C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

R Thirty WHO??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG Silver
R Thirty WHO??

So last tuesday I was cruising along 4800s in Holladay UT heading west. At some point on my cruise I saw a Volkswagen R32 doing some pretty agressive driving nearly taking out a few cars in its path to catch up to me. Finally after many pointless minuets of the R32 driver attempting to pull aside me it did. I noticed that the driver of the R32 was a girl (she obviously thought her silly little vw could keep up with true german engineering) she revved a few time so I knew she meant business. The R32 seemed slightly modded with a more agressive exhaust note than usual, and a few cosmetic mods ie rims and window tint, but nothing an AMG cant handle. Now the strip we were about to race down gave about 1/8th of a mile before it merged into one lane. I know vws are weak sauce and the R32 is supposed to be their "fast" model, but could i really pull that far ahead in that short of a distance? Well the light turned green and right as I mashed the pedal to the medal I remembered how *&%$*&% bald my tires were. Her and her all wheel drive pulled a car lenght on me while my tires were spinning like mad doing nothing but blasting a cloud of burnt rubber behind me! . But there is no way I would lose to a vw. I got going like a rocket ship once my tires made good contact with the pavement, catching up foot by foot. But the lane was going to merge too soon. She beat me to the merge. I DIDNT CARE! I pulled into the turning lane to finish my pass. I was about even with her at that point and after about another few seconds of racing, the beast pulled at least a car lengths on her and I quickly cut back into the correct lane of travel. She had given up at the next light and wanted no more, she had given up after witnessing true german engineering....

AMG POWER!!!

C32-1
Vw R32-0

Now for all you safe drivers ths took place while there were 0 drivers around and I could see clearness. NO way would I endanger others to race.
Just thought I would share my story..... Thanks for reading!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM

C32, 911 SC
Nice runs! That spot is usually packed with cars though, so be careful! And oh, next time leave ESP on, stock C32s have no problem beating R32s with them on, unless they're turbo-ed.

Have you replaced your IC pump yet? Let me know if you're up for a friendly run. I never get to run another AMG, except once.

Last edited by ddtham; 04-21-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
That's got to be the crappiest kill I've ever heard...Sorry Bro.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
My bad... Just excited about my first one.... Im pretty sure you were as well. I've owned the car for a year and never got to use it with the sc due to computer issues. Im sure there are crappier ones.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
haters
Old 04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM

2002 C32 AMG Silver
[QUOTE=ddtham;4637271]Nice runs! That spot is usually packed with cars though, so be careful! And oh, next time leave ESP on, stock C32s have no problem beating R32s with them on, unless they're turbo-ed.

Have you replaced your IC pump yet? Let me know if you're up for a friendly run. I never get to run another AMG, except once.[/QUOTE

Actually it wasnt my IC pump. Huge ECU glitch. Took over a year to get MB to fix, but the point is that its fixed and im happy!!

I would love to go on a run! I want to find some good twisty roads, but unfortunatly all the good canyons are closed till they thaw. You know of any? You live in the valley right? I saw another silver c32 heading north on highland drive just past 4500s.

Trending Topics

Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
that was it?

It took you over a 1/8" to beat a 240bhp vw with a girl driving?

just delete the thread
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by UtahC32Amg
I would love to go on a run! I want to find some good twisty roads, but unfortunatly all the good canyons are closed till they thaw. You know of any? You live in the valley right? I saw another silver c32 heading north on highland drive just past 4500s.
Not super twisty, but Emigration Canyon is nice during this time of year. I went there in March.

I live in downtown SLC so that has to be another C32. I am running my summer 19s Brabus Mono VI reps now and I have a Eurocharged sticker that adds 15rwhp

Let me know when you're up for a run. When I was out on Saturday night, there's a nice black C55 that does the cruise on State St, but he didn't want to run.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 02C32guy

Its interesting because there's a LOT of Rs in my area and they can be tough off the digg because of AWD. Its like my heavy-*** ML55. The C32 and 55 will eat it alive on a dry day, BUT in the wet/snow etc, the ML will absolutely destroy them up to about 80 because it hooks so well. IN fact, the qtr mile times are about identical in the rain as they are in the dry with the ML. Same is true with AWD cars like Subie, Mitsu, Porsche TT and the GTR!!! You just cant beat them from a digg, even more-so if its a lil wet. Given that, I understand how you felt the need to tell your story BUT next time, think twice about dragging in the wet on bald tires???

Oh, and if you don't have one on the C32 , get a Jerry Tune, you'll love it.

*** Stock R32 s are way high 13s, low-mid 14s all day long at about 98-100 MPH . *** Your C32 should destroy one.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 04-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by ddtham
Not super twisty, but Emigration Canyon is nice during this time of year. I went there in March.

I live in downtown SLC so that has to be another C32. I am running my summer 19s Brabus Mono VI reps now and I have a Eurocharged sticker that adds 15rwhp

Let me know when you're up for a run. When I was out on Saturday night, there's a nice black C55 that does the cruise on State St, but he didn't want to run.

Why not? Scared??
Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
yea.....amg power....congrats on beating a 240hp turd being piloted by a female....
Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
yea.....amg power....congrats on beating a 240hp turd being piloted by a female....
The R32 is NOT by any means an AMG, BUT its also NOT a turd....................particularly in the wet........

What does a woman have to do with this?? Maybe it was Danica Patrick out for a spin or the chick in Mike Kuzni's sig photo...............
Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Marsaydees
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
The R32 is NOT by any means an AMG, BUT its also NOT a turd....................particularly in the wet........

What does a woman have to do with this?? Maybe it was Danica Patrick out for a spin or the chick in Mike Kuzni's sig photo...............
cool story bro............................................... ...................
Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
cool story bro............................................... ...................
NOT my story.............................bro............. ...........

I am not going to take the wind out of his sails......................bro..........
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
I want to be somebody's bro!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
BRO.....................8================>~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
Nice kill. I just raced a slightly modded r32. Good thing I had 265's in the back. kept me going off the line
Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 PM

C32, E93 M3
damn dude. I smoked a r32 in my stock internals turbo focus. now that i have a build motor, just wow. i really though my c32 might hold its own against my focus, but now, i kinda doubt it. the r32 had you, sorry. you cheated against the track to win; almost as bad as a ricer flyby.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
So last tuesday I was cruising along 4800s in Holladay UT heading west. At some point on my cruise I saw a Volkswagen R32 doing some pretty agressive driving nearly taking out a few cars in its path to catch up to me. Finally after many pointless minuets of the R32 driver attempting to pull aside me it did. I noticed that the driver of the R32 was a girl (she obviously thought her silly little vw could keep up with true german engineering) she revved a few time so I knew she meant business. The R32 seemed slightly modded with a more agressive exhaust note than usual, and a few cosmetic mods ie rims and window tint, but nothing an AMG cant handle. Now the strip we were about to race down gave about 1/8th of a mile before it merged into one lane. I know vws are weak sauce and the R32 is supposed to be their "fast" model, but could i really pull that far ahead in that short of a distance? Well the light turned green and right as I mashed the pedal to the medal I remembered how *&%$*&% bald my tires were. Her and her all wheel drive pulled a car lenght on me while my tires were spinning like mad doing nothing but blasting a cloud of burnt rubber behind me! . But there is no way I would lose to a vw. I got going like a rocket ship once my tires made good contact with the pavement, catching up foot by foot. But the lane was going to merge too soon. She beat me to the merge. I DIDNT CARE! I pulled into the turning lane to finish my pass. I was about even with her at that point and after about another few seconds of racing, the beast pulled at least a car lengths on her and I quickly cut back into the correct lane of travel. She had given up at the next light and wanted no more, she had given up after witnessing true german engineering....

AMG POWER!!!

C32-1
Vw R32-0

Now for all you safe drivers ths took place while there were 0 drivers around and I could see clearness. NO way would I endanger others to race.
Just thought I would share my story..... Thanks for reading!!
Ugh. Just, ugh. For the whole thing.

Newz, BTW... where does it say it was wet out? I don't see any mention of that anywhere.

Maybe my comprehension needs a tune-up, because I read this version:

So I'm at a light next to an R32. I don't get out much, so this is a big day for me. I floor it and spray grit all over the car(s) behind me, but I don't care. I gotta beat this R32 at all costs. R32 pulls away, but I'm catching up bit by bit. Oops, there's a merge ahead, and the R32 gets there first. R32 one, C32 zero, you might think - not so fast, because I performed a suh-weet illegal pass of the R32 from the turn-only lane and then cut it off to cement my superiority. Surprisingly, at the next light, no one wanted any part of me. I am winning.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/U][/I][/B]

Why not? Scared??
He said his oil level is low and his valve cover gasket is leaking. It sounded nice though because he had his resonator deleted!

But then again, I don't think he would beat me if that's his only mod. I really just wanted to see how my car fares against other amg, not Jakpro's though