C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Dyno set up question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG, 2001 SLK 320 Designo Copper
Dyno set up question

I am taking my 03 C32 to a Dyno shop for testing and am unsure of what I need to do to set the car up for this. Can anyone out there help me? (a self admitted FNG)
Old 07-21-2004, 03:31 PM

2004 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by flymd90
I am taking my 03 C32 to a Dyno shop for testing and am unsure of what I need to do to set the car up for this. Can anyone out there help me? (a self admitted FNG)
No preparation is required. The dyno shop should do everything (including removing engine cowling if present).

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Turn AC OFF. Don't just turn the air flow knob to 0, push the AC button to off (if you don't, it will give you slightly lower results)
2. Turn off traction control (ESP?)

BTW - if you have 93 Octane in your area, you can change a setting in the computer management system (maybe dyno shop has the hardware/software) to 93 octane instead of Base 91. It would be GREAT if you can do before and after runs on each setting to see the power difference. If you only have 91 octane in your area, obviously don't switch to 93.

DynoJet dynamometers are the standard these days in measuring power. The main reason is from one shop to the next (diff elevation, etc), these dynos produce very consistent results. As opposed to inertia dynos like dyno dynamics where user input error usually produces inconsistent data and poor accuracy.

If you are using a dynojet, check out my site, http://dynoperformance.com to compare your results to other vehicle dyno results...

Good luck and MAKE SURE to post the results
Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM

C32
Originally Posted by hantzis
1. Turn AC OFF. Don't just turn the air flow knob to 0, push the AC button to off (if you don't, it will give you slightly lower results)
I dont beleive that my car has that button. Would it help to turn the temperature to a hotter setting before setting the airflow to 0?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:54 PM

2004 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AaronC
I dont beleive that my car has that button. Would it help to turn the temperature to a hotter setting before setting the airflow to 0?
hmmm. strange. I know the 2002 C32 is a bit different with temp control. See if there is any way to turn AC off in the manual. If not, then I would tune the temp controls so heat is coming out, not AC.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:51 PM

2006 Corvette Coupe
You can shut off the AC compressor by toggling the EC button until the led lights up. EC = economy mode = A/C compressor off.

You should probably also engage the dyno mode.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by cschow
You can shut off the AC compressor by toggling the EC button until the led lights up. EC = economy mode = A/C compressor off.

You should probably also engage the dyno mode.
How do I engage the "Dyno" mode in a 03 model?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by hantzis
No preparation is required. The dyno shop should do everything (including removing engine cowling if present).

A few things to keep in mind:

2. Turn off traction control (ESP?)

BTW - if you have 93 Octane in your area, you can change a setting in the computer management system (maybe dyno shop has the hardware/software) to 93 octane instead of Base 91. It would be GREAT if you can do before and after runs on each setting to see the power difference. If you only have 91 octane in your area, obviously don't switch to 93.

DynoJet dynamometers are the standard these days in measuring power. The main reason is from one shop to the next (diff elevation, etc), these dynos produce very consistent results. As opposed to inertia dynos like dyno dynamics where user input error usually produces inconsistent data and poor accuracy.

If you are using a dynojet, check out my site, http://dynoperformance.com to compare your results to other vehicle dyno results...

Good luck and MAKE SURE to post the results
That's great info! I really appreciate it.

The place I found (through a Google search) uses a Mustang(?) Dynamometer model MD-AWD-500-SE. I have no idea if this is an inertia dyno or not. Anybody know of a good place in the DFW area to get this done? The place I found is in McKinney, Tx.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
you cant completely disable ESP by a click of a button... does anybody know how to put hte car in Dyno mode (this mode shuts off traction control or ESP completely)?? Theres a series of steps and sequence of buttons to press to do this!!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 PM

Alot of cars
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
you cant completely disable ESP by a click of a button... does anybody know how to put hte car in Dyno mode (this mode shuts off traction control or ESP completely)?? Theres a series of steps and sequence of buttons to press to do this!!
I like to know this as well. Someone with the correct info please chime in.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 AM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=dyno+mode
Old 07-22-2004, 09:51 AM

Thanks, Steve. That's great info!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
spank you, spank you very much :v