C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Aux for C55 Command?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux for C55 Command?

in the 2005 c55's with navigation, there is an aux input, does anyone know from where you can access this aux input? ive hears some peopel say it is behind the head unit and others say it is in the glove box off to the side. (ive also got the 6 cd changer.) if it is in the glove, is it a wire which is just sitting there and all i need is a special wire and everythign is good to go? im debating between installing a dvd player for use with the stock nav screen or maybe an ipod or creative labs mp3 player. i assume both ways i simply use the aux, but with the dvd i would have to install an actual dvd player because i doubt the dvd command slot can play dvd movies. anyway, i just wanted to know how i would go about doing all that and if the wire is just sitting there and/or how hard it is to install them specifically for the 2005 c55. thanks so much guys, honestly, greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
I heard it is near the glove box cd changer , but I never did have a chance to look at it. The aux seems to be the best option for plugging MP3 audio playback devices, despite the fact that an audio cable has to stand out somehwere. Othe means of playback of external audio through the car stereo is either try the iPOD 's radio transmitter option, which broadcasts the iPOD audio signals inside the car, and that the car radio tuner can pick up the signals. I wish someone here who has tried this and tell us what the quality of the iPOD audio is. I once bought a Korean made cassette tape look-alike MP3 audio player, which I can insert it into my other car 's cassette unit and play back the MP3 like a cassette ! But I was never able to align the cassette tape "head" with the the car cassette player.

The best way is still if the DVD player can playback MP3 files on CD. But this feature is not on my C55's DVD player.

cnt
Old 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Almost a Member!

yeah, neither does my c55 (play mp3 cd's in the dvd player). i just to be able to hook up an ipod or soem other mp3 player without having to cut hings, strip wires, open up the car, etc. if there is a wire just sitting there in the glove box that i can use a wire to plug in an mp3 player, that would be beautiful.

and im so jealous! my mom just a new s500 and her nav has dvd video built in. just throw in a cd and watch a dvd movie... dammit! i want that, i think in my case i have to take out the head unit and go through a whole dvd player and wires and what-not to watch a dvd movie on my screen. grrrrrrr, lol.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by Jedi Esq
and im so jealous! my mom just a new s500 and her nav has dvd video built in. just throw in a cd and watch a dvd movie... dammit! i want that, i think in my case i have to take out the head unit and go through a whole dvd player and wires and what-not to watch a dvd movie on my screen. grrrrrrr, lol.
wonder have you read any threads here that any C owners replaced the stock stereo by other brands, while still maintain the volume and channel controls on those buttons on the stering wheel?
I am tempted to replace my stereo as it is not a commander , nor it is a navigation system , and I do not have a built in mobile phone like I used to have on the W210.
So I am tempted to replace the stereo to an advanced Japanese made DVD+MP3 and even a Hard Disk Audio player!

cnt
Old 09-28-2004, 01:24 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
yeah, neither does my c55 (play mp3 cd's in the dvd player). i just to be able to hook up an ipod or soem other mp3 player without having to cut hings, strip wires, open up the car, etc. if there is a wire just sitting there in the glove box that i can use a wire to plug in an mp3 player, that would be beautiful.

JEDI ESQ..

have you been brave enough to try to play a DVD movie in the C55's Navi system and see if it works??
Old 09-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Almost a Member!

yup, put the dvd in the dvd command nav slot, cd slot, and in the cd changer, did the same with an mp3 cd... nothing, lol, dammit.

another question: with this glove box aux thing: could i just to test it out, hook up my home dvd player to it and it would work? ive got a plug in my garage so that solves the power issue. would that work? what would i need? what would i plug into aux to use my home dvd player?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:41 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
yup, put the dvd in the dvd command nav slot, cd slot, and in the cd changer, did the same with an mp3 cd... nothing, lol, dammit.

another question: with this glove box aux thing: could i just to test it out, hook up my home dvd player to it and it would work? ive got a plug in my garage so that solves the power issue. would that work? what would i need? what would i plug into aux to use my home dvd player?
BLASPHEMY!!! :p
Old 09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Wait a sec: is the aux input for the US c55 navigation in the glove box only an AUDIO input?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:24 PM

C55 AMG
Its Audio
Old 09-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Almost a Member!

ok, the c55 already had the aux jack installed, i thouhgt i had to install it myself, great! i plugged in my mp3 player and it worked. now... (lol i sware im never satisfied!) how do i use the car controls to control the mp3 player. it is about time i get a new mp3 player so if the ipod has something such as an icelink?? that can get me to use the controls i will get that. anyone know how or if this is possible? thanks alot all.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:48 PM
pam

2005 C55 AMG (as of October 2004) 2004 BMW X5 4.4i
For the electronically challenged, can you tell me how you found the aux input, and how exactly to hook up an ipod to it? Were you able to control it via the steering wheel controls?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
can someone here be helpful to tell us where exactly the AUX inputis on the C55?
Old 10-02-2004, 12:15 AM

NA
Here is the complete guide!

Ok the Auxiliary port is in the glove department on the right side when you open it. It has a hole which you plug in a mini jack which is a headphone jack cable into it. You need to buy a male head phone jack to male head phone jack cable. I included a picture of it look below. One end plugs into the port in the glove department and the other hooks up to the headphone port of the ipod. Then to actually play it from the nav, go to the audio menu, if u are in the radio mode, click the bottom right side button. And u will see the back button appear, click it then go to AUX, its the top right button next to the screen. Play a song on the iPod and u have music!

Old 10-02-2004, 05:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by djx18
Ok the Auxiliary port is in the glove department on the right side when you open it. It has a hole which you plug in a mini jack which is a headphone jack cable into it. You need to buy a male head phone jack to male head phone jack cable. I included a picture of it look below. One end plugs into the port in the glove department and the other hooks up to the headphone port of the ipod. Then to actually play it from the nav, go to the audio menu, if u are in the radio mode, click the bottom right side button. And u will see the back button appear, click it then go to AUX, its the top right button next to the screen. Play a song on the iPod and u have music!

djx
You the great man ! The photo tells !
Thank you so much for your time and patience
I am gonna try tonite
cnt
Old 10-02-2004, 11:12 PM

I had a whining noise so they had my s/c replaced at around 10kmiles. I don't recomment you change it. My car's never been the same ever since those A-holes touched it. I don't think more than 5% of the mechanics at these dealers know what they're doing.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
I could not find the aux input
Old 10-05-2004, 12:40 AM

NA
Maybe European C55's dont have the aux port?

Maybe European C55's dont have the aux port?