C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

I'm so pissed off! buyer beware!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
I'm so pissed off! buyer beware!!

I got kleemann headers about a month ago and its getting installed with supercharger now. The first impression of the header I felt was really bad. It looked worse than ebay crap from china. So, I worried a bit about the quality and longetivity, as well as the fitment. Those headers look so cheap and crappy I just couldn't stop worrying. Well, I got a call from the shop yesterday and I was told that the flanges that attach to the engine needed to be machined. The flanges were not sitting level and it would cause major leak. Hmmmm... okay well I knew the quality was not up there for what I paid. So, I went ahead and machined the flanges yesterday. Guess what, I got another call today and the driver side header was hitting the motor mount... okay more fabrication... they heated up the header and bent the header and it cleaered the motor mount. I was hoping for no more issues with the fitment and then I got another call....
The y-pipe conneting the diver side headers was about 1-1.5 inches off... wow perfect!! now I can spend more money and chop that crap and fabricate that crap and it will be true custom headers.... what a fu(kin crap... I've never experienced anything like this, and I think any ebay crap for any car would have much better fitment than this.
For some reason, I thought Kleemann was a reputable tuner and up to par with Renntech or Brabus... not even close... they aren't any better than ebay wanna be tuners who source their crap from some country side of china.
Well, after all this lovely experince, I'm thinking those headers must have come from china.
I'm never buying any crap from Kleemann ever again and I thank God that I didn't get Kleemann SC.

p.s. I have nothing against chinese or the country china!! I'm asian, too. I'm from south korea. It's just when it comes to car parts there are some ridiculous stuff come from china. I even spend hundreds on pu-erh tea and enjoy it everyday.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
too bad your experiance about Kleeman headers wasn't on the happy side!
They look mighty expensive.
I was thinking to get these to have a clean look in the engine bay, factory headers looks like pooh when they get brownish and the flanges are rusty!
I assume it's a waste of cash buying Kleeman headers?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
JUST IN TIME!!! I was about to order these headers. MAN without kleemann what header option do we have!!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Maybe they had an off day when they made Motorsport3's headers? I always thought Kleeman was very reputable. Speedybenz and Money-One have Kleeman headers, right? Did they mention fitment issues?

Anyway, unfortunate for Motorsport3. Hope you get it resolved soon, mate.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
The quality of the materials used on the headers are almost identical to chinese made ebay headers, but this is only option for us and it would've been okay to spend $1500 on these headers if they fit fine. I have to admit that I will still buy these headers since its the only option, but I will be prepared to spend extra money just to get the damn thing fit.
Everything will work out but needs to put more money down.. and time as well.
Thank you guy for all kind words!!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM

2006 C55
Did you take photos of all the problems you had, and ask the company what they will do to help you.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 PM

C43K AMG 436 rwhp moded ML55 AMG 190td 190e 2.3-16v moded EK9 Civic
Tell you what i'll say it... if their made in china, it's junk. Thats messed up about the headers. I think kleemann stuff is now 50% off if you buy from kleemann. I paid $3200 for mine, but that was like 7 years ago.

Last edited by amgmaster4343; 02-23-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
that sux! sorry to hear about your problems, bc the headers seem like they would be awesome. also, on another note, i think the word "fitment" is a noun, not an adjective. not trying to intentionally be an **** *** here, but posting this more out of my own curiosity. all the definitions of "fitment" i find online say it's a noun. correct me if i am wrong, or, just ignore me if you don't care! lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have you contacted Cory @ kleemann??
Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
I don't plan on contacting Kleemann for this issue because there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap. I've already machined and re-surfaced the flanges and made the driver side header to clear the motor mount. The y-pipe for driver side will be fabricated to fit and maybe the down pipes needs some work too. I guess the quality control went down after the price drop.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Motorsport3
I got kleemann headers about a month ago and its getting installed with supercharger now. The first impression of the header I felt was really bad. It looked worse than ebay crap from china. So, I worried a bit about the quality and longetivity, as well as the fitment. Those headers look so cheap and crappy I just couldn't stop worrying. Well, I got a call from the shop yesterday and I was told that the flanges that attach to the engine needed to be machined. The flanges were not sitting level and it would cause major leak. Hmmmm... okay well I knew the quality was not up there for what I paid. So, I went ahead and machined the flanges yesterday. Guess what, I got another call today and the driver side header was hitting the motor mount... okay more fabrication... they heated up the header and bent the header and it cleaered the motor mount. I was hoping for no more issues with the fitment and then I got another call....
The y-pipe conneting the diver side headers was about 1-1.5 inches off... wow perfect!! now I can spend more money and chop that crap and fabricate that crap and it will be true custom headers.... what a fu(kin crap... I've never experienced anything like this, and I think any ebay crap for any car would have much better fitment than this.
For some reason, I thought Kleemann was a reputable tuner and up to par with Renntech or Brabus... not even close... they aren't any better than ebay wanna be tuners who source their crap from some country side of china.
Well, after all this lovely experince, I'm thinking those headers must have come from china.
I'm never buying any crap from Kleemann ever again and I thank God that I didn't get Kleemann SC.

p.s. I have nothing against chinese or the country china!! I'm asian, too. I'm from south korea. It's just when it comes to car parts there are some ridiculous stuff come from china. I even spend hundreds on pu-erh tea and enjoy it everyday.
wow this is just sad to read, such a let down from a company with a GIANT reputation!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I'm quite sorry to hear about this, and it saddens me when you assume that "there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap." This couldn't be farther from the truth. If you felt the headers were not up to your quality expectations, it would have been a good idea to contact us directly so we could work with you to solve the problems- something we do for each and every one of customers if any issues arise. I understand and appreciate your frustration, I truly do, however, we can't help rectify the problems if you don't contact us directly.

We have, and always will stand behind our products. Please, if you have any issues/problems/suggestions/opinions you would like to voice, contact us directly. We are reasonable people who value our clients.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 AM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
Interesting, I still think I would have contacted Kleemann. I've got friends with $12k+ worth of Kleemann upgrades in each of their cars, and have had zero issues and excellent service. I'm getting ready to drop a chunk of change in my '55 as well...

From a pre-sales standpoint, I can't say enough good things about Cory. From 3rd hand, after-sales followup has been excellent as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
I don't plan on contacting Kleemann for this issue because there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap. I've already machined and re-surfaced the flanges and made the driver side header to clear the motor mount. The y-pipe for driver side will be fabricated to fit and maybe the down pipes needs some work too. I guess the quality control went down after the price drop.
this response is sad and wrong. you should always give the vendor an oppor-
tunity to rectify the problem before presuming sheeet about them.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
I'm quite sorry to hear about this, and it saddens me when you assume that "there's nothing they can do. If I did contact them, they would have treated me like some punk trying to get some more discount on the headers and wouldn't even admit there were issues with their crap." This couldn't be farther from the truth. If you felt the headers were not up to your quality expectations, it would have been a good idea to contact us directly so we could work with you to solve the problems- something we do for each and every one of customers if any issues arise. I understand and appreciate your frustration, I truly do, however, we can't help rectify the problems if you don't contact us directly.

We have, and always will stand behind our products. Please, if you have any issues/problems/suggestions/opinions you would like to voice, contact us directly. We are reasonable people who value our clients.
Hi Cory! hows it goin?? This is Curtis!
I'm sorry if that sounded that bad but I think there's nothing you can do still. I told you a while ago about the headers looking to flow very well when I asked you if you had any twin screw supercharger in hand. I still think these headers are the only product for c43 that makes power. However, knowing the quality of the product, I didn't want to exchange and try another set. Yes, Kleemann headers quality is that low IMHO.
Okay, lets say Kleemann was a BMW tuner and you were selling these headers.... hmm.... I bet you would be out of business and your products would be bashed to bottom of the earth. Maybe you should check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heade...Q5fAccessories

these are Supersprint knock offs and I've seen and used both supersprint and these knock off since supersprint cracked after 3years in my m3. Do they work?? sure they do. Is the quality up to par with supersprint?? not quiite there, but but better than what I got from Kleemann and there was no problem.
Cory, do you get my point?? I'm pissed off because a reputable international tuner like Kleemann is selling such low quality product like this and I have no other choice than kleemann. I would be shamed if I were to produce and sell stuffs like this. Man, you guys should seriously think about bringing the quality up to compete with other tuners out there....
Cory, I really appreciate your concern and standing up for your customer. I truely do. I will work this out on my end, but if theres cracking or leaking over time I will definately let you know!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by UK-C200
Interesting, I still think I would have contacted Kleemann. I've got friends with $12k+ worth of Kleemann upgrades in each of their cars, and have had zero issues and excellent service. I'm getting ready to drop a chunk of change in my '55 as well...

From a pre-sales standpoint, I can't say enough good things about Cory. From 3rd hand, after-sales followup has been excellent as well.
I got this car 3 month ago for $12k then I spent more than $24k on the car and there are no issues with any other parts but these $1500 headers. So, your friends got SC from kleemann and never had any issues... good to hear and I've heard that over and over.
However, we are talking about headers here which most likely out sourced from overseas.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by raymond g-
this response is sad and wrong. you should always give the vendor an oppor-
tunity to rectify the problem before presuming sheeet about them.
I'm rectifying the problem on my own, and I'm sharing my experience so other potential buyers know about the product before they get into it. I'm not scaring off any customers since this is the only option for c43. If someone wants working worth while headers, then Kleemann is the only choice.Sure it may need some work here and there or maybe no extra work needed at all. It sounds really bitter but I think its not worth to try another set. It's that bad.
Furthermore, I rather share my experience with other member of C43/36 forum than shutting my mouth up and keep it to my only experience after talking to the vendor. Do you think its right to talk to the vendor and write review like this? or can you do it?? if the vendor didn't want to see review like this, they shouldn't have sold such poor crap like this.
I think this forum members deserve to know about my situation and the problem with Kleemann headers. This is more fair for us forum members than shutting up and sucking vendors ***** for crap.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have been emailing with Cory back and forth and they really have me convinced. They will send you header after header until you are satisfied (granted I do question why they wouldn't be able to get a repeatable product) so I figure I will be getting mine installed at a certified kleemann dealer/installer and if there are issues I'm not going to be the one paying for it. I do feel for you and your experience though, it really sucks to get a product that you paid a large amount for and have the quality be subpar.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
is it possible you got an e55 header by mistake?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
I have been emailing with Cory back and forth and they really have me convinced. They will send you header after header until you are satisfied (granted I do question why they wouldn't be able to get a repeatable product) so I figure I will be getting mine installed at a certified kleemann dealer/installer and if there are issues I'm not going to be the one paying for it. I do feel for you and your experience though, it really sucks to get a product that you paid a large amount for and have the quality be subpar.
Wow, thats really good to hear! I know Cory stands up for his product! Hope you get the right one the first time, since you must think about the labor and down time as well. I chose to fix it on my own because if you look at the whole header, there are imperfection just about every welds where two pieces meet. They lined up crooked and I think I could assemble those headers better and prettier with my feet. Unless they change the whole manufacturing process and the material they use it would be about the same... Hope you best luck!!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM

I got this car 3 month ago for $12k then I spent more than $24k on the car and there are no issues with any other parts but these $1500 headers. So, your friends got SC from kleemann and never had any issues... good to hear and I've heard that over and over.
However, we are talking about headers here which most likely out sourced from overseas.

From Kleemann - S/C, headers and a tune - which is the same path I'm headed down with mine.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by svt ricco
is it possible you got an e55 header by mistake?
I really hope thats the case but no... this is for c43 which is designed to clear huge steering box.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM

Dynocomped C43K, 08 X5
Originally Posted by UK-C200
From Kleemann - S/C, headers and a tune - which is the same path I'm headed down with mine.
Good luck with your plans!! That thing's gonna be a beast!!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:48 PM

Good luck with your plans!! That thing's gonna be a beast!!
Yeah, the last one Cory did is putting down 445hp, so I think that will keep a smile on my face as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, thats really good to hear! I know Cory stands up for his product! Hope you get the right one the first time, since you must think about the labor and down time as well. I chose to fix it on my own because if you look at the whole header, there are imperfection just about every welds where two pieces meet. They lined up crooked and I think I could assemble those headers better and prettier with my feet. Unless they change the whole manufacturing process and the material they use it would be about the same... Hope you best luck!!
I literally laughed out loud when I read this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm so pissed off! buyer beware!!