Funny Valet Parking Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Funny Valet Parking Story

So the I both love and hate how rare our cars are because some of the questions people ask when they see it makes me very sad. hah I had to Valet my car the other day because parking at the mall here is still a nightmare from the holidays and when I came back out to get my car, the valet attendant looked really stumped as he handed me my keys. So, I asked him if some thing was wrong, thinking maybe some one backed into my car or it was making an odd sound when he parked it. He looked at me and said, um why does your C230 sound like a mustang GT? I had been drinking inside for happy hour, so I couldn't help but laugh as soon as he said it, I just grinned and said because this is a C43 AMG, it has a V8 in it from the factory. He, laughed and said, sorry I thought maybe you just put AMG badges on it and a really nice exhaust because ive never heard on a C43. I said, nah, thats all good, most people haven't. He handed me my keys and drove off this shaking my head. A C230?! haha He didn't even guess it was a C280!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by austinholloman
So the I both love and hate how rare our cars are because some of the questions people ask when they see it makes me very sad. hah I had to Valet my car the other day because parking at the mall here is still a nightmare from the holidays and when I came back out to get my car, the valet attendant looked really stumped as he handed me my keys. So, I asked him if some thing was wrong, thinking maybe some one backed into my car or it was making an odd sound when he parked it. He looked at me and said, um why does your C230 sound like a mustang GT? I had been drinking inside for happy hour, so I couldn't help but laugh as soon as he said it, I just grinned and said because this is a C43 AMG, it has a V8 in it from the factory. He, laughed and said, sorry I thought maybe you just put AMG badges on it and a really nice exhaust because ive never heard on a C43. I said, nah, thats all good, most people haven't. He handed me my keys and drove off this shaking my head. A C230?! haha He didn't even guess it was a C280!
Could be worse, he could of thought is was a C220
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
valet maybe took your car on a joyride, burning some rubber while you were shopping?
and after the joyride parked it nicely and you wouldn't know what he did!
maybe it only happens in Hollywood or in the movies, I dunno know?
burning som stick shift manual clutches on your expensive Ferraries by the incompetent valet ain't fun!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would agree but he was the only guy working and if he had driven my car, he sure as hell would have known it wasn't a C230!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by austinholloman
I would agree but he was the only guy working and if he had driven my car, he sure as hell would have known it wasn't a C230!
maybe he was playing funky to you?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1996 Mercedes C36 AMG
Originally Posted by kowalski
valet maybe took your car on a joyride, burning some rubber while you were shopping?
and after the joyride parked it nicely and you wouldn't know what he did!
maybe it only happens in Hollywood or in the movies, I dunno know?
burning som stick shift manual clutches on your expensive Ferraries by the incompetent valet ain't fun!
hah read this! that is exactly what some of them do.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...parking-valet/
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jasssc
hah read this! that is exactly what some of them do.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...parking-valet/
interesting information!
I guess it's not only in the movies valets pork your car.
Great service from valet gives most of the time great tips from the car owner.

Lucky for me we don't have any valet parking where I live!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It would really suck if you came right back and got caught screwing around with someone else car. I would kill me some valet.