Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
extended-extended warranty???

hey guys.

i bought my car starmarked from the dealer, and bought the extended starmark warranty. that was the BEST $2500 ive ever spent, btw. most recently, i just had the receiver/dryer and evaporator replaced in my car. in the past, ive have many, many, many things replaced under warranty, including some tranny work.

well, my starmark is expiring at the end of this month. i love my car, and although i plan to buy other cars in the near future, i also plan to keep the old C43 in the collection. so, i was considering the value of another extended warranty, if there was one applicable.

does anyone know if one is available for my situation, and for our amg's?

thanks!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
There are companies that offer extended warranties - just remember to read the small print. As the mileage gets higher so will the price.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:44 PM

2008 m5
just traded in my c43 w/ 120k miles. the starmark WAS a godsend. i took a big risk to drive it that long without warranty. my service advisor said anything could happen anytime to completely wipe out the value of the car, esp. the tranny, which he did on another one a few weeks ago @$8400. so if you can get something, it MIGHT be worth it, but i hear a lot of things about stuff not being covered. even the starmark disappointed on things like the radio (never fixed it) and the $1100 auto dim mirror (another exclusion-never fixed it).
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM

96 c36
i work at a dealer and deal with starmark all the time. there are different "stages" of starmark warrenty. some cover almost everything, and some cover very little. as long as your car has under 100k on it, you can get and extended warranty on it. if you go with an outside warranty company then most of the time they will have to come take pictures of whats broken, and talk to the tech about how it happened. sometimes it wll take a few days for them to get to the dealer. it can really be a hassle at times, but as long as your car has under 100k and isnt that close to 100k it is well worth the money to purchase one.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CFLPEEK
i work at a dealer and deal with starmark all the time. there are different "stages" of starmark warrenty. some cover almost everything, and some cover very little. as long as your car has under 100k on it, you can get and extended warranty on it. if you go with an outside warranty company then most of the time they will have to come take pictures of whats broken, and talk to the tech about how it happened. sometimes it wll take a few days for them to get to the dealer. it can really be a hassle at times, but as long as your car has under 100k and isnt that close to 100k it is well worth the money to purchase one.
i already purchased a starmark extended warranty (3 years) that expires this month. i can still purchase another starmark ext warranty?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 AM

1999 C43
Any web site for this starmark warranty?
My C43 has 83k miles, since it is less than 100k, i am interested.

Accept the SRS light, the car is and has been flawless. Should I consider getting starmark warranty?

thank you
Old 08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vardar
Any web site for this starmark warranty?
My C43 has 83k miles, since it is less than 100k, i am interested.

Accept the SRS light, the car is and has been flawless. Should I consider getting starmark warranty?

thank you
wow, vardar, sounds like your car has been pretty awesome as far as repairs go ... like i said before, ive had a ton of stuff fixed on mine, from sensors to tranny work to ac stuff. hopefully ive fixed most of the major stuff that will go wrong after my warranty expires at the end of the month!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM

1999 C43
Hello Maximus.

I baby my vehicle. I changed sparkplugs, and had transmission flushed as soon as I bought it. I never race, or abuse the vehicle. Like I mentioned before, only problem i have (i am used to it now) SRS light is constantly on. some loser promised me to help, but you know how losers are...

That doesn't mean when the hwy is available i have done 120-140mph.

I change the oil every 3-5k miles, only mod or upgrade i did was the in-dash cd player, and i am very happy with it. This is simply the best vehicle i ever owned, so it gets spoiled.

How can I get the starmark warranty? Only stealers sell it?

thank you
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
wow, vardar, sounds like your car has been pretty awesome as far as repairs go ... like i said before, ive had a ton of stuff fixed on mine, from sensors to tranny work to ac stuff. hopefully ive fixed most of the major stuff that will go wrong after my warranty expires at the end of the month!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vardar
Hello Maximus.

I baby my vehicle. I changed sparkplugs, and had transmission flushed as soon as I bought it. I never race, or abuse the vehicle. Like I mentioned before, only problem i have (i am used to it now) SRS light is constantly on. some loser promised me to help, but you know how losers are...

That doesn't mean when the hwy is available i have done 120-140mph.

I change the oil every 3-5k miles, only mod or upgrade i did was the in-dash cd player, and i am very happy with it. This is simply the best vehicle i ever owned, so it gets spoiled.

How can I get the starmark warranty? Only stealers sell it?

thank you

how long have you had your car, vardar? and how many miles have you put on it?

starmark is only available through dealers, and you can only purchase it if you have existing warranty still on your car, i believe. what i was asking about was literally an extended extended warranty, which is also only available through dealers (in california, that is the law). i didnt get pricing yet, but considering that the current starmark warranty is $4000 for 2 years, im expecting this other warranty to be more than that.

as for you srs light, funny that you mention that, bc i had my car in the dealership last week to get my ac evap replaced. while it was there, the srs light came on, so they replaced the "stop lamp switch", i think it was. i am on vacation for the next few days, so i dont my paperwork with me, but when i get back, i can look at it and let you know what it was exactly.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:06 PM

1999 C43
I bought my car 2.5 years ago with 76k. Now i got 83k.
I just purchased a 1 year stealer bpmr to bmpr warranty from the local stealer. Too bad ( )i had no problems to use the warranty

$4000 for 2 years?
never mind then, i'll keep babying my C43. thats that.
i'll pass

Thank you kindly for the info though. It is a good information.

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
how long have you had your car, vardar? and how many miles have you put on it?

starmark is only available through dealers, and you can only purchase it if you have existing warranty still on your car, i believe. what i was asking about was literally an extended extended warranty, which is also only available through dealers (in california, that is the law). i didnt get pricing yet, but considering that the current starmark warranty is $4000 for 2 years, im expecting this other warranty to be more than that.

as for you srs light, funny that you mention that, bc i had my car in the dealership last week to get my ac evap replaced. while it was there, the srs light came on, so they replaced the "stop lamp switch", i think it was. i am on vacation for the next few days, so i dont my paperwork with me, but when i get back, i can look at it and let you know what it was exactly.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

vardar:

here is the info i got off my invoice from the dealership in regards to the esp light on the dash ...

"faulty stop lamp switch"

#001-545-01-09

dont know the details of the how-to install, though, since the mechanic did it.

hope this helps.