Staggering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tasho3
1 more C43 owner from Balkan here
maybe we should start a Balkan AMG club!
On internet!

Well if you guys didn't experiance ALL the construction flaws on these cars, they will eventually come, maybe you haven't noticed THEM yet or the previous owner took care of the problems?

Everybody is familiar with transmission problems!
Same with HU on climate control losing the digits!

But what about the clear coat paint loss on certain places on doors and trunk?

And the hidden rust problems, under rubber seals on all 4 doors!
I had my car WAX protected from the stealership on upper parts of the doors under the rubbers protecting from road turbulence!

I have attached a picture on a rust trap!
It's the spunge rubber sealing on both sides of firewall edges, left/right side!
If you fold these rubber seals you see they cover the firewall metal wall!
If you are a notoric buff n shine type of guy then you wash your engine often to make it look clean!
These rubber seals never dry up from engine heat in the bay!
I noticed rust on my car in exactly the same place!
I advice you to take a look to se if your car is infected by rust!
Take of this long rubber seal on the edges that goes from left to right side and fold out the spunge seal that is clamped on the edges!
Rust or no rust!

Overall these cars are nice but they are sensitive if driven in salt drenched climates!
They will rust!
These cars are not as good as AUDI'S rustprotected body!
Audi had aluminium body for long time on A8 model range!
And the 3,4 5,6 model range they have great rustprotected body!

Well I have my car for 5 years now and I never drove it during winter, the finish on my car will be ****ed up from salt!
I don't want that!
7 months of driving is enough for me

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 08-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
Newly Formed: Save An AMG Program

I think in order to "preserve the breed", ROW ("rest of world") owners should ship their cars to California. Sorry, we're only taking cars. The owners will have to stay home as one Schwarzenegger style accent is all this state can take at this point - no offense intended for those who speak in an incomprehensible semi-English dialect.

What can your car expect? Since the US is the largest market for AMG vehicles outside of Germany, and California is the largest market in the US, this should feel like summer in Affalterbach. Here in SoCal, "winter" means a ("single") rain storm passes through once every six weeks or so. NoCal sees a lot more weather, but neither place sees road salt. We'll drive your cars on our salt free roads, and they’ll live long, rust free lives. In order to stay in touch, we'll post photos, allow the original owners to pay registration fees, and forward the repair invoices. That way, the owners can see how well their prized possessions are doing. At this point, I think we can support the "Free Range AMG" project at no charge. You may want to ship your car quickly though, spots are going fast.

LASTLY, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, California Speedway (which someone renamed to Auto Club Speedway, even though AAA insurance won’t cover track day damage- so the original owners are getting that bill too), and other track events are extra cost items. Don't worry though, we'll take pay-pal for track day fees (yes my new helmet and Pumas ARE considered track day fees).

ABSOLUTE LASTLY, if someone ships us a rust bucket that's too far gone for SAFE high speed passes (or the car is lacking a working AC system), we reserve the right to place that vehicle in our "organ donor" program. That's where we strip the heap for the good stuff and flood EBAY with the leftover crap.

For those with Schwarzenegger reading comprehension, this is a joke. Or "choke" as the governator would say it. Anyone who actually ships "me" a car is guaranteed to have it stripped.

Last edited by MarcusF; 12-27-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
^^^^^^^^ Times 1000!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM

C36 AMG
Originally Posted by MarcusF
I think in order to "preserve the breed", ROW ("rest of world") owners should ship their cars to California. Sorry, we're only taking cars. The owners will have to stay home as one Schwarzenegger style accent is all this state can take at this point - no offense intended for those who speak in an incomprehensible semi-English dialect.

What can your car expect? Since the US is the largest market for AMG vehicles outside of Germany, and California is the largest market in the US, this should feel like summer in Affalterbach. Here in SoCal, "winter" means a ("single") rain storm passes through once every six weeks or so. NoCal sees a lot more weather, but neither place sees road salt. We'll drive your cars on our salt free roads, and they’ll live long, rust free lives. In order to stay in touch, we'll post photos, allow the original owners to pay registration fees, and forward the repair invoices. That way, the owners can see how well their prized possessions are doing. At this point, I think we can support the "Free Range AMG" project at no charge. You may want to ship your car quickly though, spots are going fast.

LASTLY, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, California Speedway (which someone renamed to Auto Club Speedway, even though AAA insurance won’t cover track day damage- so the original owners are getting that bill too), and other track events are extra cost items. Don't worry though, we'll take pay-pal for track day fees (yes my new helmet and Pumas ARE considered track day fees).

ABSOLUTE LASTLY, if someone ships us a rust bucket that's too far gone for SAFE high speed passes (or the car is lacking a working AC system), we reserve the right to place that vehicle in our "organ donor" program. That's where we strip the heap for the good stuff and flood EBAY with the leftover crap.

For those with Schwarzenegger reading comprehension, this is a joke. Or "choke" as the governator would say it. Anyone who actually ships "me" a car is guaranteed to have it stripped.
Sure I'll ship you mine.... WHEN PIGS GROW WINGS! LMFAOOO
(good post anyways, LOL)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:33 AM

C43
Wait...pigs DON'T have wings? *****, I lost that bet.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
I'll make my car into a Scaramanga car!
I 'll fly over the pond to the US with my C43!
Ride like the wind, oh yeah, oh yeah!
I will fly with Lucy in the sky with diamonds!
Oh, I realized I don't have LSD on my car, I have ESP!