goodbye photos of my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
goodbye photos of my car

she's in the garage for the winter now... heh. She's going to be getting a lot of things modified/changed in the next 6 months as well, so these will be the last pics looking like this.

will have new trunk set-up, custom hood and a lot of shiny stuff under the hood at the very least the next time it's all put together.

there are a lot-

Old 09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane

Old 09-28-2008, 11:00 PM

MB
Looks awesome already the way it is!!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
your car looks great. i especially like that you have it SC/IC. do you know what your 1/4 mile is?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gone but not forgotten C36
nice interior, I so love the two-tone interior
Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 AM

1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel
, One of best w202 i ever seen, Very Nice
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Nice work! Paint that IC pump black!

The car looks really clean

...and also, make sure that store doesn't except returns before you buy anything.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:32 PM

accept
Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 PM

C36 AMG, C220, Porsche 911 Turbo, Corrado SLC ALL current daily drivers
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Nice work! Paint that IC pump black!
x2
Your car is super clean. Classic style. BIG

Love the "sex" shop backdrop!

Last edited by C36AMG930; 10-01-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added statement
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
thanks a lot guys

was just driving it around that night and taking pictures- couldn't resist the lovin' fun shots
Old 10-01-2008, 02:27 PM

haha i was lookin at the pics when my gf was walking by, she saw the photos on my screen and swooped in for a closer look. she liked the lovin fun shop in the background and even commented on how nice the car looked... and she practically hates cars...
Old 10-15-2008, 11:53 PM

1998 black amg c43 and 1999 black c280
niceee

im in love with the interior,i see the plates from mn,
im from mn too my c43 isnt put ayway yet
Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
i never understand why people spend money to modify their cars, especially your car looks so obsolete and old as it is...

no matter how much money you put in to make it look better.. it's just an old benz from the eyes of others... why don't u save up and keep upgrading to the current models...

i was thinking about changing rims for my 2005 SL55, but i was thinking well it will look old anyway when the new SL63 comes out.. so i didn't bother to do that anymore..

whenever i come across a heavily modified SL or CL previous models, i always can't stop laughing in my heart and think the driver is a loser..
Old 10-16-2008, 01:49 AM

well i think most of us here buy our cars because we like them, not because we think other people may like them and only covet the new models. sheep mentality is to follow the new trends and dump money all over them. our w202's hold class and style that is timeless, i dont care how many cl63 drivers think im a loser because my car isnt from 2009...
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
Originally Posted by phonetics
i never understand why people spend money to modify their cars, especially your car looks so obsolete and old as it is...

no matter how much money you put in to make it look better.. it's just an old benz from the eyes of others... why don't u save up and keep upgrading to the current models...

i was thinking about changing rims for my 2005 SL55, but i was thinking well it will look old anyway when the new SL63 comes out.. so i didn't bother to do that anymore..

whenever i come across a heavily modified SL or CL previous models, i always can't stop laughing in my heart and think the driver is a loser..

well, i can respond to that in many ways.

1. The majority of the modifications to my car aren't cosmetic. In fact, it has extremely limited cosmetic modifications. The suspension, wheels and tires are the ONLY things that could even be construed as cosmetic modification and all serve other greater purposes.

I have very limited funding into the performance side of this car and it represents a very high performance/$ ratio. It will keep up with and beat virtually any newer competing vehicle as it is now (including your own), and i have every intention of only going faster with it in the future. To me it's way more fun to be a bit of a sleeper in this respect.

Caveat- you might attack the stereo as pure show, but not if you know me. Audio is my first love in the world and as nice as the stereo equipment is in the car it sounds 100x better in person and the layout is simple, light and functional.

2. I chose to buy this car. I purchased a bit before the general price bubble burst (speaking of all higher end cars) and was ready to spend up $35k or so. Other cars i drove included E55s, ML55s, Jaguar XKRs and XK8s, C5 Z06 corvettes, E46 M3s, modified E36 M3s, B5 (owned one) and B6 S4s etc. etc. etc.. I couldn't buy the newest and "coolest" AMG at the time, but i certainly could have gotten into a car with a lot more visual appeal than a grey C43... One that would have wowed the ladies and impressed the men in ways this car never will. However, that was in no way what i wanted. What i did want was something that I would want 5 years, 10 years and 40 years down the road, something with timeless styling and rarity. My generation grew up watching this style of benz in films and popular culture and the C43 is the ultimate expression of that style and the "athleticism" for the kind of driving I enjoy. Additionally, i actually welcome the "aging" of my car. I feel that 10 years from now it will be just that much more of an interesting thing to have.

3. I agree with you about how it looks silly when people have one body style old CLs or SLs that are "pimped" out. I can't wait for the years to go by so that no one can mistake me and my car for that same situation.

4. I do have something in my garage that is completely show. Nothing any factory ever completed can ever be what my "Topless" project will be when completed. Real rides are built.

5. you are a tool!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
haha i was lookin at the pics when my gf was walking by, she saw the photos on my screen and swooped in for a closer look. she liked the lovin fun shop in the background and even commented on how nice the car looked... and she practically hates cars...
this means a lot- my girlfriend doesn't like the car that much, lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
Originally Posted by mishka
im in love with the interior,i see the plates from mn,
im from mn too my c43 isnt put ayway yet
mine is really just away because of the work i'm doing on it and i'm sooo busy at work and with my other hobbies (biking mostly)this time of year that i wouldn't be driving it anyways.

are you a member of any other local forums/clubs?

is your car stock?

I go to a lot of the Audi and BMW club's events and many local shows, would love to see another C43 at some of them.

-drew
Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none

Oh my god, your on the right MB forum considering 90% of the cars here are tweaked in some regard.

They should start a forum where those who lease new cars every year can show off their borring mass produced long term rentals. The car thing is a hobby to many and an art to some. Just try to understand it. Old isn't a bad thing either, hell I'd beat my grandmother for a true gullwing SL, and their old as shiat.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:24 AM

05 C55

what an *******
Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
+1... car looks great !

Originally Posted by mkonei
what an *******
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63

Since you are a member of the "others" , I guess you just don't get it....
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM

1999 W210 E300 Turbodiesel

i don't think u know anything about benz or other cars you are an *****
Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM

C43 AMG & E55 AMG
Aye, you are a moron to think this way,
C43 is a classic car, wich I will be proud to own when I turn 30 years old still.
Learn about history of cars, and spending money every year for a new car and sell it 12 months after isnt the smarth thing either big boy

peace!
PS:: nice c43 setup!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by mkonei
what an *******
I agree.....someone think they all that... Anyway, I like the interior looks great man...
Old 10-21-2008, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
well, here is what i've got done so far

still waiting on my hood to show up

trunk work-

the flat nature of the bondo on those parts right now doesn't capture the curves very well. They will all be painted silver. I'm retaining the eq/x-over rack i built previously, so that fills the rest of the space.

i also upgraded fuel pumps once again... and this one is def. even better

do have the "982" bosch i ran all summer and my stock pierburg for sale if anyone is interested. will sell bosch for $50 due to not knowing mileage and stock for 65 (it has 80k on it)

-drew

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: goodbye photos of my car