C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Power steering not working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-benz C55 AMG
C55 Power steering not working.

Will I have a new problem just got a new radiator and cooling fans now my power steering dose not work. So what happen was I did a sharp turn and "drifted" it and after at idle the wheel is hard to turn and the steering makes a "brrrrrr" sound when i turn the wheel at idle a checked power steering fluid it looks full and the weird thing is when you rev it a little its all fine then at idle it dose not work and makes the sound. But when i do drive it nothing wrong what could it be?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
When last did you have the fluid replaced?
I would service that with Pentosin and see from there. Does everything seem to be okay under the body? What is the mileage on the vehicle?
Perhaps "resetting" the battery can aid you
The following users liked this post:
AtlasMG (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 06:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
Originally Posted by AtlasMG
Will I have a new problem just got a new radiator and cooling fans now my power steering dose not work. So what happen was I did a sharp turn and "drifted" it and after at idle the wheel is hard to turn and the steering makes a "brrrrrr" sound when i turn the wheel at idle a checked power steering fluid it looks full and the weird thing is when you rev it a little its all fine then at idle it dose not work and makes the sound. But when i do drive it nothing wrong what could it be?
Yo must've done a full lock on "drift" causing your power steering pump to completely break. Or it was getting there. When I hear "drift" and "power steering pump" I'm very fimiliar with it lol. I've changed my pump twice within 4 months and I found out why after the second time. Our cars simply don't like full lock donuts. If you just turn the steering wheel all the way, you will 100% bust your pump. Looks like you need a new pump.
AtlasMG (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:34 AM

The fluid is full to the top and looks new the car has 110000 miles and I took the battery off last night for about 15 hours today I came back put it on and still the same thing. My cousin said It could have bin air that got in when we "drifted" he said just to drive for a little so the air could get out itself.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:38 AM

I don't think its the pump because I did not go full lock I mite have at the start and the pump sounds good ill drive around and see if its air if not then ill change the pump lucky the pumps are not to much money and how do they break and why?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:16 AM

03 E55
I don't think its the pump because I did not go full lock I mite have at the start and the pump sounds good ill drive around and see if its air if not then ill change the pump lucky the pumps are not to much money and how do they break and why?
It can just go out from normal wear. If it goes out from normal wear it and be rebuilt and is a cheap diy. When I bought my c55 I had 134k mi. The power steering pump would make some noises on sharper turns. The first time I messed it up was during a drifting session. My steering wheel locked and was really hard to turn. I left my car at the parking lot to pick up my friend so he can look at it. I went back to it after like 2-3 hours and it worked perfectly fine, I was actually really shocked. on my way home I stopped at another parking lot and did some donuts then I busted the pump. With that being said you will most likely need a new pump. Make sure to get one with warranty it really helps if you bust it again lol.
AtlasMG (06-02-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 PM

Ya The more and more I drive it the more I think it is the pump do you have any pumps you would recommend?
Old 06-03-2017, 02:09 AM

03 E55
Ya The more and more I drive it the more I think it is the pump do you have any pumps you would recommend?
Got mine from autohausaz. Descent price $250 with 2 year warranty.
AtlasMG (06-03-2017)