Temporary Racing harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverArrow
Thanks!
I will get one of those.... and where did you get your deadpedal?
by the way are you still going out on the BMW Trillium Driving schools? I am just starting but seem to be the only Benz out there. I am also member of MBCA and looking for others to join and enjoy.
Nice to see other benz owners at trillium. I haven't been in a couple years, will probably join up again next year. Randy still at the events?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverArrow
I noticed your post from a couple years ago. I am looking for a similar setup for with a temporary harness. Are the child seat anchors strong enough? were you using the loop behind the headrest or the isofix at the bottom of the seat? Just wondered if you could give advice based on your experience?

Sorry for the late reply.

I have a 3 point running through the headrest and loop the rear on my rear chassis brace with the rear seat down. Although using the child seat anchor does work, I was concerned about the strength of it if I were ever involved in an accident. As for the quick detach, I use a BMW seat belt holster and attached the belt clip from one I cut off of a BMW seat belt on the harness side. Works well.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 AM

AMG C55; SL500 Silver Arrow; E550; ML500; Audi S4 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
Nice to see other benz owners at trillium. I haven't been in a couple years, will probably join up again next year. Randy still at the events?
Randy is still there and active as ever. He also helped was involved in our combined Legends of the Autobahn event where it was Trillium, MBCA and Upper Canada Porsche club. Hope to see you out there. I know he is involved in Bimmerfest and other events as well. I posted a Christmas invitation on the Canada section of this forum - maybe you can join.

Hope to see you around.