C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

MKB vs Kleemann Performance Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
MKB vs Kleemann Performance Kit

I'm considering between MKB and Kleemann pulley Kit with ECU upgrade for my 03 C32. Any feedback is most welcomed. Cheers
Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 PM

C32 AMG
how much is th MKB kit and the kleemann kit? what are the respective claimed gains?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:18 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
i assume you're talking about pulley/ecu kits. MKB and Kleemann offer higher packages, MKB offers headers, cats, air filters, and cams. Kleemann offers cams additionally. but i will only talk about pulley/ecu kits for now. if i'm not mistaken the RENNtech uses the MKB kit. the kit with the Pulley and ECU is $3,495 and has claimed 394hp at 5700rpm, and 387lbs.ft at 2700-5000rpm. i would assume the MKB is very similar, though i am not sure about price. the Kleemann is $3,395 and has claimed 395hp at 5800rpm, and 372lbs.ft from 2000rpm on.

these are manufacturer quotes, and i have no experience with either. i am not aware of anyone who has the kleemann kit on the c32 yet. i know benzoamgpower seems very happy with the RENNtech kit. and there are some who are happy with the evosport kit. evosport has several stages but i am just referring to pulley/ecu thus far.

i am somewhat in the same boat, trying to decide b/t RENNtech, Kleemann, and Evosport pulley/ecu kits. i am weighing the pros and cons i have heard from owners (though haven't heard about Kleemann yet, but their extensive background with mercedes superchargers is appealing). not in a rush to get more power yet, though, so i am taking my time to decide.

i think all make very similar power.

for me, here is my thought process, based on what i've read. i may be misinformed by other posts, and i do not have any firsthand experience with any of the kits, so take my opinion and information as you wish...

evosport' benefits:
- local for me (in CA)
- internet product support group
- includes intercooler resovoir (important for me since i run 91 octane)
- lots of R&D for additional products
- several people have and are happy with it

kleemann's benefits:
- proven tuner
- extensive background with supercharging mercedes
- sorry, don't know much about the kleemann

RENNtech's (MKB) benefits:
- includes factory harmonic damper
- pulley is rubber i believe, so is supposedly easy on engine compared to aluminum i have heard
- has produced very fast 1/4 mile results
- several people have and are happy with it

hope i didn't start a flame war :p

Last edited by KompressorKev; 01-11-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:07 PM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Unhappy Pulley and ECU

Thanks for sharing.

Yes I'm referring to pulley kit with ecu reprogramming. I'm considering between these two packages:

Kleemann

Pulley with reprogrammed ecu. 395bhp and 500Nm. Euro 3230

MKB

Pulley, ecu and cam shafts. 395bhp and 490Nm. Euro 6600

Btw, MKB just replied my email. They say their kit must go with cam shafts.

I've just decided on the kleemann kit because of cost. Renntech is not available here
Old 02-21-2005, 12:33 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
any update? did you get the kit installed - if so, any impressions?

i think Kleemann is the right choice after reading some material on different pulley systems offered. they do retain the harmonic damper for reliability. in addition, their experience w/ twin-screw superchargers for all these years and having built a great reputation and company around their expertise w/ these superchargers must count for something. if i were to get a pulley system, i'd get the kleemann
Old 02-23-2005, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1313
Thanks for sharing.

Yes I'm referring to pulley kit with ecu reprogramming. I'm considering between these two packages:

Kleemann

Pulley with reprogrammed ecu. 395bhp and 500Nm. Euro 3230

MKB

Pulley, ecu and cam shafts. 395bhp and 490Nm. Euro 6600

Btw, MKB just replied my email. They say their kit must go with cam shafts.

I've just decided on the kleemann kit because of cost. Renntech is not available here
I don't know where you got your price for the MKB kit, but it is damn good, so I'd suggest you get it before they realize they misquoted you.

Wheelpower is the sole distributor of MKB and has the worst customer service ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they misquoted you, wouldn't be the first time hehe.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:21 PM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Mkb

Originally Posted by BrabusW203
I don't know where you got your price for the MKB kit, but it is damn good, so I'd suggest you get it before they realize they misquoted you.

Wheelpower is the sole distributor of MKB and has the worst customer service ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they misquoted you, wouldn't be the first time hehe.
That's double the price of Kleemann kit and you still say it's good? The quote was given by my local MKB dealer. Anyway I have settled for the Kleemann kit and running it right now. No regrets I must say
Old 02-27-2005, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1313
That's double the price of Kleemann kit and you still say it's good? The quote was given by my local MKB dealer. Anyway I have settled for the Kleemann kit and running it right now. No regrets I must say
Yep, double the price of the kleemann but it's comprised of way more components vs just a pulley.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:15 AM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Mkb

Originally Posted by BrabusW203
Yep, double the price of the kleemann but it's comprised of way more components vs just a pulley.
Nah, the Kleeman Kit comes with re-programmed ecu and a set of pulleys. The only additional item in MKB kit is cam shaft. I'm skeptical with aftermarket cams.

MKB has two kits available for C32:

395bhp: Cam shaft, pulleys and reprogram ecu: 6600 euros

426bhp: Cam shaft, pulleys, reprogram ecu and exhaust manifold: 9900 euros

I think you confused the 426 kit with the 395 kit.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:21 AM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Kleemann

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
any update? did you get the kit installed - if so, any impressions?

i think Kleemann is the right choice after reading some material on different pulley systems offered. they do retain the harmonic damper for reliability. in addition, their experience w/ twin-screw superchargers for all these years and having built a great reputation and company around their expertise w/ these superchargers must count for something. if i were to get a pulley system, i'd get the kleemann
Yes I had the Kleemann Kit installed earlier this month. Terminal speed in quarter mile improves by 2mph. I have traction problem off the line now with the improved power hence the 0-60 timing has increased. I'm quite satisfied with the results. Let me get a set of grippier rubbers and see if it improves the results further.

Yes Kleemann crank pulley has harmonic damper.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
actually RENNTech does not use the MKB kits... RENNTech has their own kits!!! If you want to confirm this, you can take a look at teh crank pullley on any RENNTech kit, you will see RENNTech laser etched/stamped on the pulley!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:27 PM

FX35 plus
I had MKB kits , feel very good & introduced it to friends.

Unfortunately friend's 2003 C32 performed not as expectation
something wrong in the ecu version,the 420 ps package
dyno under 320 rwhp
Many enthusiasts here try to help, but can do nothing about the MKB ecu while MKB insisted the ecu is ok.
I felt sorry to my friend, too.

Buying MKB,you need a powerful MKB dealer nearby in case.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:38 AM

C32, M3 SMG, VR-4, MR-S
Kleemann Crank Pulley

For the benefit of the members here. Here's a pic of a Kleemann Crank Pulley for C32
Attached Thumbnails MKB vs Kleemann Performance Kit-img_3980b.jpg