16-2009 | 08:43 AM

2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
If you have had the supercharger replaced once under warranty, it can not be replaced again. The dealership cannot parts warranty a previously parts warrantied part. You can contact your dealerships SPOM (service & parts operations manager) and see if he would be willing to cover it...but the dealership will not get reimbursed by the factory for the part.