C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Hi i new here :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007 | 06:35 PM

Black C43 AMG' 1999 - 2x Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo's - 1 Vauxhall Cavalier GSi2000 4x4 -
Cool Hi i new here :)

Hi my names Joby, im 28 and just purchast my c43 amg, it has 92,000 miles and drives like a beast, i will be looking into all the things like trans fluids and so on, as i have just been reading a few other threads about these need bee's. im am very tired now so i will get back on here asap ok,

Thanks

Joby.
Old 08-16-2007 | 06:42 PM

Black C43 AMG' 1999 - 2x Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo's - 1 Vauxhall Cavalier GSi2000 4x4 -
Arrow

This is the advert for my car...

1999 T Reg MERCEDES-BENZ AMG c43

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 92,000 miles, Metallic Black. Air-Conditioning, CD PLAYER, SERVICE HISTORY, ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Leather seats, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Traction control, Full Service History. What a car. Full black leather interior, 4.3 V8, 310 BHP AMG!! An absolute beast, not for the faint hearted. £6,995.

Ive never had a amg before so does this advertisment match up with the correct details for our amg c43 car?

Thanks

Joby.
Old 08-16-2007 | 10:28 PM

1999 C43
Originally Posted by BlackBeast
This is the advert for my car...

1999 T Reg MERCEDES-BENZ AMG c43

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 92,000 miles, Metallic Black. Air-Conditioning, CD PLAYER, SERVICE HISTORY, ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Leather seats, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Traction control, Full Service History. What a car. Full black leather interior, 4.3 V8, 310 BHP AMG!! An absolute beast, not for the faint hearted. £6,995.

Ive never had a amg before so does this advertisment match up with the correct details for our amg c43 car?

Thanks

Joby.
Dear sir, can you explain the situation little more please?
Thank you
Old 08-17-2007 | 08:14 AM

hi yes im sorry,
what i mean is, is the details above correct and the price good? and what type of Immobiliser does these cars use as standerd? thatchem cat 1 or 2, due to insurrance details needed.

Thanks again.

Joby.
Old 08-30-2007 | 07:50 AM

Question

hi ive had it now for a couple weeks and i have a little orange light come on the dash, it has a picture of a light bulb with a "!" in the middle. im not sure why this is but might be a bulb on the dash gone, as when i put full beams on, the blue light dosnt come on on the dash. And this orange light only comes on when i have the main lights on. i might be totaly wrong but if you could give me a bit of advise i'd be very happy.

Also my MB badge on the plastic engine cover has come off! i think its because the heat of the engine but that i not sure either. I drive hard and i can only think that im pushing my car a bit to hard,(on the kick down) to make the MB badge come off. i will get a pic of what it looking like as it seems that the glue or whatever MB used to keep the engine badge on with is all squiging out the sides of the AMG writing but a hard texture.
I hope im not confusing anyone.
I will get a pic up asap,
If i use the kick down on most journeys, am i wrecking my beast of a MB?
Its a 1999 UK spec Automatic C43 AMG. Im not sure if they made manull models,
I also had the trans flushed with new filters

Thanks for your help and time

Joby.

ps. forgot to say...what does the "w" mean by the trans, it has a "w" and a "s" i guess that "s" means "sports mode" but what does the "w" stand for? i have no manual with this car either, so i might seem abit behind, please bare with me. thanks again.

Joby.

Last edited by BlackBeast; 08-30-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: also forgot to say...
Old 08-30-2007 | 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 C43, 15 Alfa 4C LE, 18 Tesla Model 3 DM Perf, 08 Duc S1000, 02 Duc 998, 98 Duc 748, 01 Miata
The orange triangle with the ! is the traction control/electronic stability program. It flashes if the system senses a loss of traction and is on full time if you have the ESP turned off. The W is for winter, which makes the car react a little slower and the tranny starts out in second gear.
Old 08-30-2007 | 10:06 AM

Question

Originally Posted by ECTurboGSX
The orange triangle with the ! is the traction control/electronic stability program. It flashes if the system senses a loss of traction and is on full time if you have the ESP turned off. The W is for winter, which makes the car react a little slower and the tranny starts out in second gear.
ahh right,
i did say to a friend that it could mean "winter", lol as a joke tho.
is the "s" for summer then or am i right to say its "sports" lol

but no, the orange light isnt the triangle one, it based at the bottom of the dash its a picture of lightbulb with a ! in the middle. ive checked all my lights indecaters and brakes bulbs too, they are all fine.

Also... what does the switch on the dash do next to the heated seats switch, the one with a car getting picked up by a hook? and alarm sensor pic? (i have no manual with the car)

And last thing (for a bit lol)... how come it say "airbag off" on the trans colum? does this mean i can turn passenger airbag off? as i have a 6 month baby and dont want to put him in the front with me with the airbag working.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2007 | 12:31 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
ahh right,

but no, the orange light isnt the triangle one, it based at the bottom of the dash its a picture of lightbulb with a ! in the middle. ive checked all my lights indecaters and brakes bulbs too, they are all fine.

Also... what does the switch on the dash do next to the heated seats switch, the one with a car getting picked up by a hook? and alarm sensor pic? (i have no manual with the car)

And last thing (for a bit lol)... how come it say "airbag off" on the trans colum? does this mean i can turn passenger airbag off? as i have a 6 month baby and dont want to put him in the front with me with the airbag working.

Thanks

That command means that a bulb is out...it could be on because you could have the same rear foglight glitch that I have.
Old 08-30-2007 | 01:25 PM

1996 C36 (Gone but not forgotten), 2004 CLK55, 2008 911 C2S
ahh right,

Thanks
"S" is "summer", not "sport".

Jared is correct, the picture with the lightbulb means there is a bulb out someplace (or at least it thinks there is!)

The car getting picked up by a hook is the tow alarm. If somebody tries to tow your car, or even jacks it up to change a tire, once the car gets above something like a 10 degree angle with the horizontal, the alarm will sound. You hit that button to make sure the alarm doesn't go off when getting it towed or changing a tire.

"Airbag off" should have a light associated with it. If the light next to the words is on, then the passenger airbag is off because it senses not enough weight in the passenger seat (I think 26 pounds minimum). If somebody (or even something) in the passenger seat is over the minimum weight, there should be no light on beside the "Airbag Off" words, because the airbag will be on.

And finally, did you buy the car from a Mercedes dealer? If so, DEMAND they get a manual for you. Or call Mercedes directly and ask for one. There should be no charge - the car should have come with one.

Last edited by F14Tomcat; 08-30-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2007 | 08:48 AM

ok thats great thank you for the advise. Very much appreciated

Joby.
Old 09-23-2007 | 05:43 PM

Question

Originally Posted by F14Tomcat
"S" is "summer", not "sport".

And finally, did you buy the car from a Mercedes dealer? If so, DEMAND they get a manual for you. Or call Mercedes directly and ask for one. There should be no charge - the car should have come with one.
i went to a MB dealer ship, and they charged me £36.50 for my manual!!! £36!! and i doubt it is the same as the original AMG version. anyone take a couple of pics of there original manual for their C43 AMG olease, then i can see if its the same as what they gave me. It just seems funny how i went to a dealership and asked if they have any or could get any, and they said they would have to get some sent into the UK, and that could be a while as they would only get a order if a number of people wants them, as they wernt going to order just the one. Within three days i had a phonecall from the dealership saying they have one in, i thought great that was quick!, but now im thinking they have just palmed me off with a normall manual which covers specs including C43 AMG!
Its because im young probably!!

Thanks again in advance!

Joby.
Old 09-23-2007 | 10:04 PM

95 C36 AMG
Are you talking a service manual or just the Owners manual that comes with the car? I haven't been able to find a service manual for my car, but the owners manual I found (car specific) for my C36 on ebay - tons of them out there. Even came with the nice leather case.