michelin supersports

any feedback?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by mlg
any feedback?
Ya every review said they're freaking amazing and I'm picking them up as soon as I find my size
Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM
mlg

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
06 C350 sport 6MT
bbbb
Old 06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
I think I'll be giving them a try next.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
My friend used it for the one lap of america and he loved it and won the event.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 AM

SRT-6
I have them and can say that they are just amazing
Old 06-14-2011, 10:59 AM

2006 C55
I've had them on for about a week, and they so far have met or exceeded expectations.

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by PadresFan
I've had them on for about a week, and they so far have met or exceeded expectations.
did you have the ps2's before? please share what you did to test them. mashed on the gas? u-turn at 125 etc.?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
did you have the ps2's before? please share what you did to test them. mashed on the gas? u-turn at 125 etc.?

That's called a hair-pin turn and few tracks have em at 125

On the street its called Go Straight to Jail

If you're looking for a mash on the gas radial, get a Hoosier or a Nitto.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/u][/i][/b]

That's called a hair-pin turn and few tracks have em at 125

On the street its called Go Straight to Jail

If you're looking for a mash on the gas radial, get a Hoosier or a Nitto.
well i mean the ps2's do a great job of keeping traction, they're just an all around great tire. i wouldn't need to go with drag radials. it'd be nice to have someone compare the ps2's to the SS's.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
well i mean the ps2's do a great job of keeping traction, they're just an all around great tire. i wouldn't need to go with drag radials. it'd be nice to have someone compare the ps2's to the SS's.
I haven't ridden the SS, BUT the PS2s are good tires. Good defined as being great in summer, sucky in winter, they stop good, are great in the wet and are a decent drag radial if you need as well. I went to tirerack.com and I do NOT believe at this time that the SS are even available for our cars?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
I haven't ridden the SS, BUT the PS2s are good tires. Good defined as being great in summer, sucky in winter, they stop good, are great in the wet and are a decent drag radial if you need as well. I went to tirerack.com and I do NOT believe at this time that the SS are even available for our cars?
i love my PS2's, i've liked michelin's ever since my bmw x5 i had. they were awesome and lasted (probably because it was an AWD) but yea that's why i've only purchased ps2's for my car, the factory pirelli's were crap. that's correct, they're not available for our cars yet, i could only imagine the price for them too. (i'd be paying dealer cost from somewhere, but still too expensive) that's why i wanted to know the comparison between the two.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
i love my PS2's, i've liked michelin's ever since my bmw x5 i had. they were awesome and lasted (probably because it was an AWD) but yea that's why i've only purchased ps2's for my car, the factory pirelli's were crap. that's correct, they're not available for our cars yet, i could only imagine the price for them too. (i'd be paying dealer cost from somewhere, but still too expensive) that's why i wanted to know the comparison between the two.

Well well. I just called and was advised by ED at Tire Rack that they are available "stock" for the fronts on the C55 and the rear require a minimum of an 8.5 inch rim (which we have) so we CAN get them for the C55, just not on-line. You'd have to do a 255/35ZR18 (he says no rubbing issues too) at the following:

$262 per for the rear (255/35/18) and $223 per for the front with a $70 dollar gift card starting Thursday the 16th for a set of 4.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 PM

2006 C55
I had mismatched front and rears. Pilot Sports on the front and PS2's on the rear. My rears were below the wear bars and I wanted to get matched rubber all around. I finally selected the SuperSports. From a non-technical purely laymen's analysis here's what I find:

I can't comment on traction from a mashed gas pedal from a stop, but they seem like they'd grip appropriately if you did. There are a number of sharp turns and long fast sweeping turns on my daily commute that I have an increased confidence in the tires ability to take at speed. The steering response/feel is at least equal to the Pilot Sports I had up front before, although it took a couple days to break in to the point that I'd say that and they are more comfortable/stable at higher speeds on the freeway.

In all fairness, some of the comfort/performance comes from new versus nearly bald tires that were replaced. I also got an alignment completed at the same time, and apparently needed toe adjustments to the front left, so that likely contributed some as well. And finally, I had to move up to 255's on the rear, which likely has had some impact on the car's handling. How much each of these contributed versus the tires alone is hard to say. Simply put, I'm happy with the performance so far. I'm really curious to see if they wear any better than PS2's or other max performance tires and I'd like to see how they perform in the wet before I endorse wholeheartedly.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
I had mismatched front and rears. Pilot Sports on the front and PS2's on the rear. My rears were below the wear bars and I wanted to get matched rubber all around. I finally selected the SuperSports. From a non-technical purely laymen's analysis here's what I find:

I can't comment on traction from a mashed gas pedal from a stop, but they seem like they'd grip appropriately if you did. There are a number of sharp turns and long fast sweeping turns on my daily commute that I have an increased confidence in the tires ability to take at speed. The steering response/feel is at least equal to the Pilot Sports I had up front before, although it took a couple days to break in to the point that I'd say that and they are more comfortable/stable at higher speeds on the freeway.

In all fairness, some of the comfort/performance comes from new versus nearly bald tires that were replaced. I also got an alignment completed at the same time, and apparently needed toe adjustments to the front left, so that likely contributed some as well. And finally, I had to move up to 255's on the rear, which likely has had some impact on the car's handling. How much each of these contributed versus the tires alone is hard to say. Simply put, I'm happy with the performance so far. I'm really curious to see if they wear any better than PS2's or other max performance tires and I'd like to see how they perform in the wet before I endorse wholeheartedly.
Thanks for the review! So, was Ed at TR correct in telling me we had to get the 255s on the rear?? Any fitment issues , i.e. rubbing?? Where did you buy them and what did they cost (approx?)
Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 PM

2006 C55
I confirmed with a Tire Rack rep the same information as well as getting feedback here from a couple members that were already running 255's. No problems so far, and it looks better from behind with the wider tire.

I found a local chain in the San Diego area (Evans Tire for those local) that was $4 cheaper per tire than Tire Rack at the time and they offered a 10% AAA discount which sealed the deal. The fronts were $228 each and the rears were $264 each before the discount.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
I confirmed with a Tire Rack rep the same information as well as getting feedback here from a couple members that were already running 255's. No problems so far, and it looks better from behind with the wider tire.

I found a local chain in the San Diego area (Evans Tire for those local) that was $4 cheaper per tire than Tire Rack at the time and they offered a 10% AAA discount which sealed the deal. The fronts were $228 each and the rears were $264 each before the discount.

Sounds like Tire Rack is selling at full retail?? Any photos of them. Would love to see em!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:01 PM

2006 C55
Thanks for the review! So, was Ed at TR correct in telling me we had to get the 255s on the rear?? Any

And yes, Michelin doesn't have SuperSports in 245-35-18 so I had to go to 255-35-18 on the rear. I'm stock on the front.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 PM

2006 C55
I'll see if I can take some pictures and get them posted
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Well well. I just called and was advised by ED at Tire Rack that they are available "stock" for the fronts on the C55 and the rear require a minimum of an 8.5 inch rim (which we have) so we CAN get them for the C55, just not on-line. You'd have to do a 255/35ZR18 (he says no rubbing issues too) at the following:

$262 per for the rear (255/35/18) and $223 per for the front with a $70 dollar gift card starting Thursday the 16th for a set of 4.
isn't that cheaper than the ps2's MSRP when they first came out?