C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Cadillac takes aim at C32 AMG & M3 with 400HP CTS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Originally posted by FrankW
for me, they are about the same, except HOI:MB has newer and more fancy entrance then ShellyBMW next door where I got my 328Ci.
Shelly is where my friend got it 330ci. He crapped about how they never put in the floor mats nor wash the car fully when he picked it up.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:49 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by oggle
Shelly is where my friend got it 330ci. He crapped about how they never put in the floor mats nor wash the car fully when he picked it up.
they got a lot more cars go there for service now than before, and they are a very small BMW dealership compare to others in the So Cal area. It's probably cuz of that, there's only so little ppl to work on so many cars. I never had any problem at Shelly. The consultant lady was very helpful. No BS from her. Well, that was 2 yrs ago.

my sales dude is still there tho, got his own office now (moved up in rank).
Old 04-21-2003, 07:45 AM

once again, who's Francis?? IT's Frank, get it right if you want to insult.

Yea yea, you're the man! watever, go enjoy ur little C32, if you do in fact have one.

of course we will enjoy driving around in our cars. How can we not enjoy W208 CLK55, CLK320, C320, C240, C230 kompressor sedan, C240 sport, E46 328i, E46 330Ci, E46 M3, and the C32.

seems like the only one who can't enjoy driving around is yourself. The ***** that grows in Atlanta, GA with 31 posts.

losing on what?? Who is a better *****?? I guess you are right. You won that catagory.
Wow, Francis, you know all of the models! Aren't those brochures packed with information?:p

Yes, I do have an '03 C32 and absolutely love it. I'm like a little Frankie in it every time I get behind the wheel. (that was a complement ) This car never ceases to amaze me. Far more than any BMW ever did, in my opinion. Just a matter of what you expect out of a vehicle, I suppose. I'm a patriot in every sense of the word, but I'm also a sucker for German engineering!

You're a little batty (hence your logo), but I like you, Francis. Do your homework on the derivative of your name. You'll indeed see that it's Francis, and it's not meant as an insult.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:31 PM

2011 C63, 2004 S500, 2013 E350, 2013 Ody Elite
Resale...

C32 has better resale value than M3 for sure in Los Angeles. I see a lot more 2000-2003 M3, coupe or Conv, selling at $42-$50 and only see one 2002 C32 selling at $48K. I know when you drive the car out of door, M3 costs more than C32.
Just go check on recycler websit and you see the difference.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:54 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Marko
Wow, Francis, you know all of the models! Aren't those brochures packed with information?:p

Yes, I do have an '03 C32 and absolutely love it. I'm like a little Frankie in it every time I get behind the wheel. (that was a complement ) This car never ceases to amaze me. Far more than any BMW ever did, in my opinion. Just a matter of what you expect out of a vehicle, I suppose. I'm a patriot in every sense of the word, but I'm also a sucker for German engineering!

You're a little batty (hence your logo), but I like you, Francis. Do your homework on the derivative of your name. You'll indeed see that it's Francis, and it's not meant as an insult.
those are the cars that we have among my friends.

glad you enjoy ur c32 like I do, but still, there's no point on bashing other brand of cars. It would just make you look bad, and make us fellow C32 owner, me and jerry and other MB folks, look bad. Got nothing against you, I just don't like ppl who bash other brands. Each brand has their highs and lows, well, maybe other than KIA, which IS the ultimate of weaksauce brand.

I don't care for the name Francis. I was born with Frank, but you can call me Frankie all you want, just don't call me Francis.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:58 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Re: Resale...

Originally posted by DL_AMG
C32 has better resale value than M3 for sure in Los Angeles. I see a lot more 2000-2003 M3, coupe or Conv, selling at $42-$50 and only see one 2002 C32 selling at $48K. I know when you drive the car out of door, M3 costs more than C32.
Just go check on recycler websit and you see the difference.
the two used 02 C32 were selling at $45-6k, which the dealer got them for around $41-2k. I have only seen one used E46 M3 so far and that car had comparable options to the C32, and it was selling for $46k. either way, these type of cars are gone pretty fast even when it's used.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
It southern california though, I they the cars are so readily available, you can afford to be a little bit more selective. Not the case in some parts of the midwest.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:02 PM

those are the cars that we have among my friends.

glad you enjoy ur c32 like I do, but still, there's no point on bashing other brand of cars. It would just make you look bad, and make us fellow C32 owner, me and jerry and other MB folks, look bad. Got nothing against you, I just don't like ppl who bash other brands. Each brand has their highs and lows, well, maybe other than KIA, which IS the ultimate of weaksauce brand.

I don't care for the name Francis. I was born with Frank, but you can call me Frankie all you want, just don't call me Francis.
Frank, you have yourself a deal. Ever see the movie "Stripes"? There's a scene in there that you would appreciate with a guy that absolutely HATED to be called Francis.

I understand about the bashing comment. Sometimes I'm a little too passionate about my views, I suppose. It's all meant in good fun.

I will say this though, I thought the M3 sedan was one sweet ride that I never could figure out why BMW discontinued it! Lack of interest?
Old 04-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
I have mixed feeling about that car, will it be then based on a rear wheel drive? Isn't it FWD right now?
Old 04-22-2003, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally posted by pocholin
I have mixed feeling about that car, will it be then based on a rear wheel drive? Isn't it FWD right now?
The CTS was always rwd.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:10 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Marko

I will say this though, I thought the M3 sedan was one sweet ride that I never could figure out why BMW discontinued it! Lack of interest?
the E36 M3 had the sedan version in 98 because that why they can attract more buyers that are solely looking for the sedan.

the E46 M3 does not come with the sedan because BMW wants it to be the main sports car in their line up. Although having a sedan counter part will boost the sales, it will diminish the image BMW has put on the M3 coupe. There is also a niche market thingy going on. With the C32 AMG being a sedan, having the M3 only as a coupe will seperate it from the MB more, and leave the C32 AMG to compete with the new S4 and other performance compact sedan like the CTS and IS430 (if it will come).
Old 04-22-2003, 08:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by JustinTRW
The CTS was always rwd.
Well, then that makes it more tempting, that LS1 engine is very easy and cheap to mod and can become a monster!
Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 AM

Mercedes-Benz C240 and Corvette C5 convertible
Nurenburgring?

Correct me if I am wrong folks, but I heard the CTS-V series went faster around the Nurenburgring than a BMW M3 by a few seconds! I don't have the source with me where I read this from, but I would assume that this is true and credible information since I read this from a certain car magazine.

Performance is one thing, looks is another for the CTS. Quality and engineering are all relative to a stand point, but the cost to the wallet is the factual truth!
Old 05-19-2003, 12:59 PM

C32AMG
Keep it real...

the biggest factor in lap times is the skill of whoever's driving.Lap times,especially at a track like the Nurburgring,are really tough to compare unless you do your comparison with the same pilot under
the same conditions.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:08 PM

Mercedes-Benz C240 and Corvette C5 convertible
Factors?

Let's just say that the Nurenburgring track itself is the absolute constant as well as the idea that both BMW and Cadillac put their best driver in each of their respective cars. Both manufacturers have the time and money to invest on such track as the Nurenburgring, that it should be understood that the margin of differences probably are very small between conditions and the drivers.

I do note however that Cadillac has the greater horse power and torque over BMW though...
Old 05-19-2003, 03:39 PM

C32AMG
An "absolute constant"

will not be wet the next time you come back to the same corner.Mountain weather is upredictable year round.
And try to remember that it takes a long time to learn a track such as the little one near the town of Nurburg.A decent /fast but inexperienced (at the Ring) driver in a faster car will see the local talent quickly disappear in a slower one.
PS- it's "Nurburgring",not "Nurenburgring"...The locals get very pissed when you make this boo-boo.