Eisenmann(sp? lol)
Super Sound(mostly found on porshe's)
Supersprint

also open to offers/past experience.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Remus makes Brabus exhausts. You may want to consider them if you consider Brabus......
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In search of W222
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
Remus makes Brabus exhausts. You may want to consider them if you consider Brabus......
in the higher rpms remus sounds like crap IMO.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 284 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
talk to ricco, his exhaust sounds mad
Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 AM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by PJmak
talk to ricco, his exhaust sounds mad
ricco's sounds badass in a deep bellowing way.
im looking for more of a higher (eisenmann style) sounds at high rpms.
such as this comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5MnILNHuA
Old 12-01-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
I hardly ever say this, but why not stock?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 AM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by silence
I hardly ever say this, but why not stock?
not loud enough
Old 12-01-2008, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
89 300e euro stuff, 96 Volvo 850R bending rods
hey man let me tell you the car can't be any better then it is stock it was made to be the best that it can be silence is right. I've done a couple things to the car and I mean the everyday drive ability goes down by everything that you add. The sound that your looking for you probably will not get unless you put a V8 in there. My friend has a 124 E320 with an Eisenmann sport(reso delete) and its sounds like a bomb is exploding the whole time that we're driving. It sounds pretty nice but even he complains that he gets headaches from it, and its only the SPORT!! And the car is Dead stock to. So what I'm trying to say is if you want to do something to the car, as I can see in the pictures you haven't even lowered. Maybe some H&R's with the 18" mono 2's and you'll be set. Do some of your own work to you can paint the grill black like the older AMG's, I mean thats probably about it anything else will ruin your car. I mean the only thing I was happy about getting was the AMS pulley. Besides that I left everything the way that it is, those cars are bullet proof and they'll be worth something down the line. Sorry to put your hopes down but thats the reality I came to soon after I bought the car.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:26 AM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by C36ickness
hey man let me tell you the car can't be any better then it is stock it was made to be the best that it can be silence is right. I've done a couple things to the car and I mean the everyday drive ability goes down by everything that you add. The sound that your looking for you probably will not get unless you put a V8 in there. My friend has a 124 E320 with an Eisenmann sport(reso delete) and its sounds like a bomb is exploding the whole time that we're driving. It sounds pretty nice but even he complains that he gets headaches from it, and its only the SPORT!! And the car is Dead stock to. So what I'm trying to say is if you want to do something to the car, as I can see in the pictures you haven't even lowered. Maybe some H&R's with the 18" mono 2's and you'll be set. Do some of your own work to you can paint the grill black like the older AMG's, I mean thats probably about it anything else will ruin your car. I mean the only thing I was happy about getting was the AMS pulley. Besides that I left everything the way that it is, those cars are bullet proof and they'll be worth something down the line. Sorry to put your hopes down but thats the reality I came to soon after I bought the car.
updated pics...

and i just got new tires so im not getting rims untill they wear out.
sooo exhaust it is thats why i made the post, not to be stuborn but iim just focusing on that.

and also, eisenman sport to loud? tell him to trade with me +$$
Old 12-01-2008, 01:34 AM

Wow man looks really nice. Watch I feel you man to tell you the truth the only exhuast I'd probably get is an Eisenmann But it depends on how much your willing to spend (and no trust me he's not selling that thing). The sound is really nice, watch some of the C240 and C320 with the eisenmann races' (youtube.com) and you'll have a better idea of what it'll sound like on our cars. The sound is basically identical.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG

Hello C36ickness,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Performance Crank Pulley for the C36 application. For the most part I would agree, most modifications don't do that much on the C36s, the two big ones are Pulley, Headers, and then after that most likely stage 2 software (which we offer).

Power can be extracted from these engines but you have to do it the right way and most people do not go that route. Ebay HAI (hot air intakes) contrary to popular believe do NOT help. As far as intake is concerned, the best results were achieved via K&N Panel filter & removal of the front grille water baffle to allow for air to enter directly into the airbox via the front snorkle (and in my opinion that is also the best sounding as well, open filter sounded horrible on the C36s, and the resonance was off the charts).

Bagel:

You can upgrade the exhaust system but you have to ditch the entire stock system and the gains won't be huge, you can probably pick up 10-15 wheel HP tops excluding the headers (at best), so definitely not the best route to go as far as HP/$. Those three I listed above are the big three, after that the gains become less and less significant.

The stock C36 exhaust system has a few key bottlenecks in the system, the first is the rear muffler, although the piping leading up to it is 2.75" the opening inlet is only 2.25" AND on top of that its a baffled muffler design, so even though the piping is a 2.75" diameter in reality the exhaust system is a 2.25" setup for all intensive purposes (check club202 for proof, a full write up was done with pictures, its only a 2.25" baffle design, NOT free flowing at all). The 2nd bottle neck is just after the headers and before the catalytic converters where the piping merges into one narrow passageway before expanding back out to dual cats.

It is much better to eliminate most of the system (except the front downtubes just after the headers) and then run a single high flow 2.5" mandrel bent setup from there back. The reason I say 2.5" instead of 2.75 or 3.0" is because you will reduce the scavenging effect and backpressure which will cause gas velocity to slow down. In addition there are almost no tips available for anything over 2.5" that looks any good, most are big truck tips. They have high flow 2.5" metal core cats on ebay for only $95 and you would only need one, just have exhaust shop weld in O2 bungs before & after the cat (very simple & easy to do).

The resonator is free flowing, no need to touch it, in fact, it is an excellent design and thats the one thing from the stock setup you could keep (or you could just get a magnaflow unit). Total cost for a custom setup could cost as low as $500 installed depending on where you buy the parts & how much shop charges in labor, Definitely alot cheaper than the other routes.

Diagram of C36 exhaust system (top.middle one, depending on C36 model year):

Hope that helps.

Last edited by AMS Performance; 12-01-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 AM

In search of W222
Wow man looks really nice. Watch I feel you man to tell you the truth the only exhuast I'd probably get is an Eisenmann But it depends on how much your willing to spend (and no trust me he's not selling that thing). The sound is really nice, watch some of the C240 and C320 with the eisenmann races' and you'll have a better idea of what it'll sound like on our cars. The sound is basically identical.
i cant find any clips of that.. =[
Old 12-01-2008, 01:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...0&search_type=

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

The first one is of C240's, and the second one C320's.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 AM

In search of W222
now i want eisenmann =[

lol
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 AM

Well I mean if you really want one I'm not sure if you're familiar with Harbor Motorsports but my friend Serge he sells Eisenmanns so I could ask him if you want me to?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
if you really want your exhaust loud, eisenmann is the way to go. brabus and remus are the most quiet ones.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:54 PM

bagels, how bout a re-finish on your wheels?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I wouldn't sink too much into it being that its going to be for sound only as the stock is perfectly free flowing. For the same reason I went with a stainless magnaflow which everyone says is ghetto, yet everyone who hears my car has comented on the exhaust note Its on the loud side though. The quality of construction and stainless seem as good as borla and such so far. About $110 and if it's too loud you still have your stock can and your only out a c note... I think the others mentioned are near $500 and up maybe. That said its silly considering no one sees it, it's getting destroyed by the road, and its mainly for sound. A couple years ago I was thinking "german only its the best" but now I would have felt silly dropping $500+ on an eismann thats simply sounds different than the 1000 other free flowing stainless mufflers at half the cost. Rant over...
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by MBHustla858
bagels, how bout a re-finish on your wheels?
im going to redo it myself.
a guy from mymbonline with a black s430 is going to help me on how to do it.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:45 PM

In search of W222
Well I mean if you really want one I'm not sure if you're familiar with Harbor Motorsports but my friend Serge he sells Eisenmanns so I could ask him if you want me to?
sure a quote on just the muffler?(+shipping to norcal =[ )

and also, doing just the muffler would still sound good right?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 AM

Yeah it would sound good but eisenmanns work best without the resonator. But in your case what I would do first is put it on with the resonator first if you like it leave it, if not take off the reso. And nitro is right also look into magnaflow they make some great stuff and not only sound but they are very good performance wise. Plus eisenmanns are retardedly heavy, its a struggle carrying that thing, as to the magnaflows a 1/3 of the weight.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
I have Remus exhaust for sale if anyone intrested....
Old 12-02-2008, 11:07 AM

In search of W222
Originally Posted by SaMaS
I have Remus exhaust for sale if anyone intrested....
exhaust clip
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
Slam that thing before the exhuast.
A loud car with wheel gap is just
My gruppe M intake makes the car a little louder cruising but when you floor it the noise is the best thing ive ever heard.... and the girl will instantly sit on you.
true story too but it was distracting while driving
Old 12-04-2008, 12:45 PM

1997 C36AMG
dude if you want a good sound, keep the muffler and ran a highflow cat...and keep the reso...you'll love that sound trust me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to Exhaust shop/buy!!!!!