C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Renntech C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LX470
Renntech C32

Hi everybody. I will be purchasing a C32 in the next couple months and I am interested in the Renntech package. Has anybody had any experience with this package that gives around 394hp? IS it worth it? Whats the performance on this badboy after? Thanks
Old 06-25-2004, 01:48 PM

stock is 349hp..crank.

Expect around 390hp witht he renntech upgrades. They are $$ though compared to what you can get from toher tuners.

With good launches and other many variables, im sure its a 12.6-12.9 1/4mile car
Old 06-25-2004, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
the package yeilds an average of a 45 to 50hp more to the crank and brings your torque up to about the same level of HP... my cousin dynod over 330whp with the ECU upgrade and Pulley kit, even with a broken intercooler. My cousins C32 with that upgrade pulled 12.8 @ 110mph on a set of nearly bald tires at the track in 50degree fah. weather a few months ago. I'll post some results after mine is done, dynod, and tracked. I will be doing the same upgrade to my C32 + tweaking with a few other things in the near future. JR, where r u located?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
for the same amount of money, you can go for evosport's powerkit. www.evosport.com you get mroe HP for the $$

i have their stage II kit, it works perfect!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
If you want more power...

Stick with RENNtech. I have driven other C32's with other tuners parts and well they do not feel quality. Throttle response becomes non linear and there are issues with toe in when driving in a track event setting.

Some tuners have great parts but I know that RENNtech has excellent quality upgrades. I see going with a less reputable or less well known tuner as a risk while companies like Carlsson, RENNtech, Brabus, and MKB are safe, tried and true.

Some tuners would do nothing to help you out in the even of a failure while others would take a hit to save their name and keep a customer for life. There is no explicit warranty with any modified car (sans Brabus who puts it in writing – what you get for a 8k pulley and intercooler pump) but a big company (RENNtech, Carlsson, MKB) with skilled engineers and links to the factory is always the way to go.

Its a AMG modified Mercedes Benz not a Ford Taurus SHO.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
my car runs perfectly fine and there hasn't been any issues with my car. of course i hope that there won't be any problems in the future. but, even in stock form.... there has been people with problems with their C32 anyway, sometimes it is really not the tuner's fault.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK32
Re: If you want more power...

Originally posted by CynCarvin32

Some tuners would do nothing to help you out in the even of a failure while others would take a hit to save their name and keep a customer for life. There is no explicit warranty with any modified car (sans Brabus who puts it in writing – what you get for a 8k pulley and intercooler pump) but a big company (RENNtech, Carlsson, MKB) with skilled engineers and links to the factory is always the way to go.
Sorry but I just have to roll on the floor over that one! I have NEVER had a major tuner step up to the plate to help deal with a problem in the 14 years that I have been driving modified cars. They will stand behind their parts but when it comes to dealing with the manufacturer, it is 100% up to you.

Now I must add that it is probably easier to deal with a major warranty issue with Renntech parts then a smaller tuner. That being said, I would go with the best system, not the best name.

My vote is for Evosport as they have taken the performance much further.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
The high-end tuners did not simply fall out of the sky and on to our doorstep. It takes many years of hard work and excellent products to build a name and a loyal client base. I would argue that it is especially difficult in the arena of the aftermarket tuner industry. The customer's desires for more HP have to be couched with OEM levels of reliability because that is what they demand. Customers don't want to compromise, its not in our nature. We want the car to perform at the levels of factory reliability with all the benefits of increased performance. That being said, RENNTech's "name" that you mentioned was built on this philosophy. So the RENNTech upgrades do not yield the same levels of HP and torque as the Evosport kit, big deal. At the end of the day, I want the piece of mind of knowing that the unwavering dedication of RENNTech to pursue reliable HP gains is under my hood, not some rushed to market chip with holes in the software or a pulley without a balancer.

My vote is for RENNTech, I mean c'mon they guy who runs it worked for AMG in the 80's, doesn't get more reputable than that.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Re: Re: If you want more power...

Originally posted by CarlJ

I tend to look at lap times for cars to see if they are actually as fast as the dyno may say. Look around...there are some posts about that if I recall. And I am not a pro driver either
Old 06-25-2004, 11:17 PM

LX470
Thanks everybody. BenzoAMGpower- I am located in Cincinnati. The reason I asked this question was that I was just surfing the net looking for upgrades more my future C32. I came upon renntech and evosport. I have a friend with a new E55 with renntech upgrades, his car is super quick. Another friend drives a E39 M5 and a E49 M3. I need a practical car which can keep up with these guys. I drive a E34 M5 right now with a few dinan upgrades. (I know this is a mercedes board) I always had a passion for BMW but recently I been feeling the new AMG's. I test drove a E55 last week and planning for a test in the new C55 soon. These new monsters are insanely practical with a low profile sports car built in. Anyways. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally posted by AMGJr.
Thanks everybody. BenzoAMGpower- I am located in Cincinnati. The reason I asked this question was that I was just surfing the net looking for upgrades more my future C32. I came upon renntech and evosport. I have a friend with a new E55 with renntech upgrades, his car is super quick. Another friend drives a E39 M5 and a E49 M3. I need a practical car which can keep up with these guys. I drive a E34 M5 right now with a few dinan upgrades. (I know this is a mercedes board) I always had a passion for BMW but recently I been feeling the new AMG's. I test drove a E55 last week and planning for a test in the new C55 soon. These new monsters are insanely practical with a low profile sports car built in. Anyways. Thanks for the input.
well, you all kno where my vote lies.. but besides the point...

The E34 M5 has plenty of potential, theres one here putting out over 600whp on a daily driver. But if u want a newer car with lots of good tuning options and is already faster tehn the E46 and E39, I would go with the C32 over the C55. The C55 has more pimp factor and i feel the AMG engineers concentrated more on the on suspension dynamics rather then straight line performance. In warmer weather, i predict the C55 and C32 to be equally as fast, but as temperatures dip lower, the C32 gets much faster then the C55. Also, there are much more tuning options on a low compression supercharged V6, rather then a high compression n/a V8. Go with the C32, you cant go wrong!!!
Old 06-26-2004, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Re: Re: If you want more power...

Originally posted by CarlJ

I tend to look at lap times for cars to see if they are actually as fast as the dyno may say. Look around...there are some posts about that if I recall. And I am not a pro driver either
Old 06-26-2004, 08:16 AM

c32
enough

www.msnusers.com/ourmercedes
Old 06-26-2004, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Re: enough

Originally posted by my401
www.msnusers.com/ourmercedes
my401, will u be going to the Nopi Nationals in September? Im gunna be up there in the RENNTech/Nitto booth!!
Old 06-26-2004, 03:47 PM

c32
Would like to be there if possible...(need more info) However I've several trips inbetween now and then. Just one venture at a time. Having fun NOW!!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Sept 18th and 19th
Atlanta Motor Speedway
1500 Hwy 19 & 41
Hampton, GA 30228

Nopi Nationals!!!