Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Extended Warranty

Just purchase my extended warranty for my C32. I went to my local dealership, to get a quote and they quoted me a little over 3k. That's alot of money. I called the MB dealership where I puchased my car and I was quoted for the regular C class warranty by mistake. Since I was quoted for the C class warranty they gave me the warranty at the C class rate which is roughly 2400.00 dollars. I did not know they had separate extended warranty rates for AMG cars and regular MB cars. I'm just glad I didn't have to spend 3k. Let me know what you guys paid for your extended warrranty. I heard the rates are going up in a couple of months.

I was debating on purchasing the warranty, but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry. Let me know what you guys think about the warranty.

Last edited by Rareamg; 04-25-2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
What company is your warranty with, what are the terms (years/mileage), and what is you deductible?
Old 04-25-2004, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Thumbs up C32 Extended Warranty

As Rareamg indicated, the warranty for an AMG car is supposed to be more expensive... though parts are different that in normal vehicles and therefore a bit more expensive, it is mainly "profit" to charge extra for an AMG extended warranty... all those "little" details are the things dealerships make their "extra buck".

My two cents on this: I did purchase the largest maintenance agreement that MB offers, I think is up to 10 years and 100k miles. Mileage is not a problem as I have a car that is right now 16 years old (1989 Cadillac DeVille.. yeah the boat design…lol) which has just broken the 60 thousand mile mark last month..an average of 400 miles approximately per month that would make it an average of probably what any of you guys drive on any given week! x 16 years!....... the warranty is through M Benz directly which they sub-contract with some 3rd party co --if you want the complete info, I will have to look into my paperwork--. When I purchased my vehicle, I had prior of even ordering the car, had gone through the entire exercise of "weather guard" application costs (clear Teflon coating, which is not required, is just pure request on my part.. you guys have probably seen the demonstrations on car shows where people spill coffee or milk on the carpet of a car, then you just wipe it off... well.. Teflon is was applied to the exterior and interior of my car... I just love it! – the application of weather guard (or whatever you may want to call it) is done twice a year by the dealership for the following 5 years (that is how the package was sold to me). Like most insurances out there, you can choose your deductible among the choices M Benz offers.. the lowest deductible was I think 70 or 100 bucks (that is US Dollars) and the way is supposed to work, the first 35k miles or 5 years (might be 3 years instead of 5) the warranty that kicks in first is the original M Benz one, there after the either 35k (or 55k, I don’t recall which) and/or 3 (or 5 years), the other warranty kicks in… . The warranty is supposed to cover anything and everything, except stupidity like “I ran into a tree” or something that is not mechanically wrong with the car…

Costs for mine were about about 2200 bucks (originally it is about 3k... that is where you used your "negotiating skills ... same with the TeleAid... if you purchased it for all 7 years or 10 I think, if was like a thousand bucks... if you pay it per year is like 240 per year... you do the math, but if you want the tele aid to always work.. it is best to purchased it when you get your car...)

Purchasing a warranty would mean, you are keeping the car for about 10 years aprox… and/or you drive soo many miles that your car in less than 5 years will be out of “range” for M Benz’s original warranty to cover the vehicle… if you are leasing your car with plans to get rid of it… and or you don’t plan to keep it longer than 10 years.. then you may be wasting your money… (and you may defer on this personal opinion of course

Front driver's side view:

Front pasenger's side view:

Wiedermann
Old 04-25-2004, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I purchased the standard MB WARRANTY for the amg no deduct i think I will verify.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New Price on extended warranty

C32 AMG extended warranty price 3400.00 expensive
Old 04-26-2004, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Extended Warranty

Mr Rareamg:
In addition to my "two cents" already posted... if there is an option for "no deductible", you can be sure that is the one I chose... rarely I needed to use any extended warranty I have, or insurance that I have... I think the insurance for my cars is the one where I have a deductible and I get them confused... (my car insurance company does not have a "no decductible option, so I chose the lowest deductible possible, I think is 10 bucks).

The extended plan I chose is the one that has the largest coverage and time (years) and mileage possible... though --as I mentioned-- I rarely get to use those plans, if I ever do; or better said... when I do use it, normally that single time pays for the whole plan....

I've used the TeleAid once or twice and like "Onstar" for GM vehicles, the service is very good... I had once a light on the panel for the break sensor or ESP that turned on, I used the TeleAid service (which turned out to be a "non-emergency" situation as the tele aid rep indicated to me then)... later, when I took the car to the dealership and a check up was done, it turned out to be the ESP sensor went "hey-wired!" which caused the light to go on... again... my car sitting in the garage most of 2003 was probably the cause... C32s are meant to be driven!!!! not to sit in a garage I was told... . Though I have paid the TeleAid service for as long as it was possible from the day I purchased the car, still Mercedes Benz sends me a "nice" 3 bucks charge per minute when used the TeleAid service... same if the TeleAid service called you!!!... that kinda sucks as GM's "Onstar" normally gives you (or used to in 2002) 30 minutes every month free included with their plan...

Another thing as a reminder... as I mentioned also on my previous posting... the price is not necesarily set... I remember the day I was paying for the vehicle the dealer trying to stick their retail costs on the extended warranty... about what you posted... however, if you negotiate and if the dealer wants, they can give you the same warranty for almost half of the reatil costs... if just a matter so negotiate with them

Wiedermann's C32 Front end of car with mounted license plate frame match painted to car color (originally C32's license plate frame comes in standard black color)

Wiedermann
Old 04-26-2004, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the feedback Mr Wiedermannn appreciate it!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
California C32s meeting on 05-01-2004!

Mr Rareamg!:
Mr Silva32 (Jerry) and I are planning to meet next Saturday May 1st, 2004 in Santa Barbara.. If you are in the Los Angeles area and if you can make it, it would be nice to have all 3 C32's.. each has its own unique look, set up and "toys" attached . Let me see if you will be able to make it!

Wiedermann's C32:

Rear View:

You can email me if you have any questions to:Wiedermann@aol.com

Wiedermann
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Weidermann,

What do all these pictures of your car have to do with "Extended Warranties" I've seen these pictures in at least 10 other posts. Enough already.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Pics removed

Mr Zeppelin:

Pics have been removed for any future postings

Wiedermann
Old 04-26-2004, 01:33 PM

C32
The standard rate is in fact 3400 dollars, regardless of what AMG model it is. Makes sense? Doubtful - an S class ext warranty costs less...

The dealers mentioned the rate for the ext warranty is non-negotiable but it doesn't sound like it's the case. Suggestions?
Old 04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Yes......more $$$. The extended warranty for the V12 or any AMG is more.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by ultraseven
The standard rate is in fact 3400 dollars, regardless of what AMG model it is. Makes sense? Doubtful - an S class ext warranty costs less...

The dealers mentioned the rate for the ext warranty is non-negotiable but it doesn't sound like it's the case. Suggestions?
Call Lisa Marie Lehrbaum (use the search) at Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA. They are an authorized dealer and negotiated with me on the extended warranty.

Good luck
Old 04-26-2004, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
C32 Extended Warranty

As I mentioned in other postings on this thread, I purchased my warranty at a lower price than the retail price. All the "price negotiation" was done months before I even had the car delivered to me... therefore, when the car arrived, I just went and wrote the check (ended up being more like 3 checks at the end of the ordeal, as the guy in charge of the paperwork just didn't know how to "add" numbers)

At the day of delivery and at the time of payment, still there was "some" conversation with finance about the extended warranty as the dealer tries to "explain" you their costs etc, etc... however, since this was a pre-arranged price months before when I ordered the car, they (dealership) ended up respecting their original offer.

Once you bought your car and drove it off the lot, sometimes the game changes a bit as you are the owner of the car... still, you should be able to negotiate

Wiedermann
Old 04-28-2004, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Warranty price

Hey Fellas,
I purchased the warranty for 2380.00 with a zero deduct extends the warranty to 36 months or 100k miles. Total warranty is 7 years. i lucked out on getting the C class rate.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Re: Warranty price

Originally posted by Rareamg
i lucked out on getting the C class rate.
Understatement