Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2016 | 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Originally Posted by Tej7
I don't know about the 43's, but it cannot be retrofitted on the 450's.
why 1 and not the other? engines and exhaust are identical on non perf. exhaust cars....
Old 09-09-2016 | 09:43 PM

Just bit the bullet and emailed my SA to get his insight on the US delay claims. Will report back when I hear from him (assuming it will take a few days as he usually reaches out to his Corporate contacts or an AMG contact in Germany, depending on who is best suited to answer).
Old 09-09-2016 | 11:30 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
why 1 and not the other? engines and exhaust are identical on non perf. exhaust cars....
Then it's probably the same for both cars then. The only reason I was sure about the 450 is because multiple members have inquired retrofitting the perf. exhaust, but have been told it's not possible. If they're identical, then it's safe to assume that it's not possible for the 43 either.
Old 09-09-2016 | 11:37 PM

Wonder if it's a nightmare for them to try to wire the button for the exhaust or something? I know jack **** about cars or manual labor though, so just a complete guess.
Old 09-10-2016 | 02:46 AM

2016 C63, 2017 S5
I don't know about the 43's, but it cannot be retrofitted on the 450's.
I'm not 100% on this (because of this thread) but I would assume it is possible. If the exhaust can be removed and an aftermarket one fitted then I see no reason why the AMG one cannot be also. Unless there is no way of buying it of course which I presume there is...it's more money for Merc at the end of the day!

With regard to wiring, I'm sure that can also be fitted retrospectively if the loom isn't already present in the centre console (most likely).
Old 09-10-2016 | 02:55 AM

2016 C63, 2017 S5
For anyone wondering, this is why you need the exhaust in your life...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/niv1e5l37t...2021.mov?raw=1
Old 09-10-2016 | 03:00 AM

2019 E63S
Originally Posted by VijayB

Outstanding!
Old 09-10-2016 | 03:02 AM

C43 Coupe
I'm not 100% on this (because of this thread) but I would assume it is possible. If the exhaust can be removed and an aftermarket one fitted then I see no reason why the AMG one cannot be also. Unless there is no way of buying it of course which I presume there is...it's more money for Merc at the end of the day!

With regard to wiring, I'm sure that can also be fitted retrospectively if the loom isn't already present in the centre console (most likely).
Unless you have some sort of unique or special relationship with your dealership, they will not do this for you. Quick way to find out? Call your local dealership and ask.
Old 09-10-2016 | 03:41 AM

2016 C63, 2017 S5
Unless you have some sort of unique or special relationship with your dealership, they will not do this for you. Quick way to find out? Call your local dealership and ask.
My dealer said they are happy to retrofit anything that is available on the car from factory however it will come with a Mercedes premium so he advised I go to an independent to get work like that carried out.
Old 09-10-2016 | 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
There are a few things to consider when trying to retrofit something to your Merc:
  1. A VIN that includes the retrofitted option is required to order the parts.
  2. In most cases, the VIN should be a VIN of a car that is a "superset" of your car (meaning, if your car has options A, F, and Q; and you want to add option W, then the VIN needed to order the parts should include options A, F, Q, and W). This isn't always mandatory, but it will make life a lot easier if you are replacing wiring harnesses, and switches in the cabin, etc.
  3. In most cases, pricing is going to be dealer replacement pricing (even if you are lucky enough to only have to pay the dealer cost). So the price to add the option to a new build is going to be a fraction of the price that you have to pay after the fact.
  4. After the work is done, your VIN needs to be updated to include the new option (this can be less than intuitive even for the skilled MB master mechanic).

With this in mind, having a "special" relationship with your dealership is pretty much a must. (And if you are lucky enough to have this relationship, I would suggest that any retrofit is possible).

If I don't follow through with my plans to build an E63S, I'll try the exhaust retrofit on a 450.
Old 09-10-2016 | 10:21 AM

Sounds great, thanks for posting! Always excited to see/listen to new videos of the exhaust.

Was this in a sedan or Coupe? I know the sounds differ between the two cars, by design.
Old 09-10-2016 | 10:46 AM

C43 Coupe
My dealer said they are happy to retrofit anything that is available on the car from factory however it will come with a Mercedes premium so he advised I go to an independent to get work like that carried out.
You're one of the lucky ones then
The following users liked this post:
VijayB (09-11-2016)
Old 09-10-2016 | 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Just bit the bullet and emailed my SA to get his insight on the US delay claims. Will report back when I hear from him (assuming it will take a few days as he usually reaches out to his Corporate contacts or an AMG contact in Germany, depending on who is best suited to answer).
He got back to me. Cliff notes:

- Will check with colleague directly at MB Distribution on Monday to get the full story
- Doesnt expect/hasn't heard anything about recertification or any issues
- Only 198 C450s left in the US, across 370 dealers, which is not "a lot"
- Said my September Decade 3 production estimate now has a schedule build completion date of 10/7, so unless he hears otherwise from his colleague on Monday, he expects it to be delivered around 10/17 (not sure if he forgot the Coupe comes from Germany here? 10 day delivery seems short but I'm not familiar with normal timing. Also not sure if the 10/7 build date is standard timing on a 9 D3 production allocation or not?)
Old 09-10-2016 | 01:44 PM

C43 Coupe

- Will check with colleague directly at MB Distribution on Monday to get the full story
- Said my September Decade 3 production estimate now has a schedule build completion date of 10/7, so unless he hears otherwise from his colleague on Monday, he expects it to be delivered around 10/17 (not sure if he forgot the Coupe comes from Germany here? 10 day delivery seems short but I'm not familiar with normal timing. Also not sure if the 10/7 build date is standard timing on a 9 D3 production allocation or not?)
Let's just hope it's all good news
Old 09-10-2016 | 02:14 PM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Yeah hopefully its all smooth sailing after build completion

Mine is the sedan (so Alabama) and is scheduled for a build date in decade 1 of September and last I check it was in production
Old 09-10-2016 | 11:22 PM

C43 Coupe

That seems VERY quick on delivery, been tracking mine, and from departure from Bremerhaven to Halifax is supposed to take 14 days. Then add the extra time for one of the 2 stops in the States(not sure where you are located) I'd say he's a little ambitious on timeline. That or the build is being completed sooner then he is thinking and the delivery then might happen in the timeline.
Old 09-11-2016 | 05:19 AM

2016 C63, 2017 S5
Sounds great, thanks for posting! Always excited to see/listen to new videos of the exhaust.

Was this in a sedan or Coupe? I know the sounds differ between the two cars, by design.
No worries, I'm sure I'll be posting more now it's on my driveway . This was in the coupe. It definitely sounds more aggressive in that than the saloon/estate.
Old 09-11-2016 | 11:25 AM

No worries, I'm sure I'll be posting more now it's on my driveway . This was in the coupe. It definitely sounds more aggressive in that than the saloon/estate.
Thats awesome, congrats man! Can't wait to see and hear more.
Old 09-11-2016 | 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Well my car just isn't here yet, it's been at the Baltimore port for a month already.. It was produced on time on August 8th.. Baltimore or about a 5 hour drive from here so I can't imagine it being in transport.. There is definitely something holding it up
Old 09-11-2016 | 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Well my car just isn't here yet, it's been at the Baltimore port for a month already.. It was produced on time on August 8th.. Baltimore or about a 5 hour drive from here so I can't imagine it being in transport.. There is definitely something holding it up
Yes we are all aware it hasn't been certified for release in the US yet.
The following users liked this post:
Eclipse155 (09-12-2016)
Old 09-11-2016 | 08:03 PM

2016 C43 OMG
Originally Posted by yungkek
Hello everyone. After 5 months of waiting my C43 sedan finally arrived. When I went to check out the car I discovered that it didn't have the performance exhaust package which was the main reason I had opted for the (semi)AMG model.

Obviously I'm extremely disappointed at the moment and left the car at the dealership. I'm currently thinking whether I should ask them to install a custom exhaust system or cancel the deal altogether.

Does someone know if there have been more similar problems with performance exhausts in Europe or was it excluded because of my dealerships carelessness? Somebody said in another thread that performance exhaust system is not allowed in the EU but the dealership told me nothing and I couldn't find a credible source which would confirm this.

Also, which is the best aftermarket exhaust system for C43?
I can confirm you that, because I've had the same issue. The only way you could've avoided it was if your sales person would've been caring enough to (by following day to day the changes that had been happening within the transition from the C450 to the C43 models), advise you'd had the chance to ask for the switchable sport exhaust option.

JFYI, I can confirm as well, after about less than half the length of the running in of my unit (1000km.) a mileage of 10,68mpg (22l/100km) driving spirituously but within the running in range, which is under 4500rpm and not abruptly in any case.
Old 09-11-2016 | 10:53 PM

C43 Coupe
Well... My boat has left it's last port before it hits Halifax! Yes I've been a little anxious and tracking it like 3 times a day... I think I have a problem lol

Old 09-11-2016 | 11:23 PM

C43
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
Well... My boat has left it's last port before it hits Halifax! Yes I've been a little anxious and tracking it like 3 times a day... I think I have a problem lol

That's great man ,
I will have your problem until December lol 😬
Old 09-12-2016 | 11:51 AM

Further follow up from my dealer regarding C43 release in the US:

I have just spoken to my colleagues in MBUSA distribution who have told me that the 2017 C43 is scheduled for a Mid-October release, so your vehicle should have no delay, it should arrive here in early November.

Old 09-12-2016 | 11:55 AM

C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Master-Spud

I have the same condition...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43