C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Fixing a tiny ding on the front. How?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
Fixing a tiny ding on the front. How?

Driving my C32 to work on the highway this morning and got hit by something at the front (dunno what). Anyway, it left a tiny ding about 1/4 inch in diameter just above the front grille. It's so small you can hardly see it unless you look at it closely, but being a perfectionist I am pretty annoyed and want to get it fixed. With a ding this small, I dont think even those guys at Dent Wizard or Dent Doctor can get at it properly because it's so small. Does anyone know if I can just put a few coats of wax (or Zaino) on that spot, and it will even out a small ding like that? Also, it left a black mark on the spot where it was hit (dunno if it was rubber or tar). Can I just use a clay bar to rub it off? Any help you guys can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Attached Thumbnails Fixing a tiny ding on the front. How?-car1.jpg  

Last edited by cityhunter; 08-19-2003 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
Try This!

I rcvd a little dent in the side of my last car. I too was angry and it bugged me every time I drove the car. So one day while watching TV an infomercial started and demonstrated this tool that pulls out car dents. You probably seen this thing but you have not I will expain the process. I did not want to pay a body shop a couple+ hundred dollars and possible scratches to the car so I bought the thing. I paid $19.99 and a couple of weeks later it showed up in my mail box. The kit included:
1 Hot Glue Gun
4 Glue Sticks
1 Dent pull device with soft pads so not to scratch car.
2 plastic disks which is placed over dent (depending on size of dent determines disk)
1 Bottle of area cleaner.
1 Plastic post dent former
1 Car scrapper (looked like a spatula)

Just like anybody I was skeptical about the results. But I cleaned the spot (about an inch in diameter) put some hot glue (not really glue but a plastic adhesive that when cools forms a bond on your car) and placed in middle of dent. Placed plastic disk onto melted glue. When glue dried, I positioned the dent pull device (and soft pads) on each side of the dent and screwed in plastic disk onto glue. I kept on screwing until I heard a 'POP". The pop was a combination of dent and plastic disk being popped off the car. I looked in the area of the dent and IT WAS GONE. The directions also states that if the dent is larger or it did not pull out then try again.
With my new toy in had I tried to do the same to my wife's car. She had about three small dents and "low and behold" it worked fine on her car. The cleaner has a little alcohol in it so when done with pulling out dent use cleaner and it looks just as new (predent.
By friend came by and saw the miraculous results so he asked if he could use it on his BBQ grill. When he bought the grill he dropped it on the ground and put a pretty big dent in it. As you know the metal gauge is thicker than your average car. He was able to pull most of the dents out but the spot looked uneven so with the plastic post dent remover he was able to reform the spot to original shape If you look real close to the spot where he tried to pull dent out you can see that something happened but it still looks a lot better then before. Try it you will like it. Besides with the money you save you can purchase something for your baby (C32). Good luck!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
"the DING KING!" - Billy Mays

haha id be scared to use it cause of the glue but im glad it worked
Old 08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Benz
I heard "Ding King" actually makes it worse though... Has anyone tried applying multiple coats of wax or Zaino on the spot where the ding is? Will it even out the slight dent?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:30 PM

I just used the Ding King last night on a Honda SUV (2003) and it worked great again. The glue is not really a glue (as we know it) it's actually plastic that does not scratch or seep into the paint. My suggestion is to purchase the thing and try it on another car. If you like the results then use it on yours. Before I sold my Infiniti (G35) someone put a little dent in the driver side door. The dent was small but if you viewed the car from behind/trunck angle you could see the little indentation. Before I did that I went to Infiniti to see if they could take it out. But it would have required lots of my time and money which I knew I could not recoop from the potential buyer.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:30 PM

a Merc
'maguzma', it sounds like you're an expert on this, maybe you can help me fix some of my dings ?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:08 PM
air

will it work on a ding as small as cityhunter's? (hehe, that sounds kinda funny if you think pervertedly... but seriously... will it?)

Trending Topics

Old 08-20-2003, 05:51 PM

It would work on cityhunters but my only concern is that if the metal is thin and he pulls too hard he may cause the opposite effect (inverted dent). If he can lift the hood and get access to dent from from behind then using a small hammer or similiar object/device he can reshape the dent. (Is that statement understandable?)