C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New guy from myMBonline

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
16' GLE63S AMG
Thumbs up New guy from myMBonline

Hey guys, my names Travis and I own a 2006 C55 AMG. I joined this forum to find out some more info and things on my car, myMBonline doesn't seem to have a whole lotta C55 owners compared to this forum. I think this is going to be my new home for my AMG needs while I still have my car. I'm tryin to sell it so I'll post an ad in a few days after I've been given permission. Anyway, my real reason for joining is to ask a question that could not be answered on the other forum. I have the upgraded key for my car and as you all know our keys are our alarms too. I use to be able to push the lock button from inside the house to lock and set the alarm on the car. Well for some odd reason now I can't set the alarm anymore?? I have to actually stand in front of the drivers door to get the car locked. Before I can stand anywhere and press the button setting the alarm, locking the doors, making the lights flick on and off and cause the alarm to chirp. Now all it does is lock the door ONLY if I'm in front of the drivers door pointing the key at the door. Lights and everything still blink but no chirp from the alarm. I've changed the batteries in the key and it still does it. What's going on? I wanted to know if anyone here has experienced this and how to fix. Would removing the battery terminals on the car reset the ecu and allow everything to go back to normal? What should I do?
Thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Welcome to the site. I can't speak to your alarm issue other than that my C32 only locks the door and I get no 'chirp' to indicate alarm is set. I do beleive I've heard of people getting some type of update/flash that enabled this for them though...that said, can't speak specifically to the C55. I'd say try resetting ECU via battery, just be aware of some things to know about when doing so (such as some warmings you get once back on, resetting sunroof, etc)
Old 09-07-2010, 03:54 PM

16' GLE63S AMG
Thanks for the welcome, I can't figure out what's wrong. One minute it works fine then one day it just stops and makes me have to walk to the drivers door. I mean is my alarm even setting with out the chirp? If I do reset the ecu how do I reset all the other things back?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
MBW vs others STFF

Welcome
Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
welcome to mbworld.org travis, i just met up with a bunch of people from your old forum a couple weeks ago out here in cali. my name is michael btw. you mentioned something about disconnecting the battery, yes, that can reset the computer if it stays un-attached for a certain period of time. we have an 02' c240 and then i have my 06' c55. (the c240 belongs to my sister) on hers, she'll press lock and the lights will flash, but no three beeps so i was reluctant enough to have my car beep. i'm sure it's something very simple and i would refer you to the dealership, but worse case scenario they'll charge you literally an arm and a leg for a diagnostic fee. if you were in cali, i would have you take it by my shop and we'd check it out, but that's not the case.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 PM

16' GLE63S AMG
Well I wish I was in Cali then cause my dealership here charges like a $150 for an hour labor + the diagnostic fee I've never had a problem like this with the car, it use to always chirp when I pushed the lock or unlock button from anywhere even 10 cars away. But for some odd reason one night I push the button in the hous to lock it and it wasn't working. I had to literally walk outside and press the button pointing right at the drivers door. So I thought maybe the batteries in the key were going to I changed them and still nothing. What's going on?? Someone on my other forum said something about the car having a back up battery just for the alarm but didn't know where to find it. Is this true?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
i'm gonna ask my tech this weekend if that's true, but i had the same issue as you with my old remote (i recently got the newest key for free) but the car still chirped. i just had to be really close. i'm just glad i'm friends with my service advisor on facebook.lol any questions, i just pm him and it's done.

Trending Topics

Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 AM

16' GLE63S AMG
I've actually got the new key, the one with the chrome on the sides and the stock original key. Both do the same thing. I can only lock and unlock the car while facing the drivers door and that's it. No chirp or nothin. I hope it's nothing major.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
yea hopefully. and it sucks too because when it happened to me, i would be at school or something and i once tried unlocking the door manuually with the removable key and the alarm started going off. it was pretty embarassing. a good thirty seconds of humiliation.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverDameon55
Hey guys, my names Travis and I own a 2006 C55 AMG. I joined this forum to find out some more info and things on my car, myMBonline doesn't seem to have a whole lotta C55 owners compared to this forum. I think this is going to be my new home for my AMG needs while I still have my car. I'm tryin to sell it so I'll post an ad in a few days after I've been given permission. Anyway, my real reason for joining is to ask a question that could not be answered on the other forum. I have the upgraded key for my car and as you all know our keys are our alarms too. I use to be able to push the lock button from inside the house to lock and set the alarm on the car. Well for some odd reason now I can't set the alarm anymore?? I have to actually stand in front of the drivers door to get the car locked. Before I can stand anywhere and press the button setting the alarm, locking the doors, making the lights flick on and off and cause the alarm to chirp. Now all it does is lock the door ONLY if I'm in front of the drivers door pointing the key at the door. Lights and everything still blink but no chirp from the alarm. I've changed the batteries in the key and it still does it. What's going on? I wanted to know if anyone here has experienced this and how to fix. Would removing the battery terminals on the car reset the ecu and allow everything to go back to normal? What should I do?
Thanks guys.
so you want it to beep again when you lock it?

i think that beep is related to the Netherlands mode. i'd look it up for you, but i just got home from school and am half sleeping/awake with tons of studying left to do. just do a search for it. if what you want is this "beep" then i think looking that up will put you in the right direction

welcome to the forum, btw
Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by jturkel
so you want it to beep again when you lock it?

i think that beep is related to the Netherlands mode. i'd look it up for you, but i just got home from school and am half sleeping/awake with tons of studying left to do. just do a search for it. if what you want is this "beep" then i think looking that up will put you in the right direction

welcome to the forum, btw

lol this guy is right, google the $#%& out of it travis, see what comes up. heck, maybe the other w203 forums may have a thread about it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:34 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
he is saying that the alarm had previously "beep" three times as should all the 2006-up does which now it doesn't do it anymore.

I commented on mymb that there should be a separate battery for the alarm which i have read here somewhere, but forgot where and suggest him to come here and search for it.

btw, I just realize that if you got a new key from the dealership and they had the car while in service/while you were getting the key maybe they have accidently turned off the "beep" setting. if your light still flashes it means that your alarm is still working. you can test it out by leaving the window down and lock the door and then manually pull the door handle from inside to see if the alarm goes off.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 '02
You have a blown fuse, check the back fuse compartment, left side. Should be fuse no. 8 (7.5AMP)

This happen to me once, the alarm was faulty, blowing the fuse, which also kills the wireless lock/unlock. i had to use the infra-red to lock/unlock the door.
When i was troubleshooting, I first replaced the fuse, it blew immediately, so I knew the alarm also needed to be changed. ( under the car, it has a built-in battery ) To test it, i just disconnected the alarm on the bottom and the fuse did not blow anymore...and i got my wireless lock/unlock back.

GL~
Attached Thumbnails New guy from myMBonline-screen-shot-2010-09-08-5.33.48-pm.jpg   New guy from myMBonline-screen-shot-2010-09-08-5.34.09-pm.jpg  

Last edited by ML500K; 09-08-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 AM

16' GLE63S AMG
PERFECT!! Now where is the alarm battery under the car located?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55 AMG White/Ash
This is odd, my C55 is an 06 and the lights flash when the doors lock, but there is no chirp. According to the post with the fuses, the inclination alarm is controlled by the same number 8 fuse. I know mine works because I jacked the car up one day while it was locked and the alarm went off.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
Welcome to the site. Mine is an 05 and the alarm sets but it does not chirp when activated.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 PM

16' GLE63S AMG
See mines doing the same thing but it use to chirp all the time. F1Bobby can you lock and unlock your car from any where (I mean like a few cars away) see I used to be able to lock my car From like 5-6 car lengths away and it would blink, lock and chirp everytime. Now all of a sudden it doesn't.