summer project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I could be wrong, but last time I was at the shop before Jake sold his C he was running stacked C3 mid-size and a 185...but then again, his car was very heavily modified and had spent 50 hours or more on the dyno getting tuned.

...I guess those are the perks of owning your own dyno...
yes, you are correct....but there was more to it then getting dynotuned that allowed him to run that setup
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by jturkel
yes, you are correct....but there was more to it then getting dynotuned that allowed him to run that setup
thats for damn sure.... port/polish, custom plenums help as well.

And I still ran those times with a full interior, and even with 2 12" subs in the trunk!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 AM

CLK55 AMG
i know its been a while, but i finnaly have some videos of the resonator delete comparasins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfWt_k4ieA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idIz9JP6R2E
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 AM

CLK55 AMG
secondaries are coming off very soon )
Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
i don't feel bad...i have guys my age (19) if not younger riding around in mommy and daddy's e92 m3 or w204 c63, for their first car! i don't really have too many friends, just a best friend and a girlfriend, but everyone in my area with a decently nice car that is my age, i know and i associate myself with. most of the people i associate with drive bmw's, mainly e46 m3's and i always get them off the line because they lack torque. yea, most people do hate when they see me in my car (well they don't see me anymore since i got the front windows tinted which i got a ticket for yesterday btw) but they don't know that i paid as much for a new v-6 mustang or a nicely loaded hyundai genesis coupe. when i graduate college in the next couple years, i'm definately buying a c63 or e63. i love these AMG's!

Originally Posted by DrewZ9266
I can't imagine having any kind of "fancy" nice car or AMG at 16 or even 18. Do you guys even have friends? I know around here, people would hate you and probably kick your ***. Hell, i'll be honest, i hate seeing spoiled rich kids in their nice cars. I drove a 92' 300zx thru high-school and got hated on for it. Only because it looks cool and seems expensive.. only it was dirt cheap and i didn't have much money (1k). So my father did give me a bit and i got it. Only to return and spend $$$$ later on down the road. It finally died at 234k

I feel like a punk driving the C32, and ALMOST feel bad telling people that i have one. I meet a lot of poor kids and adults and that don't have anything, so when i say "Mercedes" i feel like a spoiled rich kid. I am 21, but i look about 18.

Be happy you had the x5 as most kids don't even get that. You still got 16k for it.. thats 16k your father gave you.

You gotta come from money to have money *most of the time*

and to C32kompressor:

I would modify it to an extent, but thats it. After that, a lot of time and money goes into it for small gains. I'd do the basics and make it look good. It's a Mercedes and it's fast enough for what it is. I wouldn't get wrapped up into making it a race car. I'd put my full concentration on picking up the ladies.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 AM

CLK55 AMG
well the secondaries are now off, the sound is amazing!, more videos to come