Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Dyno Charts HPSGEN1 C43

For those who asked, here it is:

Not even sure what the accepted correction method is. I've got SAE posted here which is the higher of the two. 360HP/380TQ just a hair over 4lbs boost. The STD correction which I have scanned at work peaked at 342HP and about 370TQ. Yes this is at the wheels. I think the reason Mario's car had less of a gain is that the MP90 isn't enough for the 5.5L maybe. I'm sure Mario will chim in about more. GregC ran into the same problem with his CLK55. His #'s were less than Mario's I belive. I think I may just be lucky and have a ringer! The kit was also orginally designed for the 4.3L motor anyway.The guy who helped me install it was also uber good as I've come to find out. In the begining we dynoed it twice as I was surprised of the gain also.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Charts HPSGEN1 C43-copyofhpsc43dyno.jpg  
Old 08-10-2006, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
For some reason the chart is big and clear on my computer...can't get it to post nice. I can email it to someone if they want. I can read them but I'm not sure about the rest of you. What surprised me the most was the torque curve. It's like a tow truck.

Last edited by NitrogenBalance; 08-10-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
What do you "estimate" total time ( hrs. ) for the install?Those #'s look nice !
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by C43AMG
What do you "estimate" total time ( hrs. ) for the install?Those #'s look nice !
It took 20 hours for this install. It was challanging for us. Keep in mind that 95% of the work was done by a tech who builds mainly Japanese motors, Supras, Evo's, and stuff like that. It was a learning curve for both of us during the install. Somone who works on mercedes could honestly have this up and running in half that time. If we were to install another one I could honestly say it would take around 10 maybe 12 hours. If there was a greater demand for these my Benz tech said he would install these all day. He loved it, and he stays clear of modification work.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
For those who asked, here it is:

Not even sure what the accepted correction method is. I've got SAE posted here which is the higher of the two. 360HP/380TQ just a hair over 4lbs boost. The STD correction which I have scanned at work peaked at 342HP and about 370TQ. Yes this is at the wheels. I think the reason Mario's car had less of a gain is that the MP90 isn't enough for the 5.5L maybe. I'm sure Mario will chim in about more. GregC ran into the same problem with his CLK55. His #'s were less than Mario's I belive. I think I may just be lucky and have a ringer! The kit was also orginally designed for the 4.3L motor anyway.The guy who helped me install it was also uber good as I've come to find out. In the begining we dynoed it twice as I was surprised of the gain also.
can't see it ,too small!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
can't see it ,too small!
PM me your email or something batman! Just kidding, I have abnormally good eye sight so I can read it. I'll email you both graphs. They are big and clear on my computer but get junked once I put them on photobucket.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:19 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
CHIME!!!!
Yes my blower is too small for the 5.5l but hopefully the with the before and after Aquamist is will increase my timming, octace, lower my IAT's and increase the HP/TQ. The parts have been ordered.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Cent
CHIME!!!!
Yes my blower is too small for the 5.5l but hopefully the with the before and after Aquamist is will increase my timming, octace, lower my IAT's and increase the HP/TQ. The parts have been ordered.
While those additions are great I would still find a way to increase the capacity or change that S/C Mario if possible!Because remember,Nitro can do the same thing which would be interesting.Mario,I just don't understand where HPS gets there HP claims for the 5.5L motor with their V1 kit.It's frustrating.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-11-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:07 PM

While those additions are great I would still find a way to increase the capacity or change that S/C Mario if possible!Because remember,Nitro can do the same thing which would be interesting.Mario,I just don't understand where HPS gets there HP claims for the 5.5L motor with their V1 kit.It's frustrating.
There is nothing I can do to increase the size of the blower or make the plumbing better. There is simply no room for anything extra. Really the only way I can get more powe is Chemical cooler, headers and a good ECU dyno tunning. 400whp is possible with tq over 430. I could get the HP out of Vortec but I would lose all the bottom end. I run full boost now at 1200rpm. The Vortec wouldn't kick in till 4000rpm but I could run 9psi
Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM

Hey Carl, I thought you might like this. I dyno'd my car Saturday with the new dual Chemical Cooler and got 400whp and 420wtq. The intake temps are down 60F using 50/50 Methanol/H20
Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Gen III?

What's Up Mario?

Congrats on hitting the big 40! Please post your dyno chart. I was going to install a Kleemann until Josh raised his installed prices to 13900 from the 11800 he quoted before. I just bought a brand new Ducati bike so I'm a little short of Josh's asking price now.

Now Adam and Bill are trying to upgrade my kit with new chip tuning, larger heat exchanger and intercooler pump. I have also asked that they look into Aquamist before I read this post and it's FANTASTIC news! This proves that Coolmist improved your power from 363rwhp to 400rwhp for a gain of 37!!! This improved kit could be the new setup for the Gen III once the new MP 122 blower has been fully tested by them. If all works out then I could be the first kid on the block with the R&D version of the Gen III.

Adam has also asked me to look for a programmer that can tune the tranny control unit in order to reduce the drivetrain loss from the C55 still downshifting prematurely.

I am also probably going to get the Quaife LSD from EVOsport. Now I need to find a local shop that can do the headers, cats and exhaust at a reasonable price since Evosport does not offer these upgrades for a C55.

Please give me the link/contact information to Coolmist so that I can order it.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-23-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by AMGSC
What's Up Mario?

Congrats on hitting the big 40! Please post your dyno chart. I was going to install a Kleemann until Josh raised his installed prices to 13900 from the 11800 he quoted before. I just bought a brand new Ducati bike so I'm a little short of Josh's asking price now.

Now Adam and Bill are trying to upgrade my kit with new chip tuning, larger heat exchanger and intercooler pump. I have also asked that they look into Aquamist before I read this post and it's FANTASTIC news! This proves that Coolmist improved your power from 363rwhp to 400rwhp for a gain of 37!!! This improved kit could be the new setup for the Gen III once the new MP 122 blower has been fully tested by them. If all works out then I could be the first kid on the block with the R&D version of the Gen III.

Adam has also asked me to look for a programmer that can tune the tranny control unit in order to reduce the drivetrain loss from the C55 still downshifting prematurely.

I am also probably going to get the Quaife LSD from EVOsport. Now I need to find a local shop that can do the headers, cats and exhaust at a reasonable price since Evosport does not offer these upgrades for a C55.

You are one crazy bird!!!! I'm lost on why you are going back to HPS?????? We may have to stop being friends, because you are flip flopping way too much. Aren't you supposed to be going to court to sue HPS this week?

Well anyways, yes the CoolingMist does work and I'm very happy with it. I'm spraying into the blower and after the air in compressed. I have also added an AutoMeter IAT gauge so I can see the intake temp drop. I don't think you will get the same temp drop and HP gain I did because I had ZERO aftercooler before. If I did have an aftercooler then the CoolingMist would have only gave me 10whp. My boost pressure aslo went up from 4.75psi to 5.25psi, just a tiny bit.

I'm not sure why you need to go to a MP122, the MP112 is plenty big enough, my buddy uses it on his 6.0 Vette and is getting 520whp and has more room to hit 610whp. The HPS GEN 2 has problems but its not the size of the blower. I hope you haven't forgotten everything we spoke about? You can't polish a turd.

Here is a pic of my two sprayer nozzles on the blower. Robert give me a call so I can talk to you.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Charts HPSGEN1 C43-chemical-cooler.jpg  
Old 08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You can't polish a terd

God damn Mario and his god damn ideas...I guess I will be saving up for meth/water injection. How could I pass up such easy gains. However, I don't think I will see 40hp from this considering everything is on a smaller scale like discplacement, boost, IAT's, etc..25-30hp would be nice!!

Robert. I really wish you were my next door neighbor. You would defenitly keep this neighborhood interesting my friend.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's Up Mario?

After that long *** thread! Amazing!tell me it aint so! https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...72#post1710172

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-24-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds damn good Mario! Right now I'm debating on whether to sell the Talon and Mod the benz,or Keep my 4cyl beast and put in the new motor and just leave the Benz N/A!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Attn: All HPS Customers!!

Attn: All HPS customers!!

Attn: All HPS customers!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Follman, Vice president of sales for HPS, Filed a Civil Lawsuit in Orange County Against me Sean H. a PRIOR CUSTOMER (I purchased the Gen II HPS Supercharger last Aug in 2005) Adam Follman's lawsuit demanded $500,000.00 + for INSINUATING HE WAS A HOMOSEXUAL, & INSINUATING HE HAS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

NOTE!! Keyword here is : INSINUATING, I NEVER posted any of these mere jockular JOKES as FACT or TRUTH on these discussion forums. After my Attorney Joe Allen contacted Adam's Attorney they quickly lowered there initial demands from $500,000.00 to $50,000 to drop the case out of court.

Joe Allen, has instructed me to write this post informing everybody of the present situation.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Follman, Vice president of sales for HPS, Filed a Civil Lawsuit in Orange County Against me Sean H. a PRIOR CUSTOMER (I purchased the Gen II HPS Supercharger last Aug in 2005) Adam Follman's lawsuit demanded $500,000.00 + for INSINUATING HE WAS A HOMOSEXUAL, & INSINUATING HE HAS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.

NOTE!! Keyword here is : INSINUATING, I NEVER posted any of these mere jockular JOKES as FACT or TRUTH on these discussion forums. After my Attorney Joe Allen contacted Adam's Attorney they quickly lowered there initial demands from $500,000.00 to $50,000 to drop the case out of court.

Joe Allen, has instructed me to write this post informing everybody of the present situation.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350

I dont get it why you would have HPS touch your car after all the BS? 1 min your Pissed at them and tell everyone that you will be taking them to court then next you having them work on your car? I just dont get it?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by Trekman
I dont get it why you would have HPS touch your car after all the BS? 1 min your Pissed at them and tell everyone that you will be taking them to court then next you having them work on your car? I just dont get it?
It's so very entertaining though. I'm just glad it's not me. I thank god I've had great luck with it, different system altogether though also...apples & oranges.

That post in the 203 section is nearing 1000 posts!! Priceless.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 PM
JR1
Almost a Member!

What's Up Mario?

The longer you wait the higher it goes up Robert. Ooh btw did you hear how much the Type C1 kit made on the S55? 440 rwhp and 414 trq. Cough at 7 psi max boost cough. Anyways keep throwing good money after bad its entertaining to read.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:28 PM
JR1
Almost a Member!

Old 08-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430

I want to thanks Sean and Joe Allen for advices regarding our cases pending.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I want to thanks Sean and Joe Allen for advices regarding our cases pending.
Anytime bro!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JR1
The longer you wait the higher it goes up Robert. Ooh btw did you hear how much the Type C1 kit made on the S55? 440 rwhp and 414 trq. Cough at 7 psi max boost cough. Anyways keep throwing good money after bad its entertaining to read.
Nice job Josh!!! So how the headers coming? I'm still wanting for some more HP. I will call you in a couple of weeks to get a dyno done and some FMU, air/fuel adjusting.