C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

finally got quads on the c32

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG x 2
finally got quads on the c32

so ive been searching for another c32 exhaust and i finally got one off a member on the forum. anyways i took it to Zoro Muffler (if anyones in toronto i recommended them now it was great work).

So they cut out the bumper, then cut the tips off the whole exhaust system, made a Y pipe on the tips. Custom fabricated pipes from the original exhaust to the tips. and custom made hooks for the system. All under 300$. Car is louder but still has the rumble. If anyone was thinking about changing the spare tire to the c55..you dont really have to, it is possible to do it.

pics are attached
Attached Thumbnails finally got quads on the c32-photo.jpg   finally got quads on the c32-2photo.jpg   finally got quads on the c32-p4hoto.jpg   finally got quads on the c32-pho1to.jpg  
Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Nice cutout on the exhaust. Well done.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
nice
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
It looks good
Old 03-26-2011, 03:28 PM

C32 AMG x 2
thanks guys
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Cool
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63s
The cutouts don't seem the same. Looks like the right one is slightly lower/off. I ran into a similar issue on my old quad setup, and ended up having to redo both sides to get an even look.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
So The second tips don't have a muffler? Get us a sound video.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 PM

C32 AMG x 2
@db- you cant really tell..even in person its really hard to point out differences...measurements arent perfect of course. However even i can only notice a bit.

As for the sound...its loud....i will post a clip maybe tonight if i have a chance.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
How does this setup affect back pressure with only 2 tips attached to a muffler?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM

C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by dynomite05
How does this setup affect back pressure with only 2 tips attached to a muffler?
the new tips are before the muffler...so the piping allows the air to exit more freely..however the piping is smaller in diameter so there isnt a great loss of back pressure. there is more air coming out of the new side because the main side has more restriction. im not a professional so i cant really answer this , however performance wise i really dont care at this point..cars got a jerry tune..178 pulley..code3 intake and k/ns so a loss of power or torque shouldnt be substantial. its just the looks that i wanted.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I'm in Toronto too and I'm currently doing the same thing. I purchased the tips off a member here and I'm installing the dual. I've considered the same thing as what you've done, but you ended up with one exhaust that doesn't have a muffler. That's not something I want. I'm doing this purely for cosmetics. I'm actually going to run a pipe behind the rear bumper and connect it to the exhaust tip after the muffler. Anyways, looks pretty good, nice work. The exhaust sound comming from each one of the pipes will be different though? A bit odd... I hope it doesn't sound like there's an exhaust leak.

Bry

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-26-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 PM

C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
I'm in Toronto too and I'm currently doing the same thing. I purchased the tips off a member here and I'm installing the dual. I've considered the same thing as what you've done, but you ended up with one exhaust that doesn't have a muffler. That's not something I want. I'm doing this purely for cosmetics. I'm actually going to run a pipe behind the rear bumper and connect it to the exhaust tip after the muffler. Anyways, looks pretty good, nice work. The exhaust sound comming from each one of the pipes will be different though? A bit odd... I hope it doesn't sound like there's an exhaust leak.

Bry
i was going to do that however the pipe can run along the bumper but to get it to bend into the exhaust tips is very difficult since the spare well is very close and its really tight. As for mine i had an option of putting a resonator between the tips and the new piping. chose not too...but i prob will because the sound will get annoying soon and it shouldnt cost that much. Ill keep the thread posted if i do and ill get a video of start up and rev up tomorrow. By the way i reallly recommend zoro in mississauga if you want theyve done a couple slk350s too.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Do you even need backpressure for a F/I car? When I do exhaust systems on all my turbo cars I always do a full 3" with no muffler/resonator. Back pressure is only useful to give N/A cars more torque. Maybe for S/C it's different, but for turbo cars exhaust back pressure is the bottleneck of a turbo car. It will restrict the turbos spool. Anyways, I'm no expert on F/I, but I realize that turbo's are driven by exhaust gas whereas the S/C is driven by the crank. From what I understand a F/I car's exhaust velocity is the more important when dealing with boost. Seeing as how our S/C's are almost always on, I don't think there is a great need for back pressure. There are different types of S/C's, some that aren't activated till much higher RPM's. In that case, those setups may require back pressure. If anyone could clarify this, I would appreciate it. F/I rule of thumb when it comes to exhaust systems... Bigger is ALWAYS better.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 03-27-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:40 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32///
i was going to do that however the pipe can run along the bumper but to get it to bend into the exhaust tips is very difficult since the spare well is very close and its really tight. As for mine i had an option of putting a resonator between the tips and the new piping. chose not too...but i prob will because the sound will get annoying soon and it shouldnt cost that much. Ill keep the thread posted if i do and ill get a video of start up and rev up tomorrow. By the way i reallly recommend zoro in mississauga if you want theyve done a couple slk350s too.
The space does look very tight. I will have to run a reduced exhaust pipe if I'm going to make it work. Either that or I'll have a exhaust tip on the other side that's a dud.

I've heard of Zoro, my good friend is a tuner and has a huge shop, he usually does all my work. It's called DMT motorsports, might want to check it out. He has the only Dynapak in Canada. http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/