C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Speedriven in Palatine, IL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, Hummer H2
Speedriven in Palatine, IL?

Is it really like getting the same dealership service, skill and orig. parts without the stealership price?

Their techs are MBZ techs too and they source their parts from a nearby dealership right?

I have several things needed to be done on my C55 but they are just more of maintenance (service A, gasket and seals etc) and not performance tuning. Would you still recommend going to Speedriven (a tuner shop really) for maintenance work, rather then going a dealership?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by CFiftyFive
Is it really like getting the same dealership service, skill and orig. parts without the stealership price?

Their techs are MBZ techs too and they source their parts from a nearby dealership right?

I have several things needed to be done on my C55 but they are just more of maintenance (service A, gasket and seals etc) and not performance tuning. Would you still recommend going to Speedriven (a tuner shop really) for maintenance work, rather then going a dealership?
I use Marcin for all my work and he hasn't let me down yet!!! About 70% the price of stealerships and he's a long time MB tech..................

He'll also tell you that the stealerships also use Oil Change monkeys for the oil changes and you're not getting a regular tech for that...........at least where he worked............

Call Marcin or Jo, they're good people..............
Old 05-21-2011, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Hmm.. I wonder how much he would charge for mission flush.. Dealer quoted me $400+ ...

Benz of St. Charles charged me $67 for making my alarm chirp!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Give us a call - we're here M-S pretty much from 9-6PM (3PM on Saturdays, unless we have later appointments).

Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Can you guys do res+second cat removal?? Literally could not find a local place to do it (Barrington, northwest Chi suburbs FTW!).
Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Give us a call - we're here M-S pretty much from 9-6PM (3PM on Saturdays, unless we have later appointments).

Marcin and Marcin are really good at doing windshield washer reservoir "power flushes." Its their specialty Jo can really mod minivans too

OK, you guys know I luv ya!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:52 PM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Marcin and Marcin are really good at doing windshield washer reservoir "power flushes." Its their specialty Jo can really mod minivans too

OK, you guys know I luv ya!!!

Hey I was just there this morning! Dropped off my C55 for almost the same exact reasons as the OP (now what a coincidence!).

+1 on what Newzchspy said. Met Marcin for the first time and he really seems to be a very nice guy. Very patient in explaining things too.

I've been a long time lurker here, but I just got my "new to me" C55 the other day, and is now in the process of putting it back in tip top shape before I do mods

Now I'm curious as to who else brings their Mercs to SpeeDriven? Can we do a roll call?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Can you guys do res+second cat removal?? Literally could not find a local place to do it (Barrington, northwest Chi suburbs FTW!).
Doo, you still haven't done that yet?? lol
Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Doo, you still haven't done that yet?? lol
Yeah...the places close to me won't/can't do it. There were a few places that would do it but said it would take a few days and were a few hours drive away...
Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
Those guys are great you will not be disappointed!