C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Package available in Canada without purchasing Premium Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
Driver Package available in Canada without purchasing Premium Package?

Hey All; new member here.

Currently driving an 2014 IS350 Fsport AWD but made the mistake of taking the 2016 AMG C43 for a test drive. Big mistake as I am now in discussions with my SA at Lexus about how to get out of my lease!

Anyway to make matters worse I test drove one with the Drivers Package and performance Exhaust!

So Question: Can you get just the driver's package without the Premium Package. I love the sound of the exhaust but wouldn't mind saving the $4,800 CN if I can!
Old 03-22-2017, 07:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43
Pretty sure you have to get the premium package to get that AMG Driver's package.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Need to get the premium package in order to get the AMG Driver's Package.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2013 C63 PP Sedan
You can get the AMG Drivers package on the Coupe without the Premium package, but not the Sedan.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by Mully78
You can get the AMG Drivers package on the Coupe without the Premium package, but not the Sedan.
True
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM

Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
Yah, that was what I thought. Okay guess it is only money and I am not sure I would want a car again with you handless entry and push start button anyway.

Another question, for cars bought in Canada: Can you negotiate not to get the summer performance tires and replace with all seasons?

I live in Ottawa and thinking the actual months that I could use true summer tires is pretty minimal. Also given the crazy change in temperatures you almost want to hold off on to Winter tires until December theses days.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by triggerhappy
Yah, that was what I thought. Okay guess it is only money and I am not sure I would want a car again with you handless entry and push start button anyway.

Another question, for cars bought in Canada: Can you negotiate not to get the summer performance tires and replace with all seasons?

I live in Ottawa and thinking the actual months that I could use true summer tires is pretty minimal. Also given the crazy change in temperatures you almost want to hold off on to Winter tires until December theses days.

I am in Ottawa and can't really picture this car, or any car for that matter, going with all-seasons. If you do not have to drive it everyday, you may get away with it, but as you know with this crazy winter, even winter tires were having a hard time with the weather we had.

My advice would be to get an 18" winter package. It will run you about 1800-2000 CAD. This, you can try and make part of your deal, but deals are to be had elsewhere, or on kijiji. I went through the 19" tire swap and it costs the same (purchasing 19" tires and swapping twice a year, storage) as going with an 18" package.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:50 PM

Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
Originally Posted by coladin
I am in Ottawa and can't really picture this car, or any car for that matter, going with all-seasons.

Did you mean summer tires? Cause All season makes a whole lot more sense than summer performance!

I actually drive all seasons through out the winter. No problem, just drive slower and leave more space. My theory is winter tires are pointless if you drive like an idiot, which is what I see a lot of people doing with winter tires! Winter tires are great when you have winter tires but drive like you have all seasons.

Anyway I will enquire about the winter package. thanks!
Old 03-23-2017, 01:04 PM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Did you mean summer tires? Cause All season makes a whole lot more sense than summer performance!

I actually drive all seasons through out the winter. No problem, just drive slower and leave more space. My theory is winter tires are pointless if you drive like an idiot, which is what I see a lot of people doing with winter tires! Winter tires are great when you have winter tires but drive like you have all seasons.

Anyway I will enquire about the winter package. thanks!

No no, I meant all-seasons in the winter!

I get what you are saying, and of course common sense should prevail in all conditions. My only concern, as a husband and father, would be this: am I doing everything I can in my power to keep myself and family safe? Sure enough, slow and steady and plenty of room takes care of yourself with all-seasons but in the event of an unforeseen event , beyond your control...you are going to want that winter tire that stops 15-20ft shorter.

To each their own, but I am not a believer in all-seasons. They are improving, but they will always be a compromise in order to work for 4 seasons. On top of that, a summer tire will provide more enjoyment, and a winter tire will as well! I have Nokians and they are fantastic on my C400 and will go on the C43.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
2020 C43 sedan(hers), 2021 Porsche 992 TurboS(his)
No no, I meant all-seasons in the winter!

I get what you are saying, and of course common sense should prevail in all conditions. My only concern, as a husband and father, would be this: am I doing everything I can in my power to keep myself and family safe? Sure enough, slow and steady and plenty of room takes care of yourself with all-seasons but in the event of an unforeseen event , beyond your control...you are going to want that winter tire that stops 15-20ft shorter.

To each their own, but I am not a believer in all-seasons. They are improving, but they will always be a compromise in order to work for 4 seasons. On top of that, a summer tire will provide more enjoyment, and a winter tire will as well! I have Nokians and they are fantastic on my C400 and will go on the C43.
+1 well said!

I went with 18" wheels and Michelin snow tires for my winter package and am quite happy with their snow performance.

I was hoping to soon put on my stock 19" wheels.... but looking out the window in Ottawa today it's
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 AM

Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
+1 well said!

I went with 18" wheels and Michelin snow tires for my winter package and am quite happy with their snow performance.

I was hoping to soon put on my stock 19" wheels.... but looking out the window in Ottawa today it's

I guess I don't love my family as much... all kidding a side.

Getting back to the topic of practicality of summer performance tires in Canada on days like this. Promo's are running on changing out winters with temperatures fluctuating between +10c - -16 and 5cms of snow.... .

Do you think I could get the dealer to provide all season's on the 19" rims instead of summer - performance? With the added HP in the Merc will definitely look at getting 18" winter tires and rims. Plus don't want to be driving on 19" rims in winter with the bone jarring pot holes we get here.

thanks for the advice btw.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
I'm on the side that votes for Performance Summer tires in Spring, Summer, and Fall - and Performance Winter tires in Winter.

All seasons are pretty garbage all year round. My cousin ended up with all seasons on his 16' Mustang GT and we would get substantial wheel spin between gears at higher RPMs.

I made the mistake of keeping on my Pirelli P-Zero summers during the first Toronto snowfall I had with the 4 series. My car literally slid sideways while standing stationary at at a red light
Old 03-24-2017, 11:52 AM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
+1 well said!

Bah, so depressing. Doesn't look like 2cm but I ain't touching the shovel. I'm done! I was going to get Michelins, wanted to try something different with the Nokians. Either way I definitely was not getting another set of Blizzaks. They wore poorly on my C400, 15000km and they were toast! This car, and this platform in general, is just stupid on tires. I thought nothing could beat my 507...at least I had a blast going through rears every 6000km!

Spring can't come fast enough...I'm in Riverside South and I think we are the last neighborhood to get any service
Old 03-24-2017, 01:27 PM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I guess I don't love my family as much... all kidding a side.

Getting back to the topic of practicality of summer performance tires in Canada on days like this. Promo's are running on changing out winters with temperatures fluctuating between +10c - -16 and 5cms of snow.... .

Do you think I could get the dealer to provide all season's on the 19" rims instead of summer - performance? With the added HP in the Merc will definitely look at getting 18" winter tires and rims. Plus don't want to be driving on 19" rims in winter with the bone jarring pot holes we get here.

thanks for the advice btw.
I think you can get all-seasons swapped and possibly a set of winters to make a deal. This time of year is always a great time of year to buy. Which dealer makes a difference too! Are you at Star or Ogilvie?

Even if you just get the tires, at Goldwing you can get a set of rims from there at a really good price and ten you are set!

I'm hoping my Brilliant Blue doesn't come early...I may have to put the winters on it dammit!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:47 PM

Lexus IS350; BMW 330i
I think you can get all-seasons swapped and possibly a set of winters to make a deal. This time of year is always a great time of year to buy. Which dealer makes a difference too! Are you at Star or Ogilvie?

Even if you just get the tires, at Goldwing you can get a set of rims from there at a really good price and ten you are set!

I'm hoping my Brilliant Blue doesn't come early...I may have to put the winters on it dammit!
Star at the moment, you? When is your brilliant blue coming in? What's your spec? what kind of deal do you think I can anticipate?

Thx!

P.S I am in Findley Creek so your Neighbour to the east so to speak.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:24 PM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Star at the moment, you? When is your brilliant blue coming in? What's your spec? what kind of deal do you think I can anticipate?

Thx!

P.S I am in Findley Creek so your Neighbour to the east so to speak.
Star is The Best. Kass and Yves are top notch. They take extremely good care of us and do not take their clients for granted, like some dealerships.

Brilliant Blue, Grey Leather, Premium, Active LED, 19s without the black trim, Performance package I think (the exhaust)...I think that is it? Never had a blue car but wanted to change it up as my stable right now is all grey. I do love Iridium Silver though. Had it three times on my Benzes.

I am very concerned about the Brilliant Blue, as the C300 in the showroom looks like it was done with a paint brush. The orange peel is atrocious...I already told them that don't think for a second I will accept my car like that!

I think 3K is a good place to start, plus whatever promo is out there, the 39month lease is a good rate. Mt C43 is 150/mo cheaper than my C400.

Findlay Creek, lots of friends in there, nice community. Go Hawks!