C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

My C36 For sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
Originally Posted by RBYCC
Be careful, make sure it's not the typical "overseas buyer" scam....

He may send you too much money in a fraudelent bank draft, ask you to pay for the shipping to his broker and you find out in a few weeks that his draft was counterfeit.

A very common scam...

Only accept a wire transfer to your bank, and be careful when giving your bank account info that the buyer has nothing with your signature as he can then take control of your account.

This type of scam preys on less astute sellers who think the other side is "stupid".
well i got a check so i'm gonna wait untill that check gets clear and then i will withdraw it.
i hope there won't be any probelm. as far as this transaction going on i just sent money to shipping company and they will come pick up the car on the 13th or 14th. i will not give my car untill i get my money.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Z06EATER
BAD NEWS WELL THE WHEELS didn't fit...the offset is different..th wheels won't fit. now we must sell.. were gonna sell em for 400 with good tires
400 is Great price but u can sell them more on ebay. i wish i could buy those from u and sell them on ebay but i can't i live too far away. i would go ahead and Order OEM AMG wheels.that will look Best

Last edited by kinghais; 08-31-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by kinghais
well i got a check so i'm gonna wait untill that check gets clear and then i will withdraw it.
i hope there won't be any probelm. as far as this transaction going on i just sent money to shipping company and they will come pick up the car on the 13th or 14th. i will not give my car untill i get my money.

My initial post to you seems to be coming true...

"He may send you too much money in a fraudelent bank draft ask you to pay for the shipping to his broker and you find out in a few weeks that his draft was counterfeit."

I think you may have been scammed...

You sent money to the shipping company.
How much and why?
Picking up the car on the 13 or 14 is prior to when an international draft truly clears or is determined to be fraudelent.

That's so typical of a scam, as a seller in an international transaction should have nothing to do with paying the buyers designated shipping company.
Post or PM the details of the shipping company and where the buyer is located.
If you can, scan the bank draft you received and also PM.
I may be able to verify before you deliver your car.
Please be smart and cynical to miminmize your risk.

You can deposit the check and it will be posted to you acccount and appear to you to be valid.
You may find a charge back to your account in six to eight weeks and then you're out not only money but your car.

Who, even in the USA accepts a check for a car purchase payment???
Dealers yes, if they are local and you are trading.

Any vehicle I have ever purchased domestically and imported ( quite a few ) need me to send via wire transfer my funds.

If I was you I would err to the side of caution...stop payment on the check to the shipping company and advise the seller that you will return his check/draft and he will need to wire transfer the money.

If he can write a funded check, then he has funds to wire transfer.

Nobody ever takes a draft or check for payment in an international transaction unless it is certified funds and in todays world with scams, you only accept the draft if you truly know who you are dealing with.

International payments are only legitimately made by Wire Transfer, Cash against Documents or Letter of Credit.

Any other way is foolish....

I've been selling and buying internationally on a daily basis for about thirty years...

So do what you must, but it will take about six weeks to find out if you've been scammed, and that's when your bank demands you to return the money to them.

Did you also indicate the buyer was from England?
This should be a red flag as a LHD vehicle has little or no value when there are equivalent RHD cars available locally.
More then likely the buyer is either Nigerian or Russian.

Good luck

P.S.

Did a simple Google search and you'll come up with many pages...if anything sounds the slightest bit familiar then you've been got

http://www.used-car-advisor.com/car-buyer-scam.htm

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...uyer_scam.html

Car scammers target Web buyers, sellers
By Lisa Goddard
CNN
Sunday, March 26, 2006; Posted: 6:19 a.m. EST (11:19 GMT)

But it's not just potential buyers being targeted in these scams. Car sellers may not be safe either. Internet scammers make it seem like they've paid for your car, then you hand it over only to find out that the seller's large check has bounced.

It usually happens like this: The scam artist sends an e-mail agreeing to the seller's price and offering a cashier's check to pay for it. The seller gets the check, and it looks like it's cleared into his bank account. Confident the money is in his pocket, the seller then lets a shipping company pick up the car. A day or two later, however, the bank calls, saying the check bounced. The money and car are gone.

"They're good. They know your bank regulations better than you do," Ostroff said.

Last edited by RBYCC; 08-31-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:43 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
u got something against nigers? lol racist! haha jk
Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 PM

dont forget romania. those romanians are so crafty, they host a large portion of the online ebay scamming business where they try to have you western union money to them and you never get a product lol
Old 08-31-2008, 02:22 PM

1997 C36AMG
yea thats true these came off an S55

8.5jx18 eh2 et44

w220 401 3402
Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Originally Posted by Z06EATER
yea thats true these came off an S55

8.5jx18 eh2 et44

w220 401 3402
give it a 5 mm spacer and you're fine (up front)!

I would give a 15 or 20 in the rear, though.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:34 PM

1997 C36AMG
hey man, let me get your mumber, if they can fit we'd love to know where we can buy the spacers, and we need longer lug bolts also
Old 08-31-2008, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Man

He has been scammed and he won't even listen to your advice.
Someone overseas pays 3g over market,sends a 10g check and another 10g for shipping and the op pays the shipping co.
and he is calling the buyer stupid.
The first red flag was already in place and now even with warnings from
RBYCC it looks like denial has set in and the op is no longer posting.
Isn't there a big warning on ebay about being contacted by overseas buyers and such?
when we hear from the op next,I am sure he will say he sent the money western union

on another topic tractorcrusher that can't believe how low prices have fallen,he used nada and kbb to justify price on a 99 c230.
The market on those is 7G in top condition for a 99 and he paid a grand over that. For 8 grand he "could have had a V8"
Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 AM

hey guys i don't know that much about shipping this car. all i know is that the shipping company will pick up the car and take it to New Jersey and they didn't tell where the car goes. but buyer sent me his address that the car going to ship there i don't know wut's going

: I just want the money and that's it
Old 09-01-2008, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
hey guys i don't know that much about shipping this car. all i know is that the shipping company will pick up the car and take it to New Jersey and they didn't tell where the car goes. but buyer sent me his address that the car going to ship there i don't know wut's going

: I just want the money and that's it

Just trying to open your eyes to the high risk transaction you've entered into...but as you stated " i don't know wut's going "

So post in a few weeks after the car is gone and that the bank did not back charge you for the check you deposited.

As I stated it takes sometimes four to six weeks for the check to bounce back on an international draft.

You're letting your car go without real cash in hand...sounds good to me
Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 AM

be careful

with international transactions. people use the international buffer to take shelter from legal action for ripping people off. it happens both ways (both when trying to buy/sell something of value)

when i was shopping for a nice carbon fiber road bike 4 years ago, there would be ebay listings for 7k cabon fiber trek bikes for 3k. too good to be true? i would inquire about the transaction then the seller would tell me to send money via western union to romania, and note the transaction as being money sent to a freind. you would be crazy to believe that you were getting the bike after sending out the money, theres no transaction security. i eventually opted to purchase a bike from a guy in texas with a good ebay rating, and im still enjoying my 17lb carbon fiber bike today.

the same situation applies here. you have to take solice in the fact that these guys are experienced with said transactions and you should take the advice seriously. if its a legitimate buyer then neither party should object to a wire transfer, the buyer wouldnt care, to him it would be the same money spent either way. however, if the buyer tries to divert from the subject of performing a wire transfer then you may have a scammer trying to work you over.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
I vote

the thread be closed.Either this guy is the most clueless dupe ever or he is pulling your legs.
Either way we are wasting time trying to save him 20 grand
Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
lemme guess you posted this on craigslist and got that email. if you did and fell for it then you just got scammed. post a 90 corrolla with 400k on craigslist for 10 grand right now and 20 minutes later you'll get the same email saying theyll pay you the exact price you wanted.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Just trying to open your eyes to the high risk transaction you've entered into...but as you stated " i don't know wut's going "

So post in a few weeks after the car is gone and that the bank did not back charge you for the check you deposited.

As I stated it takes sometimes four to six weeks for the check to bounce back on an international draft.

You're letting your car go without real cash in hand...sounds good to me
well ya. u right. i'm going to get some info(like ID) from this person and wait another week after the check is clreared and after that i'm gonna let them take my car

Last edited by kinghais; 09-02-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 AM

1997 C36AMG
ay man, my pops got scammed for an SL500 3 years ago...just letting you know...the guy stated he wanted 3 grand now, and 3 grand after we got the car. we wires 3 grand, he got it, then we waited for the car, never got it, got an emial from the bank we WIRED the money through stating that they needed the other 3grand IN-HAND, to release the car...how do plans just change? the bank turned out to be a fake bank. we didn't wire the other 3 grand... don't GET SUCKED IN MAN! n don't buy a bimmer dude...watch ur gonna regret....
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well ya. u right. i'm going to get some info(like ID) from this person and wait another week after the check is clreared and after that i'm gonna let them take my car
YOU JUST DON'T GET IT....

You don't know who the buyer is, and you are under a false belief that the check has cleared and still will let them take your car.

It may appear that the funds are in your account and in all your naivete you believe that indicates the check has cleared..

WRONG...an international draft can take up to six weeks before it comes back to bite you...

How many posters have to caution you..

Hope all goes well, but if you get burned it's because of your own greed to get the "money".

" A fool and his money ( along with his C36 ) are soon parted "
Old 09-02-2008, 12:53 PM

1997 C36AMG
ay man he's right, take it from all ur chums here at mbworld keep the car give it to a good owner here.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:14 PM

alright.
it seems scary to me. I don't want to lose my car at all!
i think i'm going to change my mind. i can send the money back to this person, but i'm going to find about this kind transaction more because i have to. thanks guy for your help.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM

you dopnt have to return the check, just see if he is willing to wire transfer u the money first, if he backs out, then you can just tear up the check instead of going through the effort of sending it back to him.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

alright.
it seems scary to me. I don't want to lose my car at all!
i think i'm going to change my mind. i can send the money back to this person, but i'm going to find about this kind transaction more because i have to. thanks guy for your help.
Have you deposited the check yet ????

If so then don't send any money back to him from your account.

When the buyer contacts you, just advise that it takes four to six weeks to assure that his check was not fraudelent.

If you are still holding the check, email the buyer and tell him that you cannot accept the check and can only accept certified funds via a wire transfer.

Did you already send the shipping company money, and how much ?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:20 AM

Have you deposited the check yet ????

If so then don't send any money back to him from your account.

When the buyer contacts you, just advise that it takes four to six weeks to assure that his check was not fraudelent.

If you are still holding the check, email the buyer and tell him that you cannot accept the check and can only accept certified funds via a wire transfer.

Did you already send the shipping company money, and how much ?
well. i deposited the checks days ago.2 checks, each for $10k. i send $100 to shipping company because my bank didn't let me take out more. but i will get the complete check on the 9th. i think i'm going to ask him if i can send all his money back because i don't feel safe, unless he calls me and talk to me on the phone and give me some info.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:45 AM

eh... just dont send him the actual cash, youll be doing him a bigger favor than stealing your car. wait a while for the banks to tell you the checks are clear and the transfer is complete, not the 9th.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
eh... just dont send him the actual cash, youll be doing him a bigger favor than stealing your car. wait a while for the banks to tell you the checks are clear and the transfer is complete, not the 9th.
ya. that's wut i was thinking to do. i'm wait another week after the checks got clear.
if the checks cleared no one can do take they money out of my bank for any reason(like the checks were stoles or etc.)????
Old 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM

well according to what rbycc said, you should wait for the ripe 6 week mark after you deposited the checks. sometimes the checks will clear and then down the line the bank cannot secure the funds and they will be asking you for the money you withdrew

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C36 For sale