Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
New for iPod users... iCruze

http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr..._11_icruze.asp
Old 11-03-2004, 08:59 PM

2001 C320 (Sold), 2006 CLS 55 AMG Capri blue/cashmere beige (April Delivery)
Thanx for sharing this info, but is it out yet? And where can I find it?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 PM

C55 AMG
They say "available this fall".

You can contact Monster Cable on where to buy this item

http://www.monstercable.com/iCruze/
Old 11-03-2004, 09:25 PM

BMW E60 M5 / C55 AMG
Anyone tried this already? Does it work well? Where did you buy it? o and how much? Thanks for info!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 PM

I'm not sure I would choose this over say an iTrip, a cassette adapter or the like (if I had a mini, Belkin's new TuneBase would be pretty attractive); and I think a line-in like on COMAND equipped models is still the best solution. The benefits I see are that you don't have to clog up your power point and you don't have to worry about radio inteference. However, the negatives are that you have to give up either a cd changer or sat radio, you only have rudimentary control through the head unit and steering wheel controls, and that box has to go somewhere, taking up space. It's not any more or less conspicuous than an iTrip/cassette adapter would be, either. Plus, it's quite expensive: $200 + installation.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:47 PM

BMW E60 M5 / C55 AMG
Originally Posted by RohithT
I'm not sure I would choose this over say an iTrip, a cassette adapter or the like (if I had a mini, Belkin's new TuneBase would be pretty attractive); and I think a line-in like on COMAND equipped models is still the best solution. The benefits I see are that you don't have to clog up your power point and you don't have to worry about radio inteference. However, the negatives are that you have to give up either a cd changer or sat radio, you only have rudimentary control through the head unit and steering wheel controls, and that box has to go somewhere, taking up space. It's not any more or less conspicuous than an iTrip/cassette adapter would be, either. Plus, it's quite expensive: $200 + installation.
I must disagree, Itrip is almost unusable in most mayor cities, the c55 with nav doesn’t have a cassette player (why would you need one anyway). I don’t find giving up my cd changer for a Ipod "dock" to be a disadvantage, its more like an upgrade (why would you even put cd's in the car if you have an Ipod hooked up to it?). I’m fairly positive the Icruze would easily fit below the passenger seat, away from sight, with virtually no space wasted. I currently have my Ipod connected via the aux port + belkin's cup holder (best setup I could come up with). It works very well, but its kind of dangerous to pick a new playlist and even harder to pick a specific song, specially if you are swerving thro traffic
On the other hand, it is much more expensive than the other Ipod hookup options. If it makes my driving safer, by allowing me to pick songs from my steering wheel and with my eyes on the road, then I'm willing to pay the $200 + installation any day. Besides $200 are about 6 full tanks of gas, or about 12-18 days of driving.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i'm using iTrip for my iPod mini right now.
i haven't used CD changer since...

i was thinking of gettin' this one to replace CD changer, but now i'm definitely gettin' iCruze instead! thx 4 the info!!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:55 PM

wow thats pretty expensive... macs are always expensive!