What are your summer mods/repairs? vs 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
What are your summer mods/repairs? vs 2010

I haven't seen a thread like this in a long while. So what are your summer mods/repairs for the summer?

I have a few exterior mods that I need to install and I need to refinish my rims.

I have a power steering leak that I still need to fix and I'd like to change all of the fluids on the car. I also need to install the new alarm siren.

So what plans do you have for your car?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
I have some Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks/struts on order that are supposed to be coming around the end of the month. Guess I will be updating the TLC thread once again
Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
I JUST picked mine up. Looking to get a drop and new wheels/tires before july since i feel thats the most important thing to temporarily complete the look of the car..

then its all power upgradessss.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
new headlight bulbs, 5000k (just ordered...let's hope they work)

supercharger on/off switch AKA the HOOLEY button...should lower my IATs when sitting at a light and improve gas mileage on highways when i want to shut it off

secondary cat delete AND possible full true dual exhaust

finally install my NW oil catch can

possible custom intercooler project (not heat exchanger)

also, possible vinyl wrap. unsure right now if i just want to do the rough or the whole car in black or matte black.....and also not sure how either would look with stock rims

replace crank position sensor......mine hasn't gone yet and i just passed 93k. it's bound to go soon. better not go on my long roadtrip to TX.

AND finally: fix my ground. gonna get a hardcore grounding kit i think. i still have that 1 dollar speaker wire as a ground and it is working for the most part fine, but it looks tacky lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Fixing its pogo lock syndrome and replacing (or re-dying?) a faded parcel shelf.

Oh, and prepping for yet another HPDE. Might be able to con ScottW911 into doing same.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 PM

CLK55 AMG
code 3 pulley, eurocharged ecu stage 2, secondary cat delete.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Back to my favorite sub forum of MBW.... Here are my summer plans..

Right now, my car is getting long tube headers installed.. Along with a res-delete. I hope to see about 45-50whp just from this mod.

Then its on to developing a new intercooler (not H/E) Along with some trial and error on some funky surge tank design.. That could be hit or miss. Just one of those things you just have to test and see what happens.

Then 180mm pulley, throttle body, airbox, tune, speedshift, HRE wheels, heat exchanger, then some other things along they way.. Hoping to make a run at a second Mercedes world record by the fall..

Turk's goal should be to not have chicks hit on other dudes when on a date.. lol Jk Turk.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM

2005 E55
I just replaced my right cats and windshield. Already have to replace the windshield again . I need to get around to installing headers, Code 3 reservoir, and PTE thermo. Once the headers are on, a tune. Will probably put on a NW catch can at some point and I need to repair a power steering leak. Then hopefully some Forgestar F14's and a super intensive polish to get rid of the marks all over the car. Oh yeah and I need to either paint and/or buy a new front bumper cover because it looks like it's been sand blasted (so embarrassing).
Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
new headlight bulbs, 5000k (just ordered...let's hope they work)

supercharger on/off switch AKA the HOOLEY button...should lower my IATs when sitting at a light and improve gas mileage on highways when i want to shut it off

secondary cat delete AND possible full true dual exhaust

finally install my NW oil catch can

possible custom intercooler project (not heat exchanger)

also, possible vinyl wrap. unsure right now if i just want to do the rough or the whole car in black or matte black.....and also not sure how either would look with stock rims

replace crank position sensor......mine hasn't gone yet and i just passed 93k. it's bound to go soon. better not go on my long roadtrip to TX.

AND finally: fix my ground. gonna get a hardcore grounding kit i think. i still have that 1 dollar speaker wire as a ground and it is working for the most part fine, but it looks tacky lol.
When I first got my car, I had thought about installing some thing to turn off the supercharger during normal driving, but I just forgot about it. I was getting awesome gas mileage for a while, also had a lack of power, and when I changed my intercooler pump my mileage went down.

Do you think that the supercharger would stay cool during normal driving when it's off? That would be awesome to have a cold supercharger when you need it most, ie track, dyno, or at a red light.

I've been meaning to get a oil catch can, but I've spent money else where. I'm sure my car would benefit drastically from it.

I'm doing the dual exhaust thing too, but I'm thinking of doing it the easy way. Running a muffler with dual outlet and bring one outlet to the other side. I wanted to go with true dual, but I don't have the money to do it the right way, spare tire tub, heat shielding, and misc parts.

Originally Posted by splinter
Fixing its pogo lock syndrome and replacing (or re-dying?) a faded parcel shelf.

Oh, and prepping for yet another HPDE. Might be able to con ScottW911 into doing same.
Did the pogo lock thing a while back, pain in the butt, but definitely doable. Let me know if you need any help.

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Back to my favorite sub forum of MBW.... Here are my summer plans..

Right now, my car is getting long tube headers installed.. Along with a res-delete. I hope to see about 45-50whp just from this mod.

Then its on to developing a new intercooler (not H/E) Along with some trial and error on some funky surge tank design.. That could be hit or miss. Just one of those things you just have to test and see what happens.

Then 180mm pulley, throttle body, airbox, tune, speedshift, HRE wheels, heat exchanger, then some other things along they way.. Hoping to make a run at a second Mercedes world record by the fall..

Turk's goal should be to not have chicks hit on other dudes when on a date.. lol Jk Turk.
Can't wait to see what you have in the works for the intercooler. I wonder if having the ability to turn on and off the supercharger would help get the most out of the supercharger, if it stays cool while the engine is on.

Dang, sounds like Turk has some other summer issues he has to take care of
Old 06-03-2010, 02:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
put on 20" wheels, the spinning kind

Last edited by Dingleberry; 06-03-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Ive been busy.

INSTALLED:
1. New water pump
2. New front wheel bearings
3. Racing Brake front rotors

PURCHASED AND NEED TO INSTALL:
1. 185 Eurocharged pulley
2. Eurocharged intake
3. NW oil catch can
4. NW Shurikan battery
5. NW coolant isolation kit
6. NW oil catch can
7. NW 185 pulley saver kit
8. Plugs/ wires
9. Reiger front bumper cover
10. Engine builder plaque
11. Recommend Mobil 1 sticker (in German)
12. Carbon trunk spoiler.

MAINTENANCE:
1. Fix AC leak
2. Fix right rear wheel carrier (stripped caliper threads)

WISH LIST:
1. Suspension (thinking H&R Coilovers)
2. Sways (also H&R)
3. New ECU tune
4. Eurocharged long tube headers
5. Tail lights
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
that was B.S.....i'm still pissed about that.

Originally Posted by loudandheard
When I first got my car, I had thought about installing some thing to turn off the supercharger during normal driving, but I just forgot about it. I was getting awesome gas mileage for a while, also had a lack of power, and when I changed my intercooler pump my mileage went down.

Do you think that the supercharger would stay cool during normal driving when it's off? That would be awesome to have a cold supercharger when you need it most, ie track, dyno, or at a red light.
well the supercharger wouldn't be running so it would be cool. you wouldn't be boosting it and making your IATs get super high and intercooler wont be working to cool it down as much, so i think it would be beneficial. i would likely use it mostly for highway/road trips (70-75+ = my s/c is engaged, gas mileage goes down). could also likely use it at a track, dyno, or red light.

Hooley knows more about it than I do. i'm just making educated guesses. he actually had it done to his s/c C55.

I've been meaning to get a oil catch can, but I've spent money else where. I'm sure my car would benefit drastically from it.
i would imagine so as well. getting all that extra oil/blow by crap in the intercooler and such would be great. clean it out and return it to optimal cooling abilities.

I'm doing the dual exhaust thing too, but I'm thinking of doing it the easy way. Running a muffler with dual outlet and bring one outlet to the other side. I wanted to go with true dual, but I don't have the money to do it the right way, spare tire tub, heat shielding, and misc parts.
its going to be expensive. this one is a maybe. but i will delete the secondaries....i just havent been able to find a shop that will do it.

from what i've read, going true dual wont really net you any hp gains (well likely not enough to offset the additional weight) but it would probably sound a little better. i'd consider doing the weltmeister (sp?)...looks good.
Can't wait to see what you have in the works for the intercooler. I wonder if having the ability to turn on and off the supercharger would help get the most out of the supercharger, if it stays cool while the engine is on.
as you will/have read in Hooley's post, that would be if his works. if he sees a benefit, i'm going to jump on board and see what happens. since i really can't do nitrous or anything at this point without upgraidng my fuel system (it's basically maxed out with my mods), then i'm going to work on improving the existing cooling.

Dang, sounds like Turk has some other summer issues he has to take care of
haha....don't wanna talk about it. she was hot too, but w/e. over it. nothing like re-breaking up with an ex (after getting back together for 3 weeks after a yr) and then having THAT happen the next night. it was BS. lol
Old 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Ive been busy.

4. NW Shurikan battery
I'm interested in how you end up doing it. The battery doesn't work with our factory tie downs so something has to be fabed. I ended up using a length of belt and the factory tie down and a hole that was under the original battery to hold it down. It looks slightly ghetto and was supposed to be temporary, but it has actually worked quite well. It's covered up by the cabin filter, so no one really sees it anyway. Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails What are your summer mods/repairs? vs 2010-dsc00266.jpg  

Last edited by 02C32guy; 06-03-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
wow, how much does that Shurikan battery weigh?!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TruTaing
wow, how much does that Shurikan battery weigh?!
info on battery:

http://needswings.com/Shuriken-Light...-bt20-kit.aspx
Old 06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
My projects:
bigger tb and zex nitrous 55-75 shot.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
My projects:
bigger tb and zex nitrous 55-75 shot.
with that, you'll more than likely have to upgrade the fuel system. any plans on how yet?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cls63 & C32
fuel pump booster.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:42 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Do you think the TVT design sl55 pump and high flow injectors would work? Anyone try it???

Originally Posted by Robert AMG
fuel pump booster.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cls63 & C32
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Do you think the TVT design sl55 pump and high flow injectors would work? Anyone try it???
No the sl pump is external, no need to get bigger injectors cause the e55 has the same injectors and they are making more then 500whp with them, our injectors are sufficient, and no need for injectors with nitrous, the kit has nozzle which inject fuel and nos in the intake, the 2 system are independent, you need to get a higher flow from the pump into the 2 system(engine fuel system and nos).
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
already had mine done...

new control arms, new tie-rods, oil change, and flushed the coolant.

ooh...and I thermo-tec my airbox on the bottom.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Hooley knows more about it than I do. i'm just making educated guesses. he actually had it done to his s/c C55.

Mike and Josh, whats the deal with this? I asked Jerry from EC about this years ago and he says "its in the works?" This was almost three years ago! Anyone like EC or NW make a kit? It would be great for the hot Chicago summers.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

Mike and Josh, whats the deal with this? I asked Jerry from EC about this years ago and he says "its in the works?" This was almost three years ago! Anyone like EC or NW make a kit? It would be great for the hot Chicago summers.
i responded to your email/message.

what is the deal with what? the button/switch or the intercooler?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:30 PM

2001 C32 AMG
I really want to get rid of the stock opaque headlights but don't want to spend a fortune.. not fussed on HID just want the clear look.

Apart from that my project at the moment is working out why I'm going through so much fuel as reading up here on the forums I'm way above average and not being a lead foot lately to see how I can get it down. The long drives at night with no traffic etc the fuel drops to around 12-14L/100KM sometimes but that is long freeway drives it should be quite less still. Normally hovering around 18L/100KM

I'm thinking about putting the stock grille back and ditching the new style one I bought.. after seeing some photos I think the flat badge and stock grille looks hot!

Also thinking about a jerry tune.. or some form of tune done locally to get that bit more power.. and maybe some new spark plugs.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
- Oil change
- Pay off the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are your summer mods/repairs? vs 2010