C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

2006 GTO, EVO VIII and HEMI CHARGER,BYE BYE :)

Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43, 1999
2006 GTO, EVO VIII and HEMI CHARGER,BYE BYE :)

In the last few weeks I have had the pleasure of putting a real frown on the faces of drivers of these cars. The best one was today a cocky GTO guy pulled up and reved up his engine just a little and then gave me a really dirty, I am not worthy look. So I rev'ed mine a little and he took off. I nailed the gas and quickly jumped up next to him and went right on by. He pulled up again and tried and I thumped him really hard again. He came up again and would not look over then. I think he felt a little used up right about then.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by speedybenz
In the last few weeks I have had the pleasure of putting a real frown on the faces of drivers of these cars. The best one was today a cocky GTO guy pulled up and reved up his engine just a little and then gave me a really dirty, I am not worthy look. So I rev'ed mine a little and he took off. I nailed the gas and quickly jumped up next to him and went right on by. He pulled up again and tried and I thumped him really hard again. He came up again and would not look over then. I think he felt a little used up right about then.

Jeff
Was he wearing a wife beater and a nascar hat....ok ok. I'll stop with that.

I had a GTO jacka*s try to race me once but there was a 50 percent chance one of us would have ended up in the woods or into a wall. I guess he was really eager to prove himself. I just kinda lauged in amazment what he was willing to do. I'll get my chance though....Nice job bud.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 AM

A190 500E C43 CLK430
5.5 or Kompressor ?

Nice reading indeed, that should have been recorded and cast on YouTube!

I feel the need getting stronger every day for the *extra inches*and thats
not lengthwise , just in wolume or pump up the capacity a bit , isn't there
a pill for this to be ordered wia internet sites as all that spam advertise's?

SERIOUSLY.

I am not at all unsatisfied with my C43T but when getting used to a drug
you often have to increase the dose in order to *stay high*

What 5.5 do you use Jeff , did you re-programme the C43 ecu or ?
What supercharger do you use Nitrogen Balance ? Pictures PLEASE

I am already dreaming of that CL 55 engine I have spotted , very Expen$ive
about 13 grand$ or that E55 engine for 1/2 the charge ...Roger
Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jeff

don't usually post around here..

but C43 with 5.5L is a deadly combo. Nice set up!

probably have many people wondering what the hell just happened to them when you they see your rear bumper.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM

'93 300CE
i love it when you talk dirty to me!!!
seriously jeff, i didn't think you would engage in that behavior on public roads. with your racing background and all. nice to see your a mere mortal like the rest of us.
always look forward to your posts. seems like your current ride is a suitable replacement for you.
would like to see you in action at the track. please post your next outing. if it's in ca. i'll be there.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 PM

AMG C43, 1999
Well someimes I will give a little go if it is safe and and never for much time. If I hit the 1 ton mark that is going pretty fast.

If you hav read the book "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" then you know the part where he is waiting for all the little Who's to wake up and say "Boo Who" that is kind of how I feel when I see thier sad little faces and they mumble to themselfs "Boo Who". Make me chuckle.

Taxi Driver it is a 2001 E55 motor with ram air coming from the left and right fog light locations, a intake manifold thats been ported and matched to the cylinder head and then gutted and individual velocity stacks set so the opening matches the 4th intake pulse reversion to help pull air into the heads.
Kleemann headers and a custom dual 2.5" exhaust with "X" pipe before the metalic cats. No tune on the ECU yet. But the engine does run pretty hard right up to redline.

And yes I want to get back to the track sooo baaad.

Jeff
Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 PM

'93 300CE
great analogy. one of my favorite books from childhood.
i'm looking forward to your return to the track. was unaware you took a break. please keep us posted about your return.
i'm retired and will gladly travel anywhere in ca. to see you. don't know any other member who does what you do so it would be a treat.
i'm sure there are others who feel the same.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
speedy-have you ever had problems with your tranny?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
a intake manifold thats been ported and matched to the cylinder head and then gutted and individual velocity stacks set so the opening matches the 4th intake pulse reversion to help pull air into the heads.
Jeff, I didn't forget ... as we discussed I'm 1st in line borrowing that jig of yours when you made the velocity stacks. Winter's coming. Other then setting up the tri-amping of my 3 front 3-way horns w/the 9 vintage (youngest is 40 years old) tube amps I've acquired, I'll need something to do this winter!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM

'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by midasmike
i love it when you talk dirty to me!!!
seriously jeff, i didn't think you would engage in that behavior on public roads. with your racing background and all. nice to see your a mere mortal like the rest of us.
A wolf in sheep's clothing comes to mind for me!
I wrote this under my previous persona on club202 after flying out to take a drive w/Jeff before springing for his complete suspension.
http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...&threadid=5953
Old 09-07-2007, 03:11 AM

its awsome sticking it to people like that, smug *** who think there cars all that but cant even drive also!
gota love benz's that own these out of the box/bolt on racers

Do you have any pics floating around of some of your mods to you current car jeff? like your work of art by the sound of it' manifold
-logan-
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

taxi driver, though I love the CL55 and was going to trade in my C43 and buy the CL55 early in this century (had an order in with the factory store in NYC before MB even admitted it was going to make them) ... screw the old CL55! (I'm assuming it's the NA one, not SC?) Do the conversion (....then sell it to me! but alas, big pond in-between us ).

Seriously, your C43T is my dream W202. But I'd still do all the modz I did to mine to it (you can click the 3 links in my sig). BTW, our [Jeff and my] engines are out of W210 E55s. Jeff's done a -lot- of things to his to allow it to breath so much better then mine however. I did tho have a mod'ed E55 program burned into my C43 ECU. You just need a guy with the right tool (from Europe) and the right contacts. The way I surmise it works is -- with the W210 and W202 using the exact same everything in electronics and fuel systems -- the C43 ECU map will adapt in fuel requirements and I'm quite sure timing to the greater airflow. But if you chip it, the baseline starts at the higher level for the 25% increased displacement, and timing is more aggressive if you have the maps modded by a 3rd party.

Last edited by c55m8o; 09-07-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM

AMG C43, 1999
Yes, I love to stick it to smug SOB's with attitude. The EVO VIII driver was really upset. He wanted me to follow him out to straight piece of road and go again after I had just smoked him twice. Then he asked me if I would sell my car to him. Pretty funny stuff. I had to laugh pretty hard when he asked that question. I guess he just had realized his EVO VIII was junk if it couldn't beat a W202 Mercedes. He was this rich young dude, running on Daddy's money.

Any yes I really want to get a different tune in the car to see if I can get some addtional HP.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:52 PM

99 C43 AMG
Great kill, Jeff! Nice read.