C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Did any of you buy from these sellers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Question Did any of you buy from these sellers?

Hi,
I'm interested in stainless steel lines for my c43.
I found 3 sellers on Ebay.

# Rennsport auto parts

# G-force brakes

#Elite auto parts

They all are in Canada.
They all sell Magnum steel lines.

I'd just like to know if these Magnum lines are any good, if they are made of good quality material?
The price is cheap less than 70 $$ for these lines.

All you guys who bought these lines did you notice any significant improvement after installing these SS on your car?
Did the original dead travel in braking with factory setup vanish with the SS setup?

I still have the factory discs on my car with Porterfield pads, using OEM brakefluid, Oem brake lines.
Is it going to be any better braking with SS lines?

Seller Rennsport says on their description, their connections are PVC covered for better rust protection.
To my knowledge stainless steel doesn't rust yet.
The other sellers doesn't mention this PVC insulation in their adds.
Is it better to buy these pvc covered lines or it doesn't matter, since all sellers offer the same Magnum brand?

Which one to buy from?
Some are power sellers, others don't have any ratings at all,
Should I be more worried about the unrated sellers being less dependeble?,
Thanks for your input.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
STAY AWAY FROM G-FORCE

they leaked, just to a search and you will see

go with goodridge(i think thats the name)
Old 12-29-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Plays With Cars
Goodridge has a good reputation. You probably won't notice any increase in braking power though, unless your old rubber lines are swollen inside (i.e. partially plugged). You will, however, notice better braking feel and a firmer pedal. Make sure you power flush after doing the swap using a quality fluid like ATE Super Blue. If you DIY, the Motive Brake Bleeder is an awesome tool.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
Goodridge has a good reputation. You probably won't notice any increase in braking power though, unless your old rubber lines are swollen inside (i.e. partially plugged). You will, however, notice better braking feel and a firmer pedal. Make sure you power flush after doing the swap using a quality fluid like ATE Super Blue. If you DIY, the Motive Brake Bleeder is an awesome tool.

hey good buddy's, thankxs for both your info's.
Who sells these Goodrigde SS lines?
Where can I find them?
For the best price of course?
Are they more expensive over the Magnum lines sold for 65 $$ bux?

Are those Magnum SS lines any good at all?
Since I found these 3 sellers offering this brand on Ebay
I don't want to buy any crap parts for my Benz.

I always change the brakefluid every 2 years on my car, using OEM MB fluid.
Cheers

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-29-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:05 PM

Plays With Cars
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Mercedes-Benz&autoModel=C43&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=

$115 at TireRack, that's the only place I'm finding them. Remember what happens when you lose your brakes, you don't want to screw around with cheap parts. I had Goodrige lines on my 944 Turbo, and they're universally respected in pretty much all car circles.

ATE Super Blue is better than OEM fluid, it has a higher boiling point. Also, the blue color makes it easy to tell when you have fully flushed the system. Ask around a track day, I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the cars are running Super Blue.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Banned

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Mercedes-Benz&autoModel=C43&autoYear=1998&autoModClar=

$115 at TireRack, that's the only place I'm finding them. Remember what happens when you lose your brakes, you don't want to screw around with cheap parts. I had Goodrige lines on my 944 Turbo, and they're universally respected in pretty much all car circles.

ATE Super Blue is better than OEM fluid, it has a higher boiling point. Also, the blue color makes it easy to tell when you have fully flushed the system. Ask around a track day, I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the cars are running Super Blue.
Hi buddy, thanks for your help.
I made a better search on Ebay and found some sellers that have goodridge in stock,
So choosing between Magnum and Goodridge, I guess goodrigde wins by TKO. am I right here.

using the search function here There are DELRIN bushings for the sway bars, where are these to be found? On ebay or where>?
Thanks

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-30-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:16 AM

Plays With Cars
I'd go with Goodrige, no question. They may be more, but $120 is cheap for anything by Mercedes standards.

Delrin or Polyurethane? Delrin is a fairly hard plastic, I don't think I've ever seen it used as a sway bar bushing. You have a link or something?
Old 01-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Banned

I'd go with Goodrige, no question. They may be more, but $120 is cheap for anything by Mercedes standards.

Delrin or Polyurethane? Delrin is a fairly hard plastic, I don't think I've ever seen it used as a sway bar bushing. You have a link or something?
I just made a search for polybushings.
there were a few guys who wrote about delrin bushings for swaybars on this forum.
cheers bud