Jerk in transmission, -problem solved!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Originally Posted by MilosCovaci
Hi guys, first time writing here. I have a 2007 W211 diesel. I changed the oil in the transmission, drained the whole system by disconnecting the return line from the transmission oil cooler. Filled the transmission with 5 liters, opened the return line, started the car, drained 1 liter, added 1 liter. Did this until there was clean fluid coming through. After the oil change I have a jerk from 1st to 2nd. The thing is that if I check the oil level in the transmission, by removing the plug while the transmission is warm, in Park, engine running there is no oil dripping out. I thought its supposed to have a steady trickle, not pouring. But in my case there nothing coming out and I pumped 11 liters in it. I thought the total capacity is 9 liters. I did put 9 liters initially and the jerk was bad between 1-2 and during downshifting from higher gears. Once I had more fluid the only jerk is between 1-2. Maybe I lost more fluid while I was draining the return line. Maybe there's not enough fluid?! Need help! Thank you
you have the 722.9 so this is thread is for a different transmission
Old 08-25-2022, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200 Kompressor , MY-2007
722.6 problem

Hello. I have a c-class with automatic transmission 5g tronic for about 1 month and 200k km. When I change gear from 1 to 2, I feel as if someone is pushing me from behind. I changed the oil and the filter a few days ago but nothing has improved.
Reading this forum, I think there is a problem with the TCC solenoid and I ordered it.
Could it be something else?
The following users liked this post:
laiayo (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 10:22 AM

2007 e200k
Originally Posted by Teo2307
Hello. I have a c-class with automatic transmission 5g tronic for about 1 month and 200k km. When I change gear from 1 to 2, I feel as if someone is pushing me from behind. I changed the oil and the filter a few days ago but nothing has improved.
Reading this forum, I think there is a problem with the TCC solenoid and I ordered it.
Could it be something else?
I have the same symptoms and I have rebuild the transmission, but unfortunately the jerk was only more slightly. The jerk is still there.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200k Coupe
Transmission Hard Shifting

Hello guys,
Anybody still have this problem?
A simple test, just active the speed limiter and drive it. I don't know what happened or what is between the limit command and tcu but it solve the problem as well. Also after a while u dont need to active limit and everything works well.
Another reason is the low voltage on battery because alternator can't charge battery well and solenoids confused to help for executing commands. I hope this helps you.
Sorry for my bad English
Old 05-26-2023, 09:48 PM

2007 e200k
Originally Posted by LANguard
Hello guys,
A simple test, just active the speed limiter and drive it. I don't know what happened or what is between the limit command and tcu but it solve the problem as well. Also after a while u dont need to active limit and everything works well.
Another reason is the low voltage on battery because alternator can't charge battery well and solenoids confused to help for executing commands. I hope this helps you.
Sorry for my bad English
Do you mean this speed limited rod?
what speed did you setup?

Old 05-26-2023, 11:38 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by LANguard
Hello guys,
Sorry for my bad English
Interesting suggestion about the speed limiter (I'm assuming cruise control for Americans?).

Regarding the battery, is that really relevant when the car is running? I would think that the alternator would provide an ample amount of voltage regardless of the battery health. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:56 PM

C200k Coupe
Originally Posted by laiayo
Do you mean this speed limited rod?
what speed did you setup?
Yes, it is.
Average like 100. Just active it.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:17 AM

C200k Coupe
Originally Posted by nkx1
Interesting suggestion about the speed limiter (I'm assuming cruise control for Americans?).

Regarding the battery, is that really relevant when the car is running? I would think that the alternator would provide an ample amount of voltage regardless of the battery health. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
Cruse / Limet = push it to orange led turns on.
On my opinion, the main reason for this problem, alternator is not supplying the required voltage to the transmission parts at low speed, because this problem has been reported in all cases at low speeds on sport mode 1to2 or comfort mode 2to3, and when the speed increases this problem is solved by supplying voltage through the alternator. The effects of voltage cannot be denied in any way, especially for transmission, which may cause several errors or failures due to power fluctuations, while all parts may be healthy. switch on the pre-ignition on the KM menu, and Press the reset button three times on the panel to display the voltage, usually cars with transmission problems are at 12.2 in ignition and idle mode and finally in acceleration until they reach electrical stability, which becomes 13.4 while it should be 14.2.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:10 PM

GLA250
Originally Posted by Naugamanator
+1 more ... Torque converter lockup 'jerk' gone after replacing the PWM solenoid. Brilliant fix!
Thanks for being the 6th driver out of 7 to post how replacing TCC PWM solenoid fixed that annoying tranny jerk!

The 7th driver with positive results posted below.

I'm hoping to be #8, just dropped my car off to the dealership. Will post back with results soon, as folks had requested.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Originally Posted by rykrisp
Thanks for being the 6th driver out of 7 to post how replacing TCC PWM solenoid fixed that annoying tranny jerk!

The 7th driver with positive results posted below.

I'm hoping to be #8, just dropped my car off to the dealership. Will post back with results soon, as folks had requested.
the dealership .... ouch
Old 09-23-2023, 03:41 AM

C200 Kompressor , MY-2007
Hello

Hello. I recently took the car to a car service specialized in automatic transmissions, where, following the checks and the correlation of that jerk with the TCC lock-up moment, it was decided to recondition it and replace the TCC valve. The problem is that even after that the car does the same thing. I took it back and they said they would change the valve block. I don't know what to do anymore..
Old 12-27-2023, 10:07 PM

E250 W212 2010
Hi all seniors,

i read thru the whole post and realize i have the same issue of jerking at low RPM. The trick of replacing the PWM solenoid as stated in this post, i would like to try get my workshop to replace that part and try. However i am quite new to merc and its parts seeking advise from all you guys here to see if you are able to direct me to the correct part. i dont know which position senor or what is that part called.

My car VIN : WDD2120472A371183
Engine : M - Engine:271860 30 176217271.