C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Harman Kardon System not working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-benz C55 AMG
Harman Kardon System not working.

I have a 2006 mercedes c55 with a Harman kardon system and when I got the car in the trunk everything was disconnected. After a couple hours I got everything connected but no sound so I tried different things out still nothing. I checked the fuse and I tried reseting the system buy taking the fuse out and turning car off for 15 mins and after all the stuff I found online nothing worked. So I checked to see if power was going to amplifier and it was so I thought it was a bad amplifier got a new one and it still does not work. Even after installing the new one I did all the steps to troubleshoot and nothing works. If you want pictures of anything just ask.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 C55 RENNtech
These are know for amp issues.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by AtlasMG
I have a 2006 mercedes c55 with a Harman kardon system and when I got the car in the trunk everything was disconnected. After a couple hours I got everything connected but no sound so I tried different things out still nothing. I checked the fuse and I tried reseting the system buy taking the fuse out and turning car off for 15 mins and after all the stuff I found online nothing worked. So I checked to see if power was going to amplifier and it was so I thought it was a bad amplifier got a new one and it still does not work. Even after installing the new one I did all the steps to troubleshoot and nothing works. If you want pictures of anything just ask.
there's a reason why amp in trunk was disconnected when you bought the car.
seller probably pulled a fast one on you so you couldn't test the stereo when you inspected this car before purchase.

did you ask seller before purchase why all plugs were disconnected?
what was seller's lame excuse?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:47 PM

Sound system

Sorry for long replay busy weekend
Old 03-04-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by kowalski
there's a reason why amp in trunk was disconnected when you bought the car.
seller probably pulled a fast one on you so you couldn't test the stereo when you inspected this car before purchase.

did you ask seller before purchase why all plugs were disconnected?
what was seller's lame excuse?
I got the car on action so no seller and I checked if power is going to amp and it is so I thought the amp broke and everyone says they go out so I bought a new amp and put it in and nothing no sound still so I think it's not the amp and after I posted this I went and took the radio out to see if maybe they did something with it but everything looks fine. Plus everything seems to work GPS radio work so it's something with just the sound.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
did you connect to star to see what's screwed up with audio system?

maybe it's an easy problem like bad ground or blown speakers?
worst case scenario, someone cut wires for audio?

final thing, did you check fuse box?
Old 03-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by kowalski
did you connect to star to see what's screwed up with audio system?

maybe it's an easy problem like bad ground or blown speakers?
worst case scenario, someone cut wires for audio?

final thing, did you check fuse box?
What do you mean buy connect to star? And yes I checked the fuse box and I had some of them taken so I replaced them and checked all of them. The wires look fine in the trunk I took everything out and looked at them and I noticed that I have 2 wires in glove box one orange and it's just there and one that has a connector but I think it's for cd changer.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 amg
The CD changer is part of the audio fiber loop. You won't have sound of any of the following have a problem. Headunit, CD magazine, and amplifier. Replaced the whole system in mine since the loop fails a lot. Therefore I have each piece if you need one or all, they worked when removed.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Haakon
The CD changer is part of the audio fiber loop. You won't have sound of any of the following have a problem. Headunit, CD magazine, and amplifier. Replaced the whole system in mine since the loop fails a lot. Therefore I have each piece if you need one or all, they worked when removed.

Oh really If i dont have the CD changer in the glove box it will not work thats crazy. I can post a picture of the glove box and the trunk.

I

This is the glove box it has a wire and the fiber optic cable

this is a connector in the trunk that i dont know what it goes to

and I have this connector in the trunk and i dont know where it goes to.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:58 PM

Oh I forgot to mention I called mercedes info from the car and I got connected to a guy and I could hear him from the speaker in the middle of the dash I don't know if that means anything but weird.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 amg
That audio fiber loop is called the most loop. The fiber is wired in series so you take out 1, you have to bridge the gap to allow it to work. For seeing if that fixes your issue you can get a most loop bypass. The blue connector in the trunk is an antenna wire and two are for the radio and 1 for the gps I believe. If I remember correctly there was a couple boxes that were mounted by the passenger tail light that have this connection. The last cable I have no clue. When I get home next week I could get back there and look however, I have modified many of connections back there so someone else might be better help. As for the speaker working if that system doesn't go through the headunit then it would work. I do know that 4 wires, 2 pairs, run to that speaker don't know if that has anything to do with it working but 1 pair could be for that system.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Haakon
That audio fiber loop is called the most loop. The fiber is wired in series so you take out 1, you have to bridge the gap to allow it to work. For seeing if that fixes your issue you can get a most loop bypass. The blue connector in the trunk is an antenna wire and two are for the radio and 1 for the gps I believe. If I remember correctly there was a couple boxes that were mounted by the passenger tail light that have this connection. The last cable I have no clue. When I get home next week I could get back there and look however, I have modified many of connections back there so someone else might be better help. As for the speaker working if that system doesn't go through the headunit then it would work. I do know that 4 wires, 2 pairs, run to that speaker don't know if that has anything to do with it working but 1 pair could be for that system.
Hey so I took a better look at the trunk and I found 2 fiber optic cables one of them has a connector and the other has nothing its just there and idk where it would go because I connected the fiber optic cable with the sound note taped to it.

This is how the trunk looks like atm I have to boxes on the side and the AMP on the floor

This is the connector that I have no clue what it goes to and it looks like it goes inside the car.

I have this fiber optic cable just doing nothing has not connector and I cant find one it goes to and this one goes into the inside of the car to.

and is this the Loop bypass youre talking about and where does ti connect to the AMP?

Thank you so much for your help I really want the system to work and I dont want to spend lots of money buy taking it to a shop and sorry about how little I know.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:23 PM

I did get it Fixed it was that connector I got myself the loop and it works fine thanks to everyone that helped.