I'm so pissed off! buyer beware!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by UK-C200
Interesting, I still think I would have contacted Kleemann. I've got friends with $12k+ worth of Kleemann upgrades in each of their cars, and have had zero issues and excellent service. I'm getting ready to drop a chunk of change in my '55 as well...

From a pre-sales standpoint, I can't say enough good things about Cory. From 3rd hand, after-sales followup has been excellent as well.
Or, KLEEMANN should make sure they have done the best job they can before their product leaves the factory. You dont hear of a tuner calling a customer back and telling the customer here is some money back, so why should the customer give the tuner a break!!! I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but i m sick of hearing of this BIG TUNER companies that get to charge whatever they want and than hear about cases like this!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
I literally laughed out loud when I read this
You will feel the same when you get yours!! I bet your feet can do better job on these headers too!!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by tasho3
Or, KLEEMANN should make sure they have done the best job they can before their product leaves the factory. You dont hear of a tuner calling a customer back and telling the customer here is some money back, so why should the customer give the tuner a break!!! I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but i m sick of hearing of this BIG TUNER companies that get to charge whatever they want and than hear about cases like this!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by Motorsport3
I don't plan on contacting Kleemann for this issue because there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap. I've already machined and re-surfaced the flanges and made the driver side header to clear the motor mount. The y-pipe for driver side will be fabricated to fit and maybe the down pipes needs some work too. I guess the quality control went down after the price drop.

I had similar problems with the flanges on my W210 Kleemann headers. Kleemann resolved the problem and send a new set with no hassle.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post2431837
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by suicidal4life
I had similar problems with the flanges on my W210 Kleemann headers. Kleemann resolved the problem and send a new set with no hassle.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post2431837
That thread explained a lot about these headers.... and my worries became true. I OFFICIALLY GOT CHINESE MADE HEADERS FOR $1500!!!!! AWESOME!!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
whatever the reason or outcome, if a $1500 product looks like carlos esteves welded it while high and in a groupie.. i think i would've returned it rather than hacked the product.. at least from this thread cory seems to be willing to resolve the issue, unlike some other tuners i've seen where money is taken while product may or may not even be delivered.

...and I think I could assemble those headers better and prettier with my feet....
on a lighter side of the conversation.. ur avatar only makes this statement funnier.

anyway.. gl with it!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
I know I should have returned it for another one. Also, its correct about Cory trying to stand up for there product. Thats why I'm keeping my mouth shut even though there was more problem than I mentioned before. I dont want to say anything about the headers anymore.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
I don't plan on contacting Kleemann for this issue because there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap. I've already machined and re-surfaced the flanges and made the driver side header to clear the motor mount. The y-pipe for driver side will be fabricated to fit and maybe the down pipes needs some work too. I guess the quality control went down after the price drop.

I know I'm digging up an old thread here but I think Kleemann would have taken care of you. I had the same issues with my W210 headers and Kleemann exchanged them for me. But it really does suck that errors like this slip past the quality control. Especially when you have install appointments already set up and have to reschedule.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ader-pics.html
Old 11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
I just bought some Kleemann headers that have the same short pipe as Motorsport3's had. Cory was up front about this issue and gave me a DEAL on my headers. I am taking them in today to be modified, total price headers + modification = less than $1000. I too will be swain coating mine before the install.

This is the mod I have been waiting a long time for, basically since I bought my car almost 2 years ago and now its almost here
Old 11-08-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Not only did I did up an old thread but I dug up an old thread I'd already posted in Must have been pretty tired last night
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Yea it still sucks that I had to modify mine as well as the drivers side was hitting one of my steering components as I made hard left u turns, Very annoying but I paid to have that fixed. Kleemann dropped the ball on the W202/208 headers.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...... Kleemann of course is a very reputable company, but their headers are just not quite up there in quality compared to the rest of their products. I don't think it's intentional or bad faith. I have owned quite a few of these and finally replacing one with MBH headers after welding and re-welding and re-welding. Cory and everyone at Kleemann absolutely do try their best to take care of you, but after a while you, do worry that you might be creating the impression that you are looking for a discount. That's just normal human nature.

Ted
Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 AM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...... Kleemann of course is a very reputable company, but their headers are just not quite up there in quality compared to the rest of their products. I don't think it's intentional or bad faith. I have owned quite a few of these and finally replacing one with MBH headers after welding and re-welding and re-welding. Cory and everyone at Kleemann absolutely do try their best to take care of you, but after a while you, do worry that you might be creating the impression that you are looking for a discount. That's just normal human nature.

Ted
Thats what I worried about and didnt wanna look like a internet moron who bashes a product to get a discount. I do give a crap about the 2h labor money that I had to shell out just to make it possible to fit, but I didnt bother dealing with kleemann since i had an impression that they wouldnt do a thing about it. I bet they knew the headers won't fit without modification, but they never bothered to tell their customer and that was a good sign of their customer service. I'd rather burn my hard earned money than letting someone treat me like a sucker who would do anything for discount.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Thats what I worried about and didnt wanna look like a internet moron who bashes a product to get a discount. I do give a crap about the 2h labor money that I had to shell out just to make it possible to fit, but I didnt bother dealing with kleemann since i had an impression that they wouldnt do a thing about it. I bet they knew the headers won't fit without modification, but they never bothered to tell their customer and that was a good sign of their customer service. I'd rather burn my hard earned money than letting someone treat me like a sucker who would do anything for discount.
Of course they know.

Just about everyone I know that has ordered the W202/208 headers has had to modify them for the steering ridiculous. Then the $ you pay for these things is incredible for the workmanship quality.

I spent so much damn time putting them on that I was not about to take them off and send them back.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Unfortunately there really isn't a better option than Kleemann right now. Lets get a group buy on mbh headers for 202/208!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:10 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Unfortunately there really isn't a better option than Kleemann right now. Lets get a group buy on mbh headers for 202/208!
I was thinking of getting mbh headers but it would cost way too much so I gave up. Kleemann is better than nothing so i'm settled but I doubt they make the power they claim.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 Amg
Wow I thought kleemen was a good quality company I guess I was wrong. Im scared now I wanted to buy these headers for my car. Probably never going to do headers now. Just a C55 drop in one day ahh