C32 + EVO STAGE II or....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
C32 + EVO STAGE II or....

M3 SMG... I dont know what to do... Love both cars, I know they are different, what i like about C32 is that its 4 door, it can be moded to 430 hp from Evosport. What i dont like is the interrior quality...

What i love in M3 is the looks, SMGII, interrior quality and handling..What i dont like is that it cannot be moded due to the S54 engine...

I love Fast cars, the car i will buy should be a daily driver all year long...I dont know what to do...

What would you do?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If ya like driving fast cars, then C32 is definitely is the way to go. Forced induction and better return on mods.

my 2 c
Old 08-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Almost a Member!

i was in the same situation for a while...

The only way u can mod an m3 to keep up with a modded C32 is a supercharger or turbo...I had a buddy that had about 500 or so hp with nitrous he had the stage 1 or 2 im not sure and 100 shot nitrous...he was taking vipers, Z06, m3 u name it.....even without the nitrous u can make the C32 very fast...M3 in reality cant even get over like 380hp or so without any major mod...telling u from experience me and my buddies share the M3, G35 and C32 all the time....and all these cars are fully moded..M3 always ends up last by alot...and if ur talkin about handling than of caorse m3 but i mean honestly u dont need such a good handling on the street..a C32 can handle the street just fine...i have the HnR kit on mines and it handles like a beast...lol
Old 08-11-2004, 01:38 PM

Depends on what you want. If you like straight-line acceleration, hands down, C32 would get my vote. If you have children or need to use the back seat, C32 again wins.

If you like performance driving, e.g., track/auto-x -- hands down -- SMG M3. The M3 will never be as fast as the C32 in a straight-line; but, in the hands of "equally skilled" drivers, C32 will always lose on a road course/auto-x course. The open diff just handicaps the vehicle.

The M3 has more of a raw and visceral feeling -- it gives good steering feedback. The C32 is more isolated. The M3 has better brake pedal feel and better throttle feel than the C32.

Both are great cars -- it depends on what you really want. I think SMG is fun and most people that have it, find it a blast to drive around with.

Besides -- having a car that is easily modifiable is not always the best -- just means you end up spending more money on mods.

IMO -- stop looking at either car in a 1320' situation, look more for what you want OVERALL. There will always be someone faster in a straight-line. It's nice to have a well-balanced car -- handles well, accelerates well, and brakes well.

Both cars can achieve that for you ... just depends how you are going to use it. Street-driving -- c32 would be more appropriate. Very fun spirited driving -- SMG M3 wins.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy a M3. 'Cause your threads look more annoying day after day. If I am not mistaken, you have been looking for a car for over a year now. This time last year, you said you ordered a E55, telling everyone how you will enjoy the car and how you will mod it. Last year came and gone, you didnt buy the E55. This year, you started "exploring" CLK55, C32......

If I were so serious in buying a car, it will take me 3 months at most to make my decision, not over 12 months and still running circles chasing my own tail.

Just buy whatever car that you can afford and feel comfortable with. Nobody in here can help you anymore because no matter what people say in here, you will think of another car to buy tomorrow and ask another set of questions all over again.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
yeah i know i know, but now i'm ready to BUY the car and it came down to 2 cars.... Harris i'm from Canada too... If i'll buy C32 is there any tuning shops like u have in Toronto? or i'll have to drive to Vancouver to tune it up?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
yeah i know i know, but now i'm ready to BUY the car and it came down to 2 cars.... Harris i'm from Canada too... If i'll buy C32 is there any tuning shops like u have in Toronto? or i'll have to drive to Vancouver to tune it up?
I know a MB dealership in Toronto who can do aftermarket mods for any Mercedes. Wait 'till you bought the car and I'll let you know the contact.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:18 PM
lap

2002 c32
Please send me that contact info..

Originally Posted by Harris
I know a MB dealership in Toronto who can do aftermarket mods for any Mercedes. Wait 'till you bought the car and I'll let you know the contact.
Harris, if you wouldn't mind. I'd also like to know who the neighbourhood "friendlies" are . You can email me directly @ lpspeedster@netscape.net

TIA
lap
Old 08-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Almost a Member!

I have to back up harris on this one....Ive read a million post saying ur gonna buy a new car ..lol make up ur mind..one more thing...if ur driving in a CLK55 how r u even thinking about gettin a WRX lol its just funny ...
Old 08-11-2004, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by loeplaya18
I have to back up harris on this one....Ive read a million post saying ur gonna buy a new car ..lol make up ur mind..one more thing...if ur driving in a CLK55 how r u even thinking about gettin a WRX lol its just funny ...
i drive ml55 and for WRX dunno it was just an idea, dont want it anymore...

Dont know m3 is nice and fast and c32 can be made faster.... what to choose..
Old 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM

C32
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
i drive ml55 and for WRX dunno it was just an idea, dont want it anymore...

Dont know m3 is nice and fast and c32 can be made faster.... what to choose..
Mr. Bob:
There is quite a difference between the M3, C32 and WRX. Do you want a sportier better handling and responsive 2 door, a rocket 4 door that can also turn into a luxury car if needed or a much lower quality but fast as heck econo-sport?

Depends on your needs and desires. I needed 4-doors and thus the C32. This should be a fairly simple question to answer, especially after test-driving.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Get a C32 with the evosport kit with headers and all....the car will be quick as ****tt
Old 08-13-2004, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
..used?

if you're buying brand new then let your needs dictate ....i have a family so i kinda wanted the c32 .........but anyway i was looking for low mileage used cars so i went looking and my deal turned up on a starmarked c32 could have been in an m3 but had concerns with engines and prices were a bit higher as well......actually tomorrow i should be test driving a 6spd m3 i post impressions. make sure you drive the cars that may solve your dilemma.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by AWDman
if you're buying brand new then let your needs dictate ....i have a family so i kinda wanted the c32 .........but anyway i was looking for low mileage used cars so i went looking and my deal turned up on a starmarked c32 could have been in an m3 but had concerns with engines and prices were a bit higher as well......actually tomorrow i should be test driving a 6spd m3 i post impressions. make sure you drive the cars that may solve your dilemma.

Well i'm going to buy a used car with low milage, I just got married no kids for now, so i wouldnt mind a coupe, my wife on the other hand says buy a 4 door, What i want from a car is a rocket acceleration to a 100 km/h and great pull at any speed range(which m3 doesnt have), I also need to drive it at the winter.... I like C32 but my concern is that it is kinda not as roomy as m3 in the driver area or i might be mistaken... I will be test driving one next month... i've driven M3 with SMGII (SMG ROCKS) and i like the way it drives i like the interrior of it, and I LOVE the exterrior of it,the only thing i dont like is that engine of the m3 is very unreliable.

P.S C32 with brabus wheels looks so Sick!!! :v