C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Darn car hit the fuel cutoff today!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn car hit the fuel cutoff today!!!

I was at a stop light and I gradually lay on the gas until about 3/4 of full throddle. It gets to redline but instead of shifting out of first, it slams into the fuel cutoff then shifts! That's a little disturbing!

Anyone else have this happen with their C55/C32??

Scott
Old 12-03-2004, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by sfrolich
I was at a stop light and I gradually lay on the gas until about 3/4 of full throddle. It gets to redline but instead of shifting out of first, it slams into the fuel cutoff then shifts! That's a little disturbing!

Scott
I must try that ...and see
Old 12-04-2004, 12:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche
Originally Posted by sfrolich

Scott

Yes, as a matter of fact it's happened to me several times... BUT.... after my transmission connector was replaced the problem ceased.... You're probably leaking tranny fluid bud (just like 50% of the C55 drivers in here).....
Eric....
Old 12-04-2004, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by EKaru
Yes, as a matter of fact it's happened to me several times... BUT.... after my transmission connector was replaced the problem ceased.... You're probably leaking tranny fluid bud (just like 50% of the C55 drivers in here).....
Eric....
I got this through the sales guy, so FWIW, he said the service manager said the C55 has some different type of connector than other C-series and isn't affected. Now why do I doubt that? After I take delivery tomorrow, I'm going to keep a watchful eye. BTW, how do they top off the fluid that leaked out on the C55, or did they?

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-04-2004, 01:51 AM

S63, 560SL
Originally Posted by noka
I got this through the sales guy, so FWIW, he said the service manager said the C55 has some different type of connector than other C-series and isn't affected. Now why do I doubt that? After I take delivery tomorrow, I'm going to keep a watchful eye. BTW, how do they top off the fluid that leaked out on the C55, or did they?

Rgds,
Norm
well no offense to your service manager is full of *****. I personally know of 2 (not including mine which would make it 3) C55's that have had the tranny leak. Its no big deal but the C55 is definetly effected.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
yes 100% true . Not only I heard many threads here about leaking. It happens to my C55 already - after I did not drive it for two weeks and it bleeding at the parking lot. No big deal really as it is a known fault about something like called the O-ring need to be replaced. This happens to many W203 as I heard. I am sending the car back to dealer for a fix next week.
Absolute no worry about this. Well, at least we known the engine cut off when tranny fuel is low. Probably if I leave my car unpaired, sooner or later I will encounter this cutoff experience

cnt
Old 12-04-2004, 06:05 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
were u in the manual mode? the manual mode for the C55 doesn't up-shift even if it hits the redline.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche

Rgds,
Norm

I have no idea how they topped off the fluid, but obviously that was done because I no longer have that shifting problem (so there was a considerable amt. of fluid that leaked out)....... Below are the items on the invoice from the fix...

Items on the invoice:
Lock Pin
Trans Fluid
Brk-Clean
Bushing
Guide bushing plug Adapter/Seals-Auto
Trans. R & R/Seal (13 PIN Electrical Connector)
Old 12-04-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
I just took delivery and they said they put the car on the lift and checked the tranny (even removed a plastic panel I think), just to give me some piece of mind. Bone dry. So, how long / how many miles before the leaks started ... or if you don't know that, how long before the shift problems started?

Rgds,
Norm

Last edited by noka; 12-04-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by FrankW
were u in the manual mode? the manual mode for the C55 doesn't up-shift even if it hits the redline.
Nope. I was in S mode.

Scott
Old 12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I been hitting the fuel cutoff alot in manula mode lately. I wish it shifted the seconed i press the lever. But the only way i have got my car to hit the fuel cutoff in S mode was when i am spinning alot with ESP off.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
... the only way i have got my car to hit the fuel cutoff in S mode was when i am spinning alot with ESP off.
Just so I'm sure I follow this ... is the fuel cutoff you are talking about the cutoff for when the stability system senses wheel slippage (i.e. combination of breaking at lower speeds and fuel cutoff at higher speeds), or are you referring to something else. I got confused when you said you hit the fuel cutoff with ESP off.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Just so I'm sure I follow this ... is the fuel cutoff you are talking about the cutoff for when the stability system senses wheel slippage (i.e. combination of breaking at lower speeds and fuel cutoff at higher speeds), or are you referring to something else. I got confused when you said you hit the fuel cutoff with ESP off.

Rgds,
Norm
I'm sure he means he just mashed the gas to the floor and spun the tires so fast that it banged into the fuel cutoff. Not really a problem with the car.

I on the other hand had a problem. I didn't spin the tires and was not in M mode but rather accelerated at a fairly fast pace and the transmission didn't shift into second gear until AFTER the engine redlined.

Scott
Old 12-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

Rgds,
Norm

The fuel cutoff in the way the ESP would cut the fuel and this way are the same. But this time ESP was off so it was not really a concern. This happened when i flored the car from a stop with esp off, the tires were spinning the whole first gear and right as it tried to shift in 2nd it hit fuel cut off, then shifted.

The funny thing is, speaking about fuel cut off. I just came back from a drive and was playing with the manual mode, and when i got off the highway it downshifted to 1st and i stopped then tried to merge into traffic and somehow i am so stupid and forgot i had it in manual mode and went to floor it make it in front of a car in time, and i see the tach at just under 7k rpm and feel the fuel cut off and i happened to have thought it was just not shifting right, so i floor it again and hit the fuel cutoff yet again and then finally realize i had it in manual so i shifted. The funny thing is, my gas was low, and the second i felt the fuel cut off my gas light went on. I cannot believe how stupid i am to hit the fuel cut off twice! I hope it cannot do any damage to anything.