c32 vs Pontiac G8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
a land yacht.
c32 vs Pontiac G8

like the title say, I raced a Pontiac G8 today...in Mexico.

I wasnt sure he was going to go off the line so I rolled off the line and he floored it right away so I had a little delay of getting on it, then he slowly pulled on me as we approached about 65mph...we let off due to a car pulling out...

next run hes cruising up on me and we get it from a 50 roll, it was about dead even at that point up to about 90....

at the light the guy proceeds to tell me, "you got nothin man! you got nothin!" as he is turning left

I did nothing but point and laugh at him, then he flashes me the "L" as i drive by..

I think I would have had him easily if I launched off the line...

what are your thoughts? I was surprised at how quick it was actually...but I cant take it anymore its time for a 185..tools like that need to go down

oh yeah and I had a passenger too

Last edited by C_DirtyTwo; 05-10-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
at the light the guy proceeds to tell me, "you got nothin man! you got nothin!" as he is turning left

I did nothing but point and laugh at him, then he flashes me the "L" as i drive by..
OMG, he's gotta be the biggest loser for even saying that Sh_t!
It's called LDS. First word Little, last word Syndrome, you fill in the rest.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
like the title say, I raced a Pontiac G8 today...in Mexico.

I wasnt sure he was going to go off the line so I rolled off the line and he floored it right away so I had a little delay of getting on it, then he slowly pulled on me as we approached about 65mph...we let off due to a car pulling out...

next run hes cruising up on me and we get it from a 50 roll, it was about dead even at that point up to about 90....

I think I would have had him easily if I launched off the line...

what are your thoughts? I was surprised at how quick it was actually...but I cant take it anymore its time for a 185..tools like that need to go down

oh yeah and I had a passenger too
you need some performance mods.....

was it just a G8? or was it a G8 GT or G8 GXP? I'm gonna guess it was a GT....?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
OMG, he's gotta be the biggest loser for even saying that Sh_t!
It's called LDS. First word Little, last word Syndrome, you fill in the rest.
hahaha seriously! I wanted to slap that stupid excited look off his face!
Originally Posted by jturkel

Im not sure because I never actually saw the rear end, at the light I noticed it did not have the Brembo Brakes, if that means anything...

and as far as performance mods go, Im thinking the intercooler isolation kit, Heat exchanger...then save up for an 185mm pulley and get a retune from Powerchip :dunno: decent amount of power, yeah?

Last edited by C_DirtyTwo; 05-10-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel

Two things or is it Three?

1. Are you modded?

2. Was it a GXP? (They are decently quick for stock Pontiacs) On Dragtimes, stock ones are doing about what my modded C32 does or just a lil less and I am in the 12.7 range?? Modded ones (G8) are low 12s and some in the 11s.

3. Did you tell him he's a loser for buying a car they no longer make and the brand is totally gone as well?? Talk about depreciation.Pontiac is synonymous with the word.

Why do guys who lose or you match up with call others a loser when its a fair race?? I got beat in the C32 by a Jaguar XF-R ($90 K car) model last week and I gave the guy the thumbs up, like "quick car dude." He gave me the same reply like that lil car is fast man.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 05-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

1. Are you modded?

2. Was it a GXP? (They are decently quick for stock Pontiacs) On Dragtimes, stock ones are doing about what my modded C32 does or just a lil less and I am in the 12.7 range?? Modded ones (G8) are low 12s and some in the 11s.

3. Did you tell him he's a loser for buying a car they no longer make and the brand is totally gone as well?? Talk about depreciation.Pontiac is synonymous with the word.

Why do guys who lose or you match up with call others a loser when its a fair race?? I got beat in the C32 by a Jaguar XF-R ($90 K car) model last week and I gave the guy the thumbs up, like "quick car dude." He gave me the same reply like that lil car is fast man.
1. I have a VRP tune and resonator delete...so not really

2. After looking at some pictures I think it was a Pontiac G8 GT

3. The guy was a tool and next time I see him I will kick my passenger out, and launch and push his **** in and make him regret ever stepping on the gas, I'd still love to slap him though.

it wouldnt have been a bad race if he wasnt such a tool

but on the bright side I did see a SL65 Black Series with the license plate '4AFTRWRK' or something like that, and man was it a beauty

Last edited by C_DirtyTwo; 05-10-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah if its the gxp then you would lose stock for stock. He would've kepted pulling away as the speeds got higher.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
but as for the GT....I should have pulled on him, correct?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
doesn't really matter........ he's still drivin a pontiac!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Bah, you can do better than that! :P

Soon I'll have my headers and retune, and then I'm pretty much done. I guestimate I'll be putting down 350 whp. That's enough for me, then I focus on handling. I'm more concerned with all around performance over just going off the line.

But getting a set of Mickey's wouldn't be too bad for 1/4 runs.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah you should pull on him since you have a tune.

the gt is 4000lbs and 361hp vs your c32 which is 3500lbs and with the tune you probably have like 370hp at leastm these are crank numbers of course.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
funny I read this story tonight.... after a long day @ work & class I had 3 runs vs a modded G8 GT not an hour ago!

All 3 from a dig to ~120

First run i got the jump, second and third were near perfect

All three runs ended with me 1.5-2+ car lenghts ahead

ill ask the owner next week what specificially he has done, but i know he had headers/exhaust work done

moral of this story...

considering that half those miles were slowing back down to reset the run
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
Originally Posted by W203Ramos
doesn't really matter........ he's still drivin a pontiac!!!
seriously...no wonder he was hating life haha

Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
Bah, you can do better than that! :P

Soon I'll have my headers and retune, and then I'm pretty much done. I guestimate I'll be putting down 350 whp. That's enough for me, then I focus on handling. I'm more concerned with all around performance over just going off the line.

But getting a set of Mickey's wouldn't be too bad for 1/4 runs.
Yeah we should run again to see what kind of gains you got vs stock basically..Im curious to see. And some DR's would be nice thats for sure

Originally Posted by TemjinX2

the gt is 4000lbs and 361hp vs your c32 which is 3500lbs and with the tune you probably have like 370hp at leastm these are crank numbers of course.
thats what I thought, but still the race is won or lost off the line and I had a terrible jump. Thatll be the last time I just roll off the line

Originally Posted by SoCalC55
funny I read this story tonight.... after a long day @ work & class I had 3 runs vs a modded G8 GT not an hour ago!

All 3 from a dig to ~120

ill ask the owner next week what specificially he has done, but i know he had headers/exhaust work done

moral of this story...
where are the videos???!!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
1. I have a VRP tune and resonator delete...so not really

2. After looking at some pictures I think it was a Pontiac G8 GT

3. The guy was a tool and next time I see him I will kick my passenger out, and launch and push his **** in and make him regret ever stepping on the gas, I'd still love to slap him though.

it wouldnt have been a bad race if he wasnt such a tool

but on the bright side I did see a SL65 Black Series with the license plate '4AFTRWRK' or something like that, and man was it a beauty

With any tune, you should be able to beat a stock G8 (GXP is different); I've never lost to one and have run my share of them. Particularly off the dig, very few cars can get me in my class, particularly American iron. Even the XJ-F that got me a few days ago (thumbs up dude!!) on top end took a licking until about 70, after that he pulled me. I got him good out of hole. I even beat a twin snail Vette out of hole (he majorly reeled me in like a bass after that). In fact, my C32 will give an S7 a good run till about 60-70. My 1/8 mile MPH is usually 87-89 MPH. The S7 is about 90-91 . Mid-range, its a whole different story. The S7 will eat me alive. I really like the C32 out of the digg (not as much as a AWD like a Lancer or Sti) , but it still ponies up very quickly. NOte that on Dragtimes, the 1/8 MPH on the large majority of the G8s and GXPs I looked at was 84-86 (some even less). They appear to be "doggy" out of the hole (dig), thus if you get the jump on one, the race is over before its over.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I also raced a G8 GT modded with a new exhaust right after I put the Kleemann LT headers on my car. Polite race, but I took him by at least two car lenghts from a 50mph to 100-120 mph or so roll. We quit when traffic picked up and exchanged mutual compliments. A great experience on the overall.

All 3 from a dig to ~120

moral of this story...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 AM

2019 AMG C43
where are the videos???!!
haha I dont own a video camera of any sort (not even of the iphone variety)

you me Koru Temjin others need to meet up one early morning/dusk for some videos!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
haha I dont own a video camera of any sort (not even of the iphone variety)

you me Koru Temjin others need to meet up one early morning/dusk for some videos!
now that would be some cool vids! Id have to make my dad come out for that one too!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:13 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by TemjinX2

the 32 is 3600lbs mike...lol ...plus driver makes it almost 3800lbs.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:02 PM

2019 AMG C43
now that would be some cool vids! Id have to make my dad come out for that one too!
cool! sooo you need to distract him for a good hour so i can swindle his breaks!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 G8 GT
Hey whats up guys I am a G8 GT owner here in So Cal. Sorry to hear that the G8 owner the OP raced was an idiot. Most of us appreciate all performance cars and are humble in the race scene.

We usually meet regularly at the Fontana Streetlegals every month. Most of us are lightly modded.

I personally appreciate a 4dr performance car and respect all AMG's cause they have tons of potential.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 PM

2009 G8 GT
We could meet at the L.A Invasion 5/31/10 which is open to all makes and you guys could record some video?? Ill be there Monday 5/31 all ready registered for that day.
http://www.losangelesinvasion.com/

There should be plenty of V8's you guys could race ranging from 13 second cars to 10 second cars.

Ill have my 2009 G8 GT so we could hv some fun and respectful runs.

and I wont even get mad if you guys whoop my butt its fun regardless.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 PM

2009 G8 GT
Just fyi most G8 GT's are over achievers. They usually perform better than what their dyno #'s read. With the 2.92 gears and 6l80e A6 its got some top end. Unless its stalled it will lose some top end speed for sure.

Last edited by familycar2009; 05-14-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a land yacht.
cool! sooo you need to distract him for a good hour so i can swindle his breaks!
trust me, Ive tried millions of times...I dont think he has taken his eyes off them since he put them on haha

Originally Posted by familycar2009
Hey whats up guys I am a G8 GT owner here in So Cal. Sorry to hear that the G8 owner the OP raced was an idiot. Most of us appreciate all performance cars and are humble in the race scene.

We usually meet regularly at the Fontana Streetlegals every month. Most of us are lightly modded.

I personally appreciate a 4dr performance car and respect all AMG's cause they have tons of potential.
I agree, as I have respect for the G8 after some research and seeing what it is capable of. The driver didnt seem like much of an enthusiast, but I got no hate. Hell, the race probably made his week.

We could meet at the L.A Invasion 5/31/10 which is open to all makes and you guys could record some video?? Ill be there Monday 5/31 all ready registered for that day.
http://www.losangelesinvasion.com/

There should be plenty of V8's you guys could race ranging from 13 second cars to 10 second cars.

Ill have my 2009 G8 GT so we could hv some fun and respectful runs.

and I wont even get mad if you guys whoop my butt its fun regardless.
That sounds like it could be fun, but crowded?

Just fyi most G8 GT's are over achievers. They usually perform better than what their dyno #'s read. With the 2.92 gears and 6l80e A6 its got some top end. Unless its stalled it will lose some top end speed for sure.
The G8's do have some good power, nice to see Pontiac put out a good 4dr sedan before they kicked the bucket.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:44 PM

2009 G8 GT
Yeah they kicked the bucket but for most of the G8 owners we bought them cause we knew they were going away which would make our cars rare. As you know they arent very many around. Most of the parts are interchangeable with either the GTO or the Camaro. Plus we all know the platform is a Holden from Australia and they are still around.

As far as the L.A Invasion it is limited to a certain amount of cars so we could get atleast 6-8 passes which is good for Fontana.

$30 for Test & Tune or 80 for bracket racing with prizes if you win 1st or 2nd place.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:21 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

1. Are you modded?

MB's depreciate like a rock too but hey, what doesn't. Only thing I ever owned that held it's value is a Jeep Wrangler.

My brother has a G8 GT and I keep telling him that I want to do a side by side some time and he brushes it off.....I test drove a GT and it felt slower than a stock 32 probably due to the weight of the thing. The GXP is a lot more serious when it comes to performance and I almost bought one but the dealers thought they all had a pot of gold in the end - probably a good thing the way the economy turn south on us......

Last edited by hkycoldrct; 05-16-2010 at 11:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c32 vs Pontiac G8