Eisenmann Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Eisenmann Exhaust Install

hi,

i'm picking up my eisenmann exhaust tomorrow. does anybody know what is involved in the install? or anybody who has it installed on a sedan (particularly v6), any pointers? i am going to try to install it with my friends, so i would like to know what is entailed. any cutting, or just straight bolt up? thanks
Old 11-23-2004, 10:54 PM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
You will have to cut the stock stainless system off and then clamp or weld the Eisenhaus unit in place. Not a hard job, but you do need the right tools (sawsall, torch, welder, file, etc) to do it effectively. Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:37 PM

a car
Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your exhaust from?
Old 11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
did you get the sport or the race?? Is it a resonator back or catback?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:09 PM

TCM - thanks for the info. will make note of that when installing. i will probably get around to it sometime next week.

RRevolution - got it from a local place in Bay Area called "Carlab".

BenzoAMGpower - it's the race-version. it's basically just a muffler w/ tips and a small pipe after. it fits in my trunk easily, it's that small. therefore, i think it's resonator-back ? i haven't really taken a look under the car yet, but i think my stock resonator will still be in place. i've heard the race version is loud, so i'm glad i'll have a resonator still :p

btw, does anybody know if the tips will melt my bumper at all? they're 83mm round, and do look significantly bigger than the stock oval-slash tips. i was thinking about going with the Eisenmann oval tips, cause AMG's have traditionally oval tips and M's have round tips...but i was not sure on the fitment.

will post pics and i will definitely take some videos maybe next weekend if i can get my camcorder to work...
Old 11-25-2004, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
There's a guy on Old County Road in Belmont with a small exhaust shop - I paid him $60 and he did mine in 20 minutes while I waited.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
Originally Posted by Frisco
There's a guy on Old County Road in Belmont with a small exhaust shop - I paid him $60 and he did mine in 20 minutes while I waited.
do you kno the contact number? and the shops name.. im going to install a exhaust tomorrow..so it cost 60 so install.. did you remove the resonator? ifso how does it sound... cuz im going to take out my resonator...thanx frisco..
Old 11-25-2004, 07:42 PM

xxbenzc230kxx what exhaust did you end up getting? w/o resonator should sound mean...
Old 11-25-2004, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't remember the guy's name - it was a while ago. The place was called Exhaust Works if I remember correctly. I still have the resonator - here's my clk with the Eisenmann: http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/eisenmann.mp3
Old 11-25-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is not yet completed
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
xxbenzc230kxx what exhaust did you end up getting? w/o resonator should sound mean...
imm get a custom magnaflow exhaust...it should come in tomorrow...so cant wait to put them on
Old 11-25-2004, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is not yet completed
I don't remember the guy's name - it was a while ago. The place was called Exhaust Works if I remember correctly. I still have the resonator - here's my clk with the Eisenmann: http://friscoreef.home.comcast.net/eisenmann.mp3
dang.. mang that sound mean.. haha im scared.. wow.. great sound..so this place is called exhaust works where are they located at?...thanx for the clip and info
Old 11-26-2004, 04:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

OMG! your exhuast made me smile! :p It sounds so badass! very mean! I love it! I cant wait to get my Eisenmann race oneday!
Old 11-26-2004, 01:41 PM

yeah frisco, your eisenmann is MEAN.

can't wait to get it installed next week. i will post pictures and hopefully some video clips. as well as do a write-up. xxbenzc230kxx and blackC230coupe...sounds great make sure to post pics and we can all compare sounds
Old 11-29-2004, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
yeah frisco, your eisenmann is MEAN.

can't wait to get it installed next week. i will post pictures and hopefully some video clips. as well as do a write-up. xxbenzc230kxx and blackC230coupe...sounds great make sure to post pics and we can all compare sounds
cant wait to see and hear it!! Im debating on whether getting the race or sport myself!!! I just dont want an annoying mumbling sound when im cruising on the highwya but i want a more aggressive sound when i going WOT!!
Old 12-01-2004, 06:41 PM

hello. time for an update. sorry to keep you guys waiting, but the exhaust is not on yet

so i said i would try it myself but it turns out that i would need to cut and possibly weld. i have no experience in this area so i decided i did not want to mess it up - i would take it to a shop. i scheduled an appointemnt at an independnet Mercedes repair shop, because my parents trust them a lot...it was scheduled for today. after dropping off the car, i got a call sayign they cannot do the install because they don't want to cut the stock muffler. he also said your routine midas wouldn't work because he said the install is more complicated. so...any ideas on a reputable muffler shop in the bay area that can do this install?

as a side note...some things i realized -

- the exhaust came with a small cylindrical adapter. the guy said that it is used because the Eisenmann piping is in fact bigger than the stock piping.

- the exhaust has etched on it "eisenmann - w203 c180-c320". i remember seeing AMGRider's and his said MB C32 AMG on it. yet other people's eisenmanns i have seen also have differently shaped mufflers. can anybody confirm that this is a C32 exhaust? i talked to the guy i bought it from and he said that it is indeed a C32 one and showed me the tracking number from Eisenhaus. i was just a little disconcerted to see that it said C180-C320, cause i paid significantly more for the C32 one. also, the fact that the pipng is different size is worrying. does anybody know if any other W203 models have bigger piping than the stock C32 pipng? i was always under the impression that the others' pipes were smaller...i hope this is true and that just eisenmann intended to make it bigger than stock specifically for the C32.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why don't you just go to that place I mentioned on the SM/Belmont border off 42nd Ave where I had mine done?

I wouldn't worry about the labeling thing - mine was labeled a little weird too (and I got mine direct from Eisenhaus) but it ended up being fine.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:19 PM

thanks frisco -

i will be going down to Exhaust Works as you mentioned. anybody i should ask for specificially, and who should i say referred me? i mean its just a simple exhaust install but maybe if they remember your eisenmann install they'll know how to do mine easily. thanks.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's basically just some one man shop - the owner plus an assistant. The guy probably won't remember me, so don't bother mentioning my name He claimed to have done a bunch of eisenmann installs - the basically just cut the pipe, hang the new one in the same place, and reconnect. They had no problems at all with mine (although I do want to go back and see if they can adjust the position slightly). Don't worry - he'll hook it up.