C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

How to make the transmission more sporty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-benz C55 AMG
How to make the transmission more sporty

I have bin driving my c55 for about 2 or 3 weeks and I noticed when I do a pull and let off the car up shifts right after I would like it to hold the gear longer. My cousin when he does it on his mercedes it holds the gear for a long time then shifts but mine does it right away. Do I need to not let off all the way or what do I do because sometimes it holds the gear but most of the time it shifts up right away any tips for making the transmission hold the gear longer and not up shift so fast.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Put it in M
Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Viper98912
Put it in M
I don't want to shift it myself
Old 05-09-2018, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
I would start by disconnecting the battery for minimum of 15 minutes.

Make sure you leave a window open in case you accidentally close the hood.

When you connect it back up take the car out for a good drive and drive it a bit aggressive.

I was told disconnecting the battery resets the shifting points and when connected back up, the trans has to re learn your driving style. These are adaptive transmissions.

Make sure you are not smoging your vehicle in the next 100~ miles after connecting the battery, you will most likely not pass.
The following users liked this post:
AtlasMG (05-15-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 11:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2001 ML55 Designo, 2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by PJmak

When you connect it back up take the car out for a good drive and drive it a bit aggressive.

I was told disconnecting the battery resets the shifting points and when connected back up, the trans has to re learn your driving style. These are adaptive transmissions.

Make sure you are not smoging your vehicle in the next 100~ miles after connecting the battery, you will most likely not pass.
On the 32 it's as simple as a throttle reset. Put the key in second position, press the gas pedal for 5 or 10 seconds, turn key back into 1st position, and then start the car. There's some threads that say wait 2 minutes but it's reset immediately for me and very responsive. I reset throttle about 4-5 times a week because LA traffic makes my car sluggish . From what I remember there is no trans reset. I'm pretty sure a throttle reset could waken the shifting a bit. Try doing a throttle reset if you haven't done it already. If you have...well I leave it to the 55 owners. I don't think a tcu tune is worth it but that's me being cheeep
The following users liked this post:
AtlasMG (05-15-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 12:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh

On the 32 it's as simple as a throttle reset. Put the key in second position, press the gas pedal for 5 or 10 seconds, turn key back into 1st position, and then start the car. There's some threads that say wait 2 minutes but it's reset immediately for me and very responsive. I reset throttle about 4-5 times a week because LA traffic makes my car sluggish . From what I remember there is no trans reset. I'm pretty sure a throttle reset could waken the shifting a bit. Try doing a throttle reset if you haven't done it already. If you have...well I leave it to the 55 owners. I don't think a tcu tune is worth it but that's me being cheeep
Thanks for reminding me, ill do this in the morning. It seemed to help mine wake up.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by PJmak

I read about this I did a reset where you you have to hold pedal turn key and wait seemed to help ill try the battery one to.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
Once u do thnot throttle reset beat on car drive it hard,