C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What goes here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG, Discovery 2, M340i
What goes here?

Slowly working on my c32 amg and trying to track down some missing connections one I know goes from the secondary air injection system but don't know where it's supposed to go the second it looks like my ic pump has a spot for maybe a vacuum line that isn't connected is that a issue. Car has some decent low end torque but up top 90% of the time it feels like 200 maybe 250hp but hard to know I've never owned this car running perfect and always had 500+hp sedans

I should also note after a while of idling or even a short drive the supercharger top gets so hot I can't even touch it for more than a second once again don't know if that's normal behavior
IC Pump

Secondary Air Injection

Last edited by Inneedofauserna; 09-03-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:24 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
The elbow on the ic pump is a vent hose that goes nowhere. The blue check valve should be connected to a vacuum line from the intake manifold.

Old 09-04-2023, 10:01 PM

asdas
You should be able to make out in the pic below that the blue check valve is connected to a rubber vacuum line coupler to a hard vacuum line yellowish in color that runs underneath the supercharger towards the rear of the engine. See if that line is dangling under your supercharger. Hopefully you can just reconnect it.

Old 09-05-2023, 10:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
The first photo is the SC coolant pump and I have no idea why someone would put that elbow pipe on the back of the pump. There is a little nipple on the back of some of these pumps but nothing comes out of its just what looks like a gate from the injection mold process. The vacuum line diagram should help with the other stuff. Make sure you have the blue check valve direction correct.
Old 09-10-2023, 04:10 PM

This is the current state of those lines. It looks like the only line that goes to the back in that spot is already connected

Old 09-11-2023, 08:37 AM

asdas
Looks to me like some idiot didn't route the vacuum lines correctly. I provided a pic already. The differences between the pic I posted and how yours is setup should be apparent. The secondary air valves are supposed to be actuated by the solenoid, not straight engine vacuum. This info is also in the pic I posted above. Sigh. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2023, 04:14 PM

Thanks you have been very helpful. I do see the differences between the routing so If I route everything to that picture where is the original spot that upper supercharger line supposed to go. I see lots of pictures online it looks like it routes somewhere under the intake manifold is that correct.

Originally Posted by brauhaus313
Looks to me like some idiot didn't route the vacuum lines correctly. I provided a pic already. The differences between the pic I posted and how yours is setup should be apparent. The secondary air valves are supposed to be actuated by the solenoid, not straight engine vacuum. This info is also in the pic I posted above. Sigh. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
The photo with the red line going across the SC should land at the bottom left switchover solenoid, the circled photo is the U shaped rubbed pipe that would have gone on the solenoid to allow you to connect the tube to it that you have on the right side red line phone.
The one going across the top of the supercharger should go under the supercharger and not over the top of it. Its correct but is normally routed under and then connects at either location you have it.