Sponsored by:

OE Tuning advice??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63S AMG Sedan
OE Tuning advice??

Hello, i am looking to buy an OE tunning for my c43 2017. im still trying to accept that i will have to drive 6h45 to go and 6h45 to comback... so i was wondering, any of you tried it? do you feel the power gains? is it dangerous for the engine? thanks!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS
Originally Posted by kesmarc
Hello, i am looking to buy an OE tunning for my c43 2017. im still trying to accept that i will have to drive 6h45 to go and 6h45 to comback... so i was wondering, any of you tried it? do you feel the power gains? is it dangerous for the engine? thanks!
I have it on my C450 and love it. Really feel the power gain and it has had 0 issues. Highly recommend it. I live about 1 hour away from them and just sent the ECU to them and got it back in 3 days.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
CLA250
It's better to mail the ECU than drive 13 hours back and forth IMO.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
I just recently purchased a C450 and am very interested in this as well. However, does doing this void the warranty?

Sorry, I know people have asked this a lot but I have yet to see anyone take a definitive stand on the matter.

Thanks,
Old 07-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by tendragon
I just recently purchased a C450 and am very interested in this as well. However, does doing this void the warranty?

Sorry, I know people have asked this a lot but I have yet to see anyone take a definitive stand on the matter.

Thanks,
In the U.S., under Magnuson-Moss, it may not, and if so, such can't be enforced. The issue is whether the modification is the cause in fact of a warranty claim, if any.
The following users liked this post:
tendragon (07-19-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Got about 6 months on mine. LOOOOOOOOVE it. Especially with the added sound of the downpipes. The car is a beast and I still look forward to driving it everyday.

And id doesn't technically void the warranty. But it can. If you have any sort of mechanical issue that requires the dealer, you're not going to want to bring it to them with it tuned. You'll need to flash it back to stock before taking it in.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Got about 6 months on mine. LOOOOOOOOVE it. Especially with the added sound of the downpipes. The car is a beast and I still look forward to driving it everyday.

And id doesn't technically void the warranty. But it can. If you have any sort of mechanical issue that requires the dealer, you're not going to want to bring it to them with it tuned. You'll need to flash it back to stock before taking it in.
still waiting on that video guy ...

Fwiw, everyone with either the AMR or OE tunes seems to be quite satisfied.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:14 AM

2016 C450

Thanks Sean1. I think if I go down this route I'll go with the module.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by kesmarc
My recommendation would to get the AMR Performance upgrade. They are a little more expensive, however, they make the most power and they warranty your motor and tune! It is very hard to compete with their customer service and support. I have their stage 1 and couldn't be happier . Just my two cents, good luck with whatever you choose!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by getmercd
My recommendation would to get the AMR Performance upgrade. They are a little more expensive, however, they make the most power and they warranty your motor and tune! It is very hard to compete with their customer service and support. I have their stage 1 and couldn't be happier . Just my two cents, good luck with whatever you choose!
I agree with getmercd.... AMR is awesome! The difference is night and day.. this tune has some serious *****!! I totally transformed my c43 to c63s territory..and Matt at AMR is great! It not only gives you about 100hp gain at the crank, but it also seems to help smooth out the transmission shift.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
I think you're going to be sorely disappointed if you pop your motor and ask AMR to fix it under warranty.

http://shop.amrperformance.com/warranty/

AMR Performance shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damage(s) or loss of property and/or equipment, loss of profits or revenue, cost of purchased and/or replacement goods and/or additional services and/or claims of customer(s) of the purchaser which may arise and or result(s) from the sale, installation, service(s) and/or use of AMR Performance products and/or AMR Performance items sold by AMR Performance.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Lionel_Hutz
I think you're going to be sorely disappointed if you pop your motor and ask AMR to fix it under warranty.

http://shop.amrperformance.com/warranty/
lol I work in a legal department and if you read that thoroughly you would understand why they would write that. It is saying that if you do anything recklessly with the vehicle that would damage it due to your own circumstances, they will not be liable. For example, if you go over 150mph and and crash and kill people, you cannot blame AMR for taking off your speed limiter haha. Also, the installation part means that if another shop installs your ECU and lets say breaks some clips, that has nothing to do with AMR. It is common sense stuff really and with their track record, I do not see any chance of someone "popping" their motor due to an AMR upgrade. I see tons of people using AMR as well as myself and none of us have had any problems!
Old 07-24-2017, 05:25 PM

C43
lol I work in a legal department and if you read that thoroughly you would understand why they would write that. It is saying that if you do anything recklessly with the vehicle that would damage it due to your own circumstances, they will not be liable. For example, if you go over 150mph and and crash and kill people, you cannot blame AMR for taking off your speed limiter haha. Also, the installation part means that if another shop installs your ECU and lets say breaks some clips, that has nothing to do with AMR. It is common sense stuff really and with their track record, I do not see any chance of someone "popping" their motor due to an AMR upgrade. I see tons of people using AMR as well as myself and none of us have had any problems!
So where's your express, written warranty from AMR saying that they're going to cover any and all issues caused by the tune?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:33 PM
Former Member

CLS
I've stayed in Holiday Inns.

Are you a lawyer, or a layman?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM
Former Member

CLS
So where's your express, written warranty from AMR saying that they're going to cover any and all issues caused by the tune?
Say, Hutz, repeat after me, "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose...implied warranty of merchantability...."
Old 07-24-2017, 05:39 PM

C43
Originally Posted by CFG
Say, Hutz, repeat after me, "implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose...implied warranty of merchantability...."
LOL good luck with that.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Former Member

CLS
LOL good luck with that.
Good luck indeed. I've tried many of these cases and beaten guys like you many times.

And, the measure of damages includes:

§ 2-715. Buyer's Incidental and Consequential Damages.
(1) Incidental damages resulting from the seller's breach include expenses reasonably incurred in inspection, receipt, transportation and care and custody of goodsrightfully rejected, any commercially reasonable charges, expenses or commissions in connection with effecting cover and any other reasonable expense incident to the delay or other breach.

(2) Consequential damages resulting from the seller'sbreach include

(a) any loss resulting from general or particular requirements and needs of which the sellerat the time of contracting had reason to know and which could not reasonably be prevented by cover or otherwise; and
(b) injury to person or property proximately resulting from any breach of warranty.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 07-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Former Member

CLS
LOL good luck with that.
The germane issues are disclaimer, limitation, exclusion, failure of essential purpose and unconscionability....

Do you really think a jury would find a seller of tuning goods didn't have reason to know of the particular purpose of the goods it sells to improve performance?

Express, implied...same result or better.

Good luck...yeah, right...for clowns, maybe.

Funny how their lawyers sought to exclude "good luck" warranties, isn't it?

The real issue is whether those global exclusions are void or valid....in many jurisdictions, a global exclusion like this one is void ab initio.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 07-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:21 PM

C450 amg

Do you have an Instagram? Would love to check out some pics of your car!