C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dinan Tune for W205 3.0L C43 AMG Preorder!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by dk410
i just received and installed mine today. Am I right in saying that there shouldn't be any "learning" process for this piggyback tune as it is simply tricking the car into thinking it needs more boost?

The reason I ask is because I haven't driven too much at all since installing it, but I don't feel like I'm noticing much difference.

Also, should the boost meter in the AMG screen be acting differently at all as a result of installing the tune?
Boost meter will not change.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by CFG
Typical experience.
This was my fear--that the power gains would be imperceptible.

I just didn't want to invest much in the way of mods on a lease, but this seemed to be a nice value proposition.

I'll play around with turning it on and off to see if I notice anything...

:/
Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
If anyone is looking to sell their Dinan Sport for the C43, please PM me.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Recommending Against Ordering This Product

So I shared my issue with my piggyback having some manufacturing defects. I understand that early production models may have some kinks that need to be worked out. I figured that swapping the unit for a good one should be relatively quick and easy. I was wrong.

The problem I encountered was on the service side from Dinan. They have been unresponsive with Golan. They took almost two weeks to issue an RMA. I shipped them the tuner at my expense and over two weeks later they have failed to: ship a replacement, failed to contact either me or Golan at Autotalent, and failed to respond to Golan's follow up inquiries.

Golan has offered to simply refund my cc, so I took him up on it. I am glad that he is standing by the product even if the manufacturer doesn't

It appears they are not interested in customer service as it applies to their mass market experiment. This experience has left a bad impression upon me. I do not think I will be doing any business with Dinan in the future.

Caveat emptor!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Dinan Elite

Hey AutoTalent - Looks like Dinan has installed the Elite unit on a few cars on here. Not sure if they were test models or a fully finished product.

If we get some people together to buy the Elite could we get a Group Buy discount? If not, do you know if there will be a slight discount on the Elite unit for people like me who already have the Sport unit that ordered from you?

Any info on when Dinan is planning on publishing the new unit to vendors would be great. -- Thanks!