Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Looked at a C32 (story)

So my journey began today.

i looked at THIS car:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Look at it.. looks good right? Clean car, 78k is a little high, but if its nice, i could do it.. he says its nice so who knows, could be a good car..

So..

I flew out of Tri-Cities and ended up in Atlanta where i took the MARTA to see this thing. Guy said it was in great shape, blah blah blah yeah.. So i had some time today to go take a gander at it. Figure if i like it, i may get it who knows.

I'll skip a lot of stuff as i don't wanna get into it to much.. but heres the rundown.

-crack in windshield
-cig burns on the pillars and headliner
-buttons above radio where muffed up.. like burnt
-handles on the interior where scuffed up
-gas door was dented in
-3 little dings drivers side
-half dozen ones on the pass. side
-scratches of course
-wheels were pealing
-brake light out !
-SRS restraint was showing on the cluster. 1 malfunction
-ticking noise coming from the dash
-clunks in the suspension
-did not feel like 350hp.
-car stank

Okay, so i wasn't to happy with that considering i was told it was a clean great condition car. He did have service records on it though, A B & C he sais. I looked at a few. Seemed legit. Said it had new brakes all around.. only it didn't. Weren't friendly and could care less if i bought it. .. his actual words.
He said he didn't understand why i didn't want it, it was the best one i'll ever find, etc. I brought up some of that stuff and he said not to talk negative and to talk positive about the vehicle. so..

and some other questions:

I noticed the turn signals... when i pushed down, left turn signal, it wouldn't do anything. Sometimes yes, but sometimes no. Acted really weird. Right turn signal functioned normally. He said... it was normal, i didn't do it right blah blah.. lets not talk about it. Was their something i was missing?

I also noticed.. the vehicle lugged around. As in.. shifted to really low gears and low RPM's the whole time.. felt odd.. like it was just boggin down everywhere. Is this how they all are?

Also, he doesn't do carfaxes for the vehicle, said i could do one if i wanted. It was involved in an accident a few years ago. Front end. Although, i can pick stuff apart realy good, it looked just fine. Looked original. Except the grille was not stock, less bars. He did not tell me of any accidents. Said he bought it two years ago.. in which its had a few owners the past few years. Also said not to buy a car from Dalls or Texas cause they aren't good shape.. in which, this car was originally from Dallas lol.

Anyways, hopefully you all won't get mad for me posting this story up, just kinda irritated and if i can help someone out that was wondering about this car. AND.. the little stuff, like the problems i noted, could anyone answer these problems, the ticking, etc. Not interested in the vehicle, just curious as to those problems.

Pretty mad at the whole situation and they way they acted towards me. Even though i took my whole day and a few bucks to get down there. Overall, not a good day. I got screwed to cause they were late to pick me up from the station.. and..they couldn't take me back to the station, so i got a cab. Missed my flight.. as i figured i would. Guess it helps to have connections and work for the airport.. but still. Not cool.

Thank you all and my search will continue..

and this is why i hate buying a car.

Last edited by DrewZ9266; 02-17-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:38 AM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Sounds like it had a dead IC pump, along with a bad owner. Smelly car = bad news always.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
that's what happens when looking at used cars - some sellers are lying scumbags with ragged to hell cars.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:56 AM

ML
^exactly, i hate smelly cars. I smoke.. yeah i know.. but i hate smelling up a car. My next car will be smoke free cause i can't stand it.. so i will stop. Because a C32 doesn't deserve that ( if i ever find one)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah its too much money for all the problems the car has. If you run into any kind of electrical problems, run away. There usually expensive and difficult to resolve.

Honestly, if I were you I would look at a CPO 335i. You can buy the sedan for around 25k and the coupes for 27-29k.

But i agree with the others, sounds like a bad intercooler pump. A bad intercooler pump will turn that 350hp car to 200hp c320.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 02-17-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:01 AM

ML
I was figuring that as well. I thought about it before i went up there.. cause i never drove a c32 and would be happy if i could at least see what kinda power these things have. AND.. as i knew would happen. IC pump was probably bad.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if your in socal, i can give you a ride in my car. If you want to see how it feels..lol.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
damn! sorry about that! def red flag is raising!

u used the term "bogging" lol, yeah the I/C pump needs to be replaced. its at 78K that car. My i/c pump went out at 60K lol.

cigarette burnt pillars, and smelly car, mustve been a smoker previous owner.

Crack windshield, dings, and such, little cosmetic problems on this car can cause u $$$$.

i mean a crack windshield alone if u go OEM would cost lots of money.

therefore, keep your head up and search for another C32! keep searching man, the right one is out there somewhere!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
def next time, knowing that your def far away coz u took the plane to get there, DO NOT hesitate to ask for more detailed really up close pictures and such. U, as the buyer would want to make your trip worth it maan!

P.S. i never knew the AMG wheels come in chrome?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:22 AM

ML
Look on Ebay, the chrome wheels are on there. Yeah, it wasn't bad, the trip itself i didn't mind, just how they acted. And i do, but they weren't quick to tell of anything wrong. I could have asked as many questions as i wanted.. and they would've said whatever they had to i'm sure.

And to follow up, he'd go 14,500 and a new windshield from Mercedes.

but still...
Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The turn signal problem is a big red flag. German electrics suck.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:30 AM

ML
Yeah, soon as the turn signal didn't work.. i said oh no..... my ML and my friends Audi both have electrical gremlins. I hate working on electrical stuff, which is why nothing works in the ML lol. I just live with it.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DrewZ9266
Look on Ebay, the chrome wheels are on there. Yeah, it wasn't bad, the trip itself i didn't mind, just how they acted. And i do, but they weren't quick to tell of anything wrong. I could have asked as many questions as i wanted.. and they would've said whatever they had to i'm sure.

And to follow up, he'd go 14,500 and a new windshield from Mercedes.

but still...
i see i see, true, but yeah, chrome wheels= fail lol
oh! to add on about what u said about buzzing sound coming from the drivers HUD, thats probably the tilt feature of the steering wheel gone bad.
The bushing on those wears off eventually from constant changing the setting s of the steering wheel, and evetually theyll just stop tilting one day.

IF the easy Exit/Entry feature is chosen, then the buzzin sound will happen, because when u exit, the wheels would want to tilt up wards to easy exit, but since the bushings are all worn off, the steering wheels wont tilt up.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
The turn signal problem is a big red flag. German electrics suck.
AMEN! Seat modules alone where a Bi**h! lol thank god to DIYs on mbworld...myMB is lacking DIYs..: but its all good lol
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Sounds similar to the guy who sold me my C32. Wasn't willing to budge off his price at all even after I pointed out several problems. Also, tried to rush me saying they had other stuff to do. Would have probably continued to search around if I didn't drive 600 miles to see it... Could have waited about a month more and just got an E55...
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 AM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Originally Posted by SGTzAMG
chrome wheels= fail lol
Really? Even though I don't have it on my C32, I like chrome wheels.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 AM

'03 C32, '08 ML63
Where you located? Given this is a car enthusiast forum I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone here unwilling to take you out in their car. Since you flew to Atlanta I'm guessing it's a safe assumption you aren't close or I'd take you out in mine.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
If you live near south east Pennsylvania you're welcome to come out in mine. Don't fret though, just because this guy was an unsavory character and was stuck with a crap car doesn't mean they are all like that. Two years is a long time for a used car dealer to have any car. I've seen plenty of beautiful examples of our cars for sale and for less than $15k. I only spent $12k on mine and it has navigation and every other option.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM

2005 c55
Good thing you went down and checked it out first. There are some great deals out there but I like yourself and scared to buy site unseen regardless of the pictures and info given. I know lots of people in here have bought like that and found great cars but you can never be too safe to check out first when out of the area.

Good luck on your search as these have dropped in value lots being they are great deals now.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 PM

ML
Yeah i just wish i had a lot of money to get one for 20k and i'm sure i won't have this problem. Just don't wanna spend THAT much on it, as i do plan on taking it apart and fixing random stuff as soon as i get it. Just as a preventive thing. And you never know what can break... and i won't be putting an aftermarket warranty on it, so it will come out of my pocket. All the work will be done by me, so i don't think it will be that bad.

Since i don't feel like spending all cash on the vehicle, i'm doing half cash half will be financed. So. With that in mind, i can only get 03-04. Which is better anyways i guess. Then i will be getting rid of other vehicles and sellin some stuff and get the other part payed off. No biggie. I hate loans but i'd rather have a little one, build credit, money in the bank still, and sell crap and pay the thing off. works for me!

So really i only have 1,000 cars to choose from. Has to be black, so how many black out of that? my choices are slim, but.. they're out there.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by DrewZ9266
Yeah i just wish i had a lot of money to get one for 20k and i'm sure i won't have this problem. Just don't wanna spend THAT much on it, as i do plan on taking it apart and fixing random stuff as soon as i get it. Just as a preventive thing. And you never know what can break... and i won't be putting an aftermarket warranty on it, so it will come out of my pocket. All the work will be done by me, so i don't think it will be that bad.

Since i don't feel like spending all cash on the vehicle, i'm doing half cash half will be financed. So. With that in mind, i can only get 03-04. Which is better anyways i guess. Then i will be getting rid of other vehicles and sellin some stuff and get the other part payed off. No biggie. I hate loans but i'd rather have a little one, build credit, money in the bank still, and sell crap and pay the thing off. works for me!

So really i only have 1,000 cars to choose from. Has to be black, so how many black out of that? my choices are slim, but.. they're out there.
Drew, Sad to hear about your C32 experience.

My car's sitting here waiting for you I told you'd I'd work with you on the price:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...mg-modded.html
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 AM

ML
Originally Posted by Forza1
Drew, Sad to hear about your C32 experience.

My car's sitting here waiting for you I told you'd I'd work with you on the price:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...mg-modded.html

haha i was just about to email you.. and i will.