C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Good mechanic in Colorado??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 2012 S550
Good mechanic in Colorado??

Anyone know of a good shop/mechanic in Colorado??
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 AM

2003 c240
Originally Posted by reflex92
Anyone know of a good shop/mechanic in Colorado??
Wow someone else from colorado... Good indy would be StarTech, on alameda and santa fe. They specialize in mercedes.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 AM

C32
Depends on what you want to have done I guess. There is a place an indy place in downtown Denver that I have used as well of Brighton Blvd. What are you looking to have done?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 AM

02 C32 AMG, 2012 S550
Actually nothing at the moment, but recently I've had some stuff done to it, like replace radiator, control arms...etc. etc.

I was using a place called autoworks in Littleton, guy by the name of Mark owns the shop. They seem good enough, used them a couple of times but the guy Mark I shop don't get a good vibe from. This last time I was replacing my MAF which he said was a 100 something dollar part, when I go to pick the car up the bill was almost $800. I was like WTF!!!! He says "Oh ya we also found a leak and replaced one of the radiator hoses".....I'm like ok but it would have been nice for you to call me first before you order these parts and just surprise me on pick up. So I decided not to use him anymore.

Hence why I'm looking for any ideas on a good mechanic.....I've heard of the Star Tech place on Sante Fe but they seemed pricey like a Mercedes dealership???
Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 AM

C32
I know that place. I’ve been in that shop once to price something out but ended up using a different shop for no particular reason. The previous owner had the springs installed there and luckily I haven’t had any problems. Given your experience I may stay clear if they’re performing unapproved work and springing $800 bills. I think I might have blown a gasket with that little maneuver.

As I am now out of warranty I recommend Perfection Motors Inc. http://www.perfectionmotors.com/ for an indy shop. The two guys that run it, Gary Uhlenbrock and George Grubaug are 25 year Star Master Technicians that opened their own place some years ago. Their shop was located around Highlands Ranch but recently relocated. Admittedly, one would not expect to find a MB service shop at their new location. I would describe their pricing as competitive with other shops. In the times I have used them I felt well taken care of and their communication with me was excellent. I was referred to Perfection by a family friend who owned a Porsche service shop.

Most of the AMG group around here, the ones that are still in warranty anyway, swear by Mercedes of Westminster and bypass all the other dealerships to get there.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 PM

2003 c240
Originally Posted by reflex92

Hence why I'm looking for any ideas on a good mechanic.....I've heard of the Star Tech place on Sante Fe but they seemed pricey like a Mercedes dealership???
There prices always seemed pretty fair to me. I would always call murray motors and get price quotes on parts then call star tech, and star tech would almost always be close to 60-70 percent of the price. I will admit I have not had them do much labor work, so I am unsure on that perspective. The only thing I had them do was a brake fluid flush which costed 90, and an alignment at 120. I would also say that 80 percent of the time i go in there, he gives me 10-15 percent extra discount.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM

02 C32 AMG, 2012 S550
Well ***** ya, if I was under warranty still I would use Mercedes of Westminster too, in fact I always use them (only because I live 10 minutes away) to diagnose my car. I figure they want all the money they can get so they will let me know every little thing wrong with it. Which is what I did when they found out a had a cracked motor mount (right after I bought the car) and along with replacing that and a new radiator with flush, they wanted over 5,000!!!!!

That’s when I started pricing other places and autoworks did it for a little over 2,000.....

But after that latest maneuver from Mark at autoworks (that royally pissed me off) I've decided to look else where.

Thanks for all the great recommendations.....Does Colorado have an AMG club or anything. Maybe some meets.....??
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM

C32
There is a group that meets fairly often. There is a large meet monthly at the Great Indoors located at 470 & 25, a small weekly meet at the 24 hour Starbucks off of Colorado Blvd near Cherry Creek, the occasional meet at The Vault downtown, detail days, car shows and the impromptu lunch or after work refreshments. The meets are announced in the 211 section as there are only three C32s in the Denver Metro area. Subscribe to [PICS]: Recent Denver meets | Scuderia | Vanquish | M5 | 997.2 GT3 | two nice BENZes and we’ll snap you in. Look forward to seeing you at the next meet.
Pictures of the latest get together is found here [PICS]: Some big-*** sedans in Denver | RS4 | M5 | E55 | CLS55
Old 02-12-2011, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2K5 C230K SS 6MT -BLK/BLK
There's a place directly across the street from MB Littleton on Broadway called Sterling Auto, it's owned by a guy name John. All our cars have gone there for the past 20 years. Just to give you an idea of the savings... I just recently did a Service B on my C230, MB wanted $540... John charged me $325. Same story with normal Service A's, brakes, etc. I always call MB just before taking the car over to Sterling just to see how much I'm saving. lol

*** Edit ***
The Porsche in my sig had it's engine rebuilt and beefed up by Sterling, as well as all other services over the past 20 years...

Last edited by Twenty4Play; 02-12-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 GL320 Bluetec
Minor addition to this thread. I recently acquired an x164, and I was looking for a mechanic that would be open to me bringing my own parts. I live in central Denver.

Addison Automotive on Holly / Evans - No
MB Clinic on. Holly - No
Star Tech on Sante Fe (Sandor) - Yes
Sterling Service (Luke) Broadway/Littleton - Yes

I'm going to take my car in next week to Sterling to have the power steering pump / reservoir replaced. He's charging me $450. He quoted 2.7 hours @ $170. We'll see how it goes.

If anyone has any other recommendations, especially someone who can do the A/C stuff like replace a compressor / condenser, please add to the thread.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:30 PM

GLK350
Any good mechanics in Colorado Springs? Thanks in advance.