c32 supercharger info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford probe gt
c32 supercharger info

hey all,
i am actually in the process of a pretty ridiculous project in which i am using the supercharger off a c32 to provide unnatural aspiration. im hoping someone on here can give me the technical specs of the supercharger, most importantly the size of the pulley and the displacement of the supercharger. any info would be great! thanks!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by proboner
hey all,
i am actually in the process of a pretty ridiculous project in which i am using the supercharger off a c32 to provide unnatural aspiration. im hoping someone on here can give me the technical specs of the supercharger, most importantly the size of the pulley and the displacement of the supercharger. any info would be great! thanks!
Try a search on the Crossfire SRT6 forum here: http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/

I remember a really in depth thread with everything you need including blown up pics.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
sc pulley size is 74mm. Produced by IHI and i believe its a 1.2L positive displacement sc.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM

ford probe gt
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
sc pulley size is 74mm. Produced by IHI and i believe its a 1.2L positive displacement sc.
hmm 1.2 seems a little small. the old roots style m62 supercharger that came on the c230 kompressor was 1L and those things made like half the hp. can anyone confirm this?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
TemjinX2 is correct regarding its pulley size.

c32 supercharger info-amgm112superchargerflow.jpg

Note its integral intake runners line up, not coincidentally, with the M112 heads for which it was originally intended.
Ditch its inadequate charge air cooler during your retrofit.

c32 supercharger info-ic52.jpg
photo credit BrianBrave
Old 04-30-2010, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It looks like its 1.8L positive displacement. Keep in mind its twin-screw so its much more efficient then a roots style supercharger.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...evolution.html

There's another thread i think written by forza thats much more detailed, but i can't seem to find it.

If you want to upgrade the sc, you should look into a centifugal supercharger. They make more much power then a twin screw or roots.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
If you want to upgrade the sc, you should look into a centifugal supercharger. They make more much power then a twin screw or roots.
Only at HIGH rpms my friend.

If you look at the area under the curve on a dyno graph, I will/would ALWAYS take a positive displacement supercharger over a centrifugal any day of the week. Except for drag racing ONLY.

AKA I road raced a whipple charger in the SCCA with VERY good results for over a decade
Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 PM

ford probe gt
Originally Posted by splinter
TemjinX2 is correct regarding its pulley size.

Note its integral intake runners line up, not coincidentally, with the M112 heads for which it was originally intended.
Ditch its inadequate charge air cooler during your retrofit.

photo credit BrianBrave
So judging by the graph you have posted its a 1.6L, which is much more in line with what i was guessing. as for the runners, those will be chopped off, this is going to be a completely custom install. im not positive yet if i will be intercooling or water injection, but either way the stock cooling will not be present.

It looks like its 1.8L positive displacement. Keep in mind its twin-screw so its much more efficient then a roots style supercharger.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...evolution.html

There's another thread i think written by forza thats much more detailed, but i can't seem to find it.

Where did you get the 1.8 from? from what i read in the thread you posted it said 1.6L. as fro centrifugal, i will never go that route, if i wanted that id just go turbo.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Only at HIGH rpms my friend.

If you look at the area under the curve on a dyno graph, I will/would ALWAYS take a positive displacement supercharger over a centrifugal any day of the week. Except for drag racing ONLY.

AKA I road raced a whipple charger in the SCCA with VERY good results for over a decade
Exactly!

Thanks for all the info so far guys! this has been quite helpfull!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM

2005 E55
You've peaked my interest. Keep us updated!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 PM

ford probe gt
Well if anyone is interested...
The project car is a 1993 Ford Probe GT. I'ts in the process of being converted to RWD. It currently has a 3rd gen. RX7 rear suspension, diff, driveshaft, axles hubs, etc. custom rear framerails, 2nd gen RX7 front suspension, 12 point roll cage, completely gutted, custom firewall and trans tunnel. It will be using a 2nd gen RX7 turbo transmission, mated to a mazda klg4 V6 engine. (basically a slightly newer version of the stock probe engine, exact same design just comes with SLA's and slightly better flowing heads) The engine will remain stock for the first iteration, but will also be receiving race cams, stiffer valve springs, a custom intake manifold, (all of which I already have) and an external oil pump to allow revs to increase to roughly 9k. Im going to have the SC just be an on and off affair via a switch mounted in the cabin. That way I can run N/A when I want and FI when I want. All this will be tuned using megasquirt which I had on my previous project. As of now the car is basically a rolling chassis, with all the suspension, and cage in place. the biggest hurldes coming up are the fabrication of engine plates, custom oil pan, custom driveshaft, and engine to transmission adapter. The rest should be relatively straight forward but somewhat time consuming.

I currently own the supercharger, but I'm going to send it to get rebuilt at which time the runners will also be chopped off. The plan is to run the supercharger using an UDP on my crank which will result in roughly 14psi of boost. honestly i'ts a little high, but there are many people pushing that much boost on stock engines in my community and are making roughly 350whp. Now that I think about it however, it will likely be a decent amount more than that, since those numbers are with a stock 7000rpm redline, stock intake, and stock cams. N/A it will hopefully be making around 220whp. After driving in this setup, if all goes well and I enjoy the car enough, I'm going to build an engine with forged internals and put a stock crank pulley back on which will result in roughly 20psi of boost. At that point this thing will be making over 400whp and weigh in around 2800lbs, possibly even less depending how much extra weight the rear end and roll cage have added. Keep in mind none of this is even close to coming to fruition, so things may change along the way... assuming I even finish.

My original project car had a clutched m62 off a c230 in place of my air conditioning compressor using brakets i made quite easily. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SWgfmfpyA8 I'm hoping to do something similar with this version as well. Some other fun details of the project are a 350z exhaust, http://www.youtube.com/user/pr0b0ner#p/u/4/FkYLQiHrX7w, and electric exhaust cutout, allowing you to go from a quiet yet restrictive system, to striaght open headers http://www.youtube.com/user/pr0b0ner#p/u/2/4cX-d52xDnk

pictures of the project can be seen here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...0&id=696367993

Last edited by proboner; 04-30-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by proboner
So judging by the graph you have posted its a 1.6L, which is much more in line with what i was guessing. as for the runners, those will be chopped off, this is going to be a completely custom install. im not positive yet if i will be intercooling or water injection, but either way the stock cooling will not be present.

Where did you get the 1.8 from? from what i read in the thread you posted it said 1.6L. as fro centrifugal, i will never go that route, if i wanted that id just go turbo.

Exactly!

Thanks for all the info so far guys! this has been quite helpfull!
yeah your right, i apologize, i was posting it at 4am.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 PM

2005 E55
Wow, great pics man. Good luck with the project.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Awesome, good luck with the project!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Proboner, please check your PM about your supercharger runners