C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C43 Aftermarket Front Brake discs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
Originally Posted by silence
wow- we all know i'm the only one who doesn't answer questions... my car is way cooler than nitrogenbalances

wtf happened between you two?

you do have a nice car. I just asked the guy through pm long ago somthing about the inside of his car and he never responded back. Than I asked him above which side of the car is that picture. He tells me to search. How do I search for "what side is the picture of nitro balances setup". You know what I mean? I wanted to know because months ago there was a thread which some of us talked about which way do the brake "fins" point. Is it forward or backward. At the time nobody wanted to take their tire out and take a picture. So with his picture showing the the rotor on tha car it showed which way the fins pint or rotate. But I wanted fo confirm that the picture was showing the passenger side.

So all he had to write is " passenger side" and I would have said, THANKS! End of story.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by myc43amg
you do have a nice car. I just asked the guy through pm long ago somthing about the inside of his car and he never responded back. Than I asked him above which side of the car is that picture. He tells me to search. How do I search for "what side is the picture of nitro balances setup". You know what I mean? I wanted to know because months ago there was a thread which some of us talked about which way do the brake "fins" point. Is it forward or backward. At the time nobody wanted to take their tire out and take a picture. So with his picture showing the the rotor on tha car it showed which way the fins pint or rotate. But I wanted fo confirm that the picture was showing the passenger side.

So all he had to write is " passenger side" and I would have said, THANKS! End of story.
The calipers sit to the front of the rotor, and the rotors have an L and an R on them..figure it out...you called me out as if I prance around here with diamond shoes. I'm very humble and I have the same car as you. Its funny that you tried to make fun of me...and my car is nicer than yours for the record. You've been here since January, now I will never help you. You made the first move, and it was waaay off bud. Good luck kid.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Guys,

Sounds like OEM is the best way to go if disc which are drilled after they are cast maybe more likely to crack?

I and having difficulty trying to find disc-italia on the net, does anyone have a link please?

I feel that its fair fo me to say everyones own car is better than another persons,,,,,,,,,,I have my car the way I like it, which means someone else has their car the way they like it.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM

thats why we customize...........
Old 06-09-2008, 01:19 PM

2000 C43 Wagon
Genuine AMG Disc Rotors

For genuine parts in the UK, you might want to try http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk/ I've found that they offer a decent discount (10-20% as a rule) without asking and you can check the prices on-line. I've bought most bits from them over time; even though they are an authorised stealership they are not quite so rip-off as most. When you input the part number, drop the HW prefix.

HWA2104211912 LH
HWA2104211812 RH
Old 06-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
The calipers sit to the front of the rotor, and the rotors have an L and an R on them..figure it out...you called me out as if I prance around here with diamond shoes. I'm very humble and I have the same car as you. Its funny that you tried to make fun of me...and my car is nicer than yours for the record. You've been here since January, now I will never help you. You made the first move, and it was waaay off bud. Good luck kid.
Get over yourself, there are plenty of good people willing to help and not just on this forum. And dont think cause I dont post bunch of pictures like you that your car is nicer. The only thing I really need are rims and I have yet to find something I really want and can afford. I do body work and paint so I can do plenty to make the c43 stand out from the rest. But the c43 is just a daily driver so why bother. And I'm 41 so not a kid, how old are you? Dont care. Btw, a "humble" person will NEVER say/admit that they are humble! Dont bother responding as I'm done wasting my time responding to you.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by myc43amg
Hey nitrobalance guy. Why dont you ever reply to my questions? Is it cause you think you and your car the "best" and you let things go to your head? I've seen much better looking TEN YEAR OLD cars man, get over yourself!
You asked for it...........................please go see a mechanic if you can't figure out a simple brake job. Its dangerous if you don't know what your doing, and the next time someone doesn't reply to your questions don't cry like a little girl. Peace.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
Originally Posted by MarcusF
What's the hat offset on a C43 rotor?

I'll have to measure up and let you know. It will be different to what will be require for an aftermarket rotor though.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:53 AM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by DogWagen
For genuine parts in the UK, you might want to try http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk/ I've found that they offer a decent discount (10-20% as a rule) without asking and you can check the prices on-line. I've bought most bits from them over time; even though they are an authorised stealership they are not quite so rip-off as most. When you input the part number, drop the HW prefix.

HWA2104211912 LH
HWA2104211812 RH
Thanks DogWagen I appreciate the link, but I can't belive they are still £368.02 with discount undelivered for a pair here in the uk. Will also need pads which is another £104.

Guys in the U.S, are they really over $700 for a pair of MB original discs in your land?....

.......... MY COUNTRY IS A RIP OFF........ITS THE PRINCIPLE.........
Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by £ C43 £ AMG £
Thanks DogWagen I appreciate the link, but I can't belive they are still £368.02 with discount undelivered for a pair here in the uk. Will also need pads which is another £104.

Guys in the U.S, are they really over $700 for a pair of MB original discs in your land?....

.......... MY COUNTRY IS A RIP OFF........ITS THE PRINCIPLE.........
I got a set for around $450 shipped which is the best price I have come by. They are typically $249.00 each from a few online suppliers.

The dealer probably charges $700, which is too much. Its a terrible feeling being ripped off, I feel for ya.

....what would it take to buy them here and have them shipped? Would it be worth it?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
just in case

nobody knew. when you are trying to tell someone "you are..." you abbreviate with you're, or if YOU'RE too lazy just type youre not your, thats a different word. theres a big difference between you are and a posessive your. also it makes the person dispensing these your's anywhere and everywhere for both applications seem very uneducated which i know everyone in here is pretty well learned.

continue on with the thread. i want to see a good custom solution as i am aiming for the use of slotted rotors soon and would like to see a cost-effective solution.

thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 07:58 AM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
nobody knew. when you are trying to tell someone "you are..." you abbreviate with you're, or if YOU'RE too lazy just type youre not your, thats a different word. theres a big difference between you are and a posessive your. also it makes the person dispensing these your's anywhere and everywhere for both applications seem very uneducated which i know everyone in here is pretty well learned.

continue on with the thread. i want to see a good custom solution as i am aiming for the use of slotted rotors soon and would like to see a cost-effective solution.

thanks
Their are alot of people with tips on different things in this forum .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
but I probably need a person in the UK who has purchased and replaced the discs on their own C43 to post a response........the US seems to have more options on availible aftermarket stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have only found this http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org....-uk/d1829.html

Last edited by £ C43 £ AMG £; 06-11-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 AM

2001 ML55 AMG, 2011 VW Passat, 2001 S500L, 2002 S500L
Their are alot of people with tips on different things in this forum .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
but I probably need a person in the UK who has purchased and replaced the discs on their own C43 to post a response........the US seems to have more options on availible aftermarket stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have only found this http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org....-uk/d1829.html
I only live around the corner from that supplier and are due some discs (rotors) for my e55. Maybe I will check them out for quality before I buy. Would you like to know about them? £80-£90 for the pair seems too good to be true considering I paid nearly £400 for genuine for my C43.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 AM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by Waynec1980
I only live around the corner from that supplier and are due some discs (rotors) for my e55. Maybe I will check them out for quality before I buy. Would you like to know about them? £80-£90 for the pair seems too good to be true considering I paid nearly £400 for genuine for my C43.
They are very cheap, £165 for a pair of drilled and grooved discs sounds great, but not if they distort and cause vibrations after a few hundred miles which I have exsperienced in the past on some other cars.

I may risk it........ but the biggest difference that the original AMG branded discs have is the air holes that allow air to pass through the centre of the disc which is a very important part of the design, I have never seen this on an aftermarket disc and these ones for £165 don't!

how important are these air holes? and are they worth paying an extra £235,
yet agian its the principle , why pay more.

I just ring them 5mins later after putting the post on and they say that they are not supplying them and removing them from the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something to do with not being sure of the right disc diameter 316mm? 330mm ? or something like that .........looks like its going to be main dealer parts only for me

Last edited by £ C43 £ AMG £; 06-12-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Phoned after market disc company and told they won't supply?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
........ but the biggest difference that the original AMG branded discs have is the air holes that allow air to pass through the centre of the disc which is a very important part of the design, I have never seen this on an aftermarket disc and these ones for £165 don't!

how important are these air holes? and are they worth paying an extra £235,
yet agian its the principle , why pay more.
Those holes running through the center of the disc are called vanes. Discs with vanes are referred to as ventilated discs. Those without vanes are called solid discs. The vanes allow the disc to work like a centrifugal pump. Cooling air enters from the hub area, running through the vanes and cooling the disc along the way. There are different types of vanes; curved and straight. The curved vane design is what’s used on a Mercedes ventilated disc. Curved vanes are more effective at cooling the disc.

As to whether they are worth more, I have never seen anyone replace a ventilated disc with a solid one. They are typically ventilated because of the cooling requirements, which a solid disc won't meet.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:53 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
yeah i enjoy the ventilated disc concept. however, i would like to find an aftermarket rotor set thats vented AND slotted, so when you get on the brakes really hard continually, you dont get as much fade because the gas escapes through the slots.... im probably going to end up going with new oem ones... but theyre so heavy...
Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 AM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Those holes running through the center of the disc are called vanes. Discs with vanes are referred to as ventilated discs. Those without vanes are called solid discs. The vanes allow the disc to work like a centrifugal pump. Cooling air enters from the hub area, running through the vanes and cooling the disc along the way. There are different types of vanes; curved and straight. The curved vane design is what’s used on a Mercedes ventilated disc. Curved vanes are more effective at cooling the disc.

As to whether they are worth more, I have never seen anyone replace a ventilated disc with a solid one. They are typically ventilated because of the cooling requirements, which a solid disc won't meet.

No I have never swapped vented for solid,
In the centre of an C43 and E55 disc there are extra vent holes around the outside centre of the hub section and the aftermarket discs don't come with those vent holes but they are still vented runing through the disc to the inside section of the hub? Oh and they don't have AMG STAMPED ON THEM!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
yeah i enjoy the ventilated disc concept. however, i would like to find an aftermarket rotor set thats vented AND slotted, so when you get on the brakes really hard continually, you dont get as much fade because the gas escapes through the slots...
Look here at my thread : https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...413&highlight=