C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com

New Sponsor Group buy for Sprint Booster, we need 15 people. I'm not affiliated with them. Details in the sponsor section.

https://mbworld.org/forums/group-pur...group-buy.html
Old 02-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Thanks for the introduction!

Hi folks - we're proud new sponsors here. We are authorized resellers of the Sprint Booster products, and as mentioned above, we've set up a group buy exclusively for MBWorld. Please follow This Link to learn more. Pricing is confidential, please PM or email sales@throttleboost.com for details. We'll answer as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much!

Ken
Old 02-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Update - you may now order the products on our website, www.throttleboost.com.

Simply select the appropriate Sprint Booster for your car and use the coupon code
MBgroupbuy at checkout.

The products will begin shipping early next week. For international or special shipping requests, please email (not PM) sales@throttleboost.com.

Reminder - for pricing, please PM US, do not request a PM in any of the discussion threads - we don't want to miss it. If you write to us, we'll get back to you quickly.

Thanks so much!

Ken
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Just one week left! Ordering is now open, and units are shipping immediately.

Enter coupon code MBgroupbuy at checkout to get the discount. Code expires on 2/23/11.

Thanks for your support!

Ken
Old 02-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Just a reminder - the group buy and coupon code MBgroupbuy expires on Monday night, 2/23/11.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
This work and help on a c55?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
This work and help on a c55?
Yes and yes.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Save you money and get a tune. ECU tune a maybe few hundred bucks more at best and you will fix the delay and get more power. This is junk I'm my .2 cents. I tried it and I ended up returning it.

worthless!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
This is junk I'm my .2 cents.

worthless!!!
Hi -

I'm sorry you were disappointed. What part of the product would you describe as "junk" and "worthless"? Did it not function as advertised? Was the unit itself poorly constructed? Was it difficult to install? Did you use the current unit with the selectable boost? If so, was there not a setting appropriate for your driving style?

From all other accounts, the Sprint Booster shows amazing results for MB owners. I would have to think that those here who are interested in the product - or already using it - would like to know what exactly they should be concerned with.

Thanks so much for the input,

Ken
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Wow how fast they respond ! But when I emailed you guys you tool your sweet time to reply ( I will posted them )
Guys don't buy this I have been a member of this board and my reputation speaks for it's self. Get an ECU TUNE!

Save your money
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Just ordered one for my C55. Can't wait to install it and give it a try. Thanks Ken for taking the time with my PM's.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by mgiannetto
Just ordered one for my C55. Can't wait to install it and give it a try. Thanks Ken for taking the time with my PM's.
My pleasure! Thanks for the support.

Ken
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Beware you won't get a refund or exchange. And they treat you like crap after the sale. Looking at the posts you have you are new here. Beware!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Hey folks -

Thanks to everyone here for the outpouring of support and email feedback on the products. We really appreciate it, and we're thrilled you love the product as much as we do.

The group buy code will expire tonight, so if you're hoping to get in on this pricing, do it today!

If you have any questions or concerns that you'd like us to address, please do not hesitate to contact us by PM or email - sales@throttleboost.com.

Thanks again,

Ken
Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
what are the gains of this? never really understood this.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
The sole purpose of the product is to eliminate throttle lag - the delay between gas pedal movement and actual acceleration - caused by the electronic 'Drive By Wire' control system in all modern cars. It simply alters the signal between the gas pedal and ECU to boost the car's reaction time.

There are no numerical 'gains' per se - it does not affect engine management, fuel mapping, or any other drive train performance. There is no increase in HP or torque, and the device is not a chip or software. It is a physical item that connects to the harness behind the gas pedal. All operation takes place inside the unit, so it is 100% reversible simply by unplugging it. No software to flash or chip to install.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
And once you see this is as good as the turbonator you will ask for you money back and they will tell you to go fly a kite cause there is a tiny scuff in the part or it was a group buy. You'll have to get your lawyer involed so they will give you part of your money back. I'm my opinion this is junk and throttle boost com is giving this product a worst name by selling it. Save your cash. Oh and also it has never broken any cars and they have never sold a bad unit too. Someone should call guiness.

My car left the shop with a check engine light and a tranny adaptation issue do to this piece of junk. My car was fine right until I wasted my time buying this.
Save your cash and get a tune!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM

W203, W204
Couldn't disagree more with the previous comment.

My sprint booster works great and I received excellent service. Thanks for the group buy Ken.

My only complaint is my wife keeps telling me to slow down
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Trust me with the money you spent add few bucks more ( trust me it's not that pricey ) and you can get a tune that will clean up the lag and make power. But you are entitled to you opinion.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by rock777
Couldn't disagree more with the previous comment.

My sprint booster works great and I received excellent service. Thanks for the group buy Ken.

My only complaint is my wife keeps telling me to slow down
I installed mine today and just got back from taking the C55 for a ride. I agree 100% with comment above - it gets the car to the way it should have been when it left the factory. Very impressed and happy with the sprint booster .

It truly does not feel like just slamming the accelerator down - as some (who haven't tried it) have suggested. The car responds to the throttle "much more" quickly in a way that cannot be replicated by just flooring the accelerator. I went back and forth between the three modes numerous times and I truly believe this. They say it eliminates the lag and I would have to agree with that. The car "feels" faster and that is what matters to me.

Thanks to Throttleboost for putting together the group buy. The product arrived within 3 business days of order and works as advertised. Best couple hundred bucks I've ever spent on the C55.

If anyone is on the fence, I would say "go for it". Its hard to imagine anyone who "drives their car" not thinking this is money well spent.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:17 PM

C55 AMG
Curious fellow C55 driver

I installed mine today and just got back from taking the C55 for a ride. I agree 100% with comment above - it gets the car to the way it should have been when it left the factory. Very impressed and happy with the sprint booster .

It truly does not feel like just slamming the accelerator down - as some (who haven't tried it) have suggested. The car responds to the throttle "much more" quickly in a way that cannot be replicated by just flooring the accelerator. I went back and forth between the three modes numerous times and I truly believe this. They say it eliminates the lag and I would have to agree with that. The car "feels" faster and that is what matters to me.

Thanks to Throttleboost for putting together the group buy. The product arrived within 3 business days of order and works as advertised. Best couple hundred bucks I've ever spent on the C55.

If anyone is on the fence, I would say "go for it". Its hard to imagine anyone who "drives their car" not thinking this is money well spent.
Mgiannetto,

I also bought one of these, and I will admit that you can definitely tell a difference. I was curious though, I've only used my in the "red" aggressive mode (and since I removed the selector off of it after I installed it, I haven't went back into it to try out the "green" smooth mode). What was your impression between the green and red modes? Which mode do you drive it in most often?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BHeart
Mgiannetto,

I also bought one of these, and I will admit that you can definitely tell a difference. I was curious though, I've only used my in the "red" aggressive mode (and since I removed the selector off of it after I installed it, I haven't went back into it to try out the "green" smooth mode). What was your impression between the green and red modes? Which mode do you drive it in most often?
I left my mode selector attached, initially because I wanted to try out each mode for a while before settling down on one. After having used it for a few days I plan to leave the mode selector installed. I pushed (hid) the extra cable up behind the drivers side center console and have the mode selector switch mounted (pinned down by pressure) along the center console. I will attach a few pictures below.

Now to your question. I have used both modes and I can realistically seeing switching between the two from time to time, depending on the circumstances. There is a difference between the green and red. It's not to the extent of the difference between green and clear (no boost). That is night and day. Going from Green to Red does provide even quicker pedal response. I would definitely not say it is too aggressive for the street - not even close. It is more responsive though. I will keep switching between and see if one clearly stands out as a primary for me. Would be happy to let you know how that goes.

I would recommend you install the mode selector and tuck it under the lip of the center console as I have done (no tape involved, just pinned under the lip of the side console).

I do love this thing. I only wish I had installed it earlier. I fell pray to the naysayers, and as a result, I put off buying it for a long time. It was only recently that I decided to give it a shot after reading all the positive posts. I just love the linear feel of the throttle now. No more Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com-001.jpg   SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com-002.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM

C55 AMG
I left my mode selector attached, initially because I wanted to try out each mode for a while before settling down on one. After having used it for a few days I plan to leave the mode selector installed. I pushed (hid) the extra cable up behind the drivers side center console and have the mode selector switch mounted (pinned down by pressure) along the center console. I will attach a few pictures below.

Now to your question. I have used both modes and I can realistically seeing switching between the two from time to time, depending on the circumstances. There is a difference between the green and red. It's not to the extent of the difference between green and clear (no boost). That is night and day. Going from Green to Red does provide even quicker pedal response. I would definitely not say it is too aggressive for the street - not even close. It is more responsive though. I will keep switching between and see if one clearly stands out as a primary for me. Would be happy to let you know how that goes.

I would recommend you install the mode selector and tuck it under the lip of the center console as I have done (no tape involved, just pinned under the lip of the side console).

I do love this thing. I only wish I had installed it earlier. I fell pray to the naysayers, and as a result, I put off buying it for a long time. It was only recently that I decided to give it a shot after reading all the positive posts. I just love the linear feel of the throttle now. No more Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Pretty nifty install, I had thought about leaving the selector attached, but liked the idea of having no outward signs that I had the booster on it. As far as the differences, I am really familiar with the red mode (which is where my booster is permanently set at the moment). I never even tried out the green mode. But one thing that I have noticed is that in the red mode, if you do find yourself in a situation where you "floor it", I have experienced the car standing completely still for a hot second before the "hounds of hell" come racing out. I spoke to Ken and his team, and tried out a quick fix. By shutting off the ESP that "dead second" does not happen. Instead, the beautiful reaction of "tires breaking" replaces that "dead second". I tried it out on a back road, and I was greatly impressed, as well as, pinned to my seat

But any info you can pass on how the "green" mode reacts would be interesting. I've debated testing it out myself, but really didn't feel like going back up in there to mess with it.

Last edited by BHeart; 02-28-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by BHeart
Pretty nifty install, I had thought about leaving the selector attached, but liked the idea of having no outward signs that I had the booster on it. As far as the differences, I am really familiar with the red mode (which is where my booster is permanently set at the moment). I never even tried out the green mode. But one thing that I have noticed is that in the red mode, if you do find yourself in a situation where you "floor it", I have experienced the car standing completely still for a hot second before the "hounds of hell" come racing out. I spoke to Ken and his team, and tried out a quick fix. By shutting off the ESP that "dead second" does not happen. Instead, the beautiful reaction of "tires breaking" replaces that "dead second". I tried it out on a back road, and I was greatly impressed, as well as, pinned to my seat

But any info you can pass on how the "green" mode reacts would be interesting. I've debated testing it out myself, but really didn't feel like going back up in there to mess with it.
Thanks. I really did not want to use the two sided tape or mount it in a spot, with the wire dangling down, where it looked out of place. Where I have it tucked, the only person who can see it is me. So if I want to go to red mode with my wife in the car, I fly under her radar screen so to speak .

Let me color a bit more your green vs. red mode question. This is really subjective right. Someone else might have a different perspective and we would both be right. It's all about how it feels to each person. So take my comments with that in mind.

I would characterize it this way. If the Red mode gets you 100% boost, the Green mode gets you 75% of the way there. It does not feel like 50% to me - as that might imply that the difference between clear (stock) mode and green is the same as the difference between Green and Red. That is not my perception at all. The biggest delta is going from clear (stock) to Green. Going from Green to Red gets you a bit more, but it's not night and day and it's not the same as going from clear to Green. So hopefully that adds a bit more to help you get your mind around this.

I have not experienced the momentary lag (hot second as you describe it) when flooring the accelerator. However, I'd like to be sure I understand the circumstance you are describing. Are you talking about flooring the accelerator from a dead stop of flooring the accelerator while the car is in motion. I'm not sure I've done the former, but have definitely done the latter. There is also flooring the accelerator (burying the pedal in one immediate movement) and doing it in a somewhat less aggressive way. So which are you talking about there?

It does feel to me like the car wants to break the tires loose more easily with the booster engaged (be it Green or Red) and that would most certainly have the on board nanny (traction control system) put a stop to things. So I have played around a bit with driving with the TCS off (yellow triangle on the dash). I still have a lot more playing around with the Sprint Booster to do. I could not be happier with the decision to purchase it based upon my experience to date. It's all I thought it would be and more.

In terms of your comment about not wanting to "get back up in there" to reinstall the mode selector - I hear you. Getting the pedal out was a bit of a PITA and getting it all the way back up where it needs to be so the pedal can lock into the stud in the floor was not easier (it was harder in fact). You might find it a little easier if you drop (or move out of the way as best you can) the lower underside cover. Takes all of 1 minute (3 Torx screws) to do.

My advice would be to reinstall the mode selector (something like I have done - neatly tucked away) and play with the modes for a while. I think you will find - as I have now - that being able to switch between Green and Red is a desirable thing.

Feel free to shoot back another note or PM me if you have more questions.

Mike

Last edited by mgiannetto; 03-01-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Thanks. I really did not want to use the two sided tape or mount it in a spot, with the wire dangling down, where it looked out of place. Where I have it tucked, the only person who can see it is me. So if I want to go to red mode with my wife in the car, I fly under her radar screen so to speak .

Let me color a bit more your green vs. red mode question. This is really subjective right. Someone else might have a different perspective and we would both be right. It's all about how it feels to each person. So take my comments with that in mind.

I would characterize it this way. If the Red mode gets you 100% boost, the Green mode gets you 75% of the way there. It does not feel like 50% to me - as that might imply that the difference between clear (stock) mode and green is the same as the difference between Green and Red. That is not my perception at all. The biggest delta is going from clear (stock) to Green. Going from Green to Red gets you a bit more, but it's not night and day and it's not the same as going from clear to Green. So hopefully that adds a bit more to help you get your mind around this.

I have not experienced the momentary lag (hot second as you describe it) when flooring the accelerator. However, I'd like to be sure I understand the circumstance you are describing. Are you talking about flooring the accelerator from a dead stop of flooring the accelerator while the car is in motion. I'm not sure I've done the former, but have definitely done the latter. There is also flooring the accelerator (burying the pedal in one immediate movement) and doing it in a somewhat less aggressive way. So which are you talking about there?

It does feel to me like the car wants to break the tires loose more easily with the booster engaged (be it Green or Red) and that would most certainly have the on board nanny (traction control system) put a stop to things. So I have played around a bit with driving with the TCS off (yellow triangle on the dash). I still have a lot more playing around with the Sprint Booster to do. I could not be happier with the decision to purchase it based upon my experience to date. It's all I thought it would be and more.

In terms of your comment about not wanting to "get back up in there" to reinstall the mode selector - I hear you. Getting the pedal out was a bit of a PITA and getting it all the way back up where it needs to be so the pedal can lock into the stud in the floor was not easier (it was harder in fact). You might find it a little easier if you drop (or move out of the way as best you can) the lower underside cover. Takes all of 1 minute (3 Torx screws) to do.

My advice would be to reinstall the mode selector (something like I have done - nearly tucked away) and play with the modes for a while. I think you will find - as I have now - that being able to switch between Green and Red is a desirable thing.

Feel free to shoot back another note or PM me if you have more questions.

Mike
Mike, I too have the SB (old style) on the C32. Just so we're clear...............IT does NOT at all make the car any faster/quicker. Period. All it does is "better" the throttle response to your foot input. Saying that it makes it feel as if they car wants to break the rear tires loose is ONLY because the throttle is quicker to react to input, which is tantamount to flooring the car and breaking the tires loose. IT does not make it any quicker/faster!!! In fact, many drag guys DON'T like it because they want MORE control over their "foot input". Again, I've used it for nearly 4 years and yes, I do LIKE it. BUT it did not make my C32 any quicker than it was before installation. FWIW, it also makes the initial input on the old SB very touchy from the initial pedal travel.

I do wish they'd offer a trade-up form the old SB to the new because I would do that??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SprintBooster Group Buy, Sponsored by ThrottleBooster.com