C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

If one installs the Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001 now, how much to add the chip later? The ODPS is currently $1499, according to the website.

Is the Stage I ECU optimized for the ODPS, or is it just the normal $999 Powerchip?

One would expect the Stage I ECU to be optimized for the ODPS/IC res mod.

Also, are there any ECU programs available for getting the transmission to enter downshift on more moderate throttle & upshift on moderate throttle?
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Originally posted by m444
If one installs the Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001 now, how much to add the chip later? The ODPS is currently $1499, according to the website.

Is the Stage I ECU optimized for the ODPS, or is it just the normal $999 Powerchip?

One would expect the Stage I ECU to be optimized for the ODPS/IC res mod.

Also, are there any ECU programs available for getting the transmission to enter downshift on more moderate throttle & upshift on moderate throttle?
M44,

The $1499 special was intended only for the month of January - after numerous requests, we will be extending the special on the ODPS kit for a short while longer.

While our products can be purchased and installed separately, they we designed to work together in order to achieve maximum HP, reliably and safely.

You are correct, we have software written specifically for the power pulleys in order to make additional boost. The software is good for about an additional 20-22hp over the ODPS alone. There is almost no reason not to opt for the software as well. Keep in mind - there are 2 different software packages for the C32.

While the $999 software on the website can be used for our ODPS kit, it is not written specifically for the pulleys, it is intended to . The software will reach it's adaptive limits in no time. The software, if purchased separately is $1290.

As for software for the transmission, nothing is available at this moment, but that's not to say it is not in the works. We at evosport are hard at work on finding more HP from the C32!

Any questions are welcome, feel free to post here or contact me directly.

Last edited by tomg; 03-29-2004 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:13 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: Re: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Originally posted by tom @ evosport
While our products can be purchased and installed separately, they we designed to work together in order to achieve maximum HP, reliably and safely.
Are you saying that the ODPS is not as reliable and safe if it is installed without the software? Then why promote the ODPS on its own as a special deal? A number of us (including me!) bought it without the software because of the special.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Re: Re: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Originally posted by blando
Are you saying that the ODPS is not as reliable and safe if it is installed without the software? Then why promote the ODPS on its own as a special deal? A number of us (including me!) bought it without the software because of the special.
Nowhere in my statement did I say the ODPS was unsafe without the software.

The software will simply allow your C32 to provide additional boost - taking full advantage of the ODPS kit . We have worked long and hard with Powerchips in order to offer software that has been specifically programmed for the ODPS!

The ODPS will allow considerable HP gains (about 30HP), the software (about 20HP) is simply icing on the cake. One item without the other will cause no harm to your particular vehicle - no need to worry at all.

The special deal is to simply invite others to purchase our parts at a reduced rate, saving $$ for additional mods on your C32!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:43 PM

Audi C7.5 S6
ODPS install

Ok, next question.

How much stuff has to be removed for the ODPS & Res Mod?

Does the crank pulley get changed?

I suppose this takes about 6-8 hours, the first time?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:45 PM

E55, C32, ML320
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Originally posted by tom @ evosport
Nowhere in my statement did I say the ODPS was unsafe without the software.

The software will simply allow your C32 to provide additional boost - taking full advantage of the ODPS kit . We have worked long and hard with Powerchips in order to offer software that has been specifically programmed for the ODPS!

The ODPS will allow considerable HP gains (about 30HP), the software (about 20HP) is simply icing on the cake. One item without the other will cause no harm to your particular vehicle - no need to worry at all.

The special deal is to simply invite others to purchase our parts at a reduced rate, saving $$ for additional mods on your C32!
I never said that you stated it was unsafe without the software. Your statement, "designed to work together in order to achieve maximum HP, reliably and safely," implied that it was not as reliable and safe without the software.

It wasn't clear if that was just sales talk or that a greater degree of reliablity and safety would be found by installing them together as stated.

Glad to hear that there are no concerns in installing the ODPS on its own. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?

Originally posted by blando
I never said that you stated it was unsafe without the software. Your statement, "designed to work together in order to achieve maximum HP, reliably and safely," implied that it was not as reliable and safe without the software.

It wasn't clear if that was just sales talk or that a greater degree of reliablity and safety would be found by installing them together as stated.

Glad to hear that there are no concerns in installing the ODPS on its own. Thanks for the quick reply!
One thing you will never hear from me is "sales talk".

I try in every attempt to state clean facts and help as much as humanly possible. Remember - we are car enthusiasts too!
Old 03-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: ODPS install

Ok, next question.

How much stuff has to be removed for the ODPS & Res Mod?

Does the crank pulley get changed?

I suppose this takes about 6-8 hours, the first time?
Bring on the questions, I try to frequent the forums as much as possible!

The ODPS installation is a somewhat complex procedure, depending on the vehicle, the front bumper must be removed sometimes in order to access the washer bottle and other items.

The crankshaft pulley is changed in the ODPS - the process takes about 8 hours total (depending on the vehicle's previous modifications), including a thorough go-over once the vehicle is completed and bleeding the air from the cooling system.

Once everything in in good order - the clean bill of health is issued and the C32 is returned!
Old 03-30-2004, 05:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
dealers in ny/ct

Tom, could you post your dealers in NY, CT, MA that can handle the install?

Thanks..
Old 03-30-2004, 09:19 AM

2006 SLK 55 AMG
And Ohio too!!!
Please!
JMC
Old 03-30-2004, 10:20 AM
dfc

03' C32, 98' Civic EX
AWDman, I think I saw your car at West Farms mall one day... Anyways, I have been looking for a qualified installer of performance accessories for a while here in CT. None! A friend suggested a place in Boston, they specialize in German auto, abundant BMW and Porsche tunnings. Maybe they can do Mercs?
Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DFC....prob not me..I don't "maul" the c32.. :-)

Maybe Tom's reply will help us both out.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:17 AM

Audi C7.5 S6
Crank pulley & self Install ODPS+Res

If the crank pulley gets changed, does the harmonic balancer get removed or the main crank bolt holding on the harmonic balancer?

How many people have ordered the ODPS+ res mod & self installed them?

How much hacking up of the stock shrouding occurs?

Must remove the front bumper & bumper cover? Or just the bumper cover?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:03 PM

2006 Corvette Coupe
2-3 weeks to remove vmax?

The web site says:
(1) ECU remap normally takes one day. Please allow time for shipping.
(2) ECU remap with Vmax (top speed) removal requires 2-3 weeks for completion. Please allow time for shipping.
2-3 weeks seems a bit excessive. Is this really true? Whats going on with vmax, is some sort of brute-force decryption required?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:51 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
I'd like to know what places in TX Evosport would use for installation of the mods. Also, if they are done by an Evosport-recommended place, would Evosport support the work and any issues later on?

jayitx
Old 03-30-2004, 06:17 PM

02 C32
Re: dealers in ny/ct

Originally posted by AWDman

Thanks..
I would like to know as well. Possibly in the following states: NY, NJ, CT, or PA. TIA.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: dealers in ny/ct

Originally posted by AWDman

Thanks..
We are working on recommending facilities in order to install our products at the current time.

Here are 2 places I can recommend for installation at this time:

AWE Tuning - Willow Grove, PA (www.awe-tuning.com)
Turner Motorsport - Amesbury, MA (www.turnermotorsport.com)

Any other areas, feel free to contact me offline!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by jayitx
I'd like to know what places in TX Evosport would use for installation of the mods. Also, if they are done by an Evosport-recommended place, would Evosport support the work and any issues later on?

jayitx
Please contact me offline for a recommended installer in the TX area.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by jayitx

jayitx
We always back up our products whether installed by you or another facility. While evosport cannot warranty any labor not performed at evosport, rest assured you can still count on the highest quality from our products.

Mistakes do happen from time to time, and we will do whatever it takes to make it right!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: 2-3 weeks to remove vmax?

Originally posted by cschow
The web site says:

2-3 weeks seems a bit excessive. Is this really true? Whats going on with vmax, is some sort of brute-force decryption required?
This was true in the past, this is not the norm any longer. We are trying to do everything we can to get our website up to date as quickly as possible.

Once your computer is received by evosport, we can typically have the ECU backed up, cleared out, programmed and returned to your doorstep within 2-3 days.

BTW - the VMAX is raised to 303 kilometers during reprogramming in case you were inquiring
Old 03-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Re: Crank pulley & self Install ODPS+Res

If the crank pulley gets changed, does the harmonic balancer get removed or the main crank bolt holding on the harmonic balancer?

How many people have ordered the ODPS+ res mod & self installed them?

How much hacking up of the stock shrouding occurs?

Must remove the front bumper & bumper cover? Or just the bumper cover?

Thanks for your time.
Our evosport pulley is 13 lbs lighter than the stock unit and has been tested on Vadim's C32 for over 2 years now.

Some people have attempted the modification themselves, however while the instructions are as detailed as possible, we highly recommend having a qualified technician performing the install for you.

Very little trimming of the stock shroud is trimmed. Just what is needed.

Some vehicles require removal of the front bumper in order to gain better access to the reservoir and pulleys.

If you have any further questions, please contact me here or offline!
Old 03-31-2004, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks

"AWE Tuning - Willow Grove, PA (www.awe-tuning.com)
Turner Motorsport - Amesbury, MA (www.turnermotorsport.com)"

Both reputable tuners....comforting. Thanks Tom.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:56 AM

Tom,

Are you sure that Turner Motorsports will do mercedes? I know they only work on BMW's, have you or ben talked with them in the recent past? Can you please confirm. Thanks.

Prasith
Old 03-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Prasith32
Tom,

Are you sure that Turner Motorsports will do mercedes? I know they only work on BMW's, have you or ben talked with them in the recent past? Can you please confirm. Thanks.

Prasith
I double-checked this morning on your request, unfortunately Turner will only perform work on BMW.

I'm currently putting together a list of repair facilities/tuners in the meantime we can recommend for installation.

Feel free to contact me offline if you have any questions!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:56 PM

Audi C7.5 S6
Anyone you trust for install in Northern California?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Evosport ODPS # EVO.ODP.M03.001, chip later?